Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i think only kimarhi can jump sphere grids without high level keyspheres or teleport spheres. being underleveled is surprisingly brutal because node quality starts going way up, and it's hard to suss out if you're over or underleveled just from looking at the sphere grid. the difficulty starts to ramp up after shiva, and skyrocket once you get to gagazet though. it's when the game gets crazy fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

that's in the original US release, the HD remakes use the newer sphere grid that's a little more open. FAQs used to call it the "international sphere grid," i think because the european versions released with it.

you gotta choose it i think, my replay of the HD version was the same as the ps2.

heehee posted:

you can choose between "expert" and "standard" sphere grid in this version and i have no idea what i chose lol

e: looked it up im pretty sure i chose standard

i'm pretty confident you did, the expert version looks completely psychotic and you have to go out of your way to select it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
looking it up bicyclops is right, the standard sphere grid is expanded for the hd/international version, but it's just some extra nodes and paths, not any major changes in progression. the expert starts you in the center like khimari for every character.

in conclusion, you cannot gently caress up the sphere grid except for khimari but the devs already did that by making him terrible. Except you can use him to get rikku's steal and use since she's such a latecomer but he doesnt have mix so he ends up collecting cobwebs.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
seems like a weird solution to old sprites only looking good on crt displays.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

heehee posted:

lmao well i started a fight against one of the dark aeons, where it got 3 turns in a row using thundaja doing 99999 damage each, pwning me instantly without me being able to move. might just move to x-2 lol.

i started up x-2 yesterday actually just to watch the intro cutscene before goin to sleep and holy poo poo the whiplash from the end of x to this is so sick lmfao.

hell yes welcome to ffx-2 it kicks rear end as well. the dark aeons are SUPER endgame stuff. they were added in the international release, so it's more like bonus content for the real freaks. They get more difficult in succession though, so you can do valefore with almost no tricks. the rest of the postgame ramps up far more organically, but the endgame is essentially prepping new equipment for every big fight which i kinda like tbh.

worth doing some postgame stuff just to see how broken rikku is imo

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

i ate 100mg of edibles last weekend and sat in bed playing ff7r intergrade tears streaming down my face because of how loving hot tifa is

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I have encountered none of these things lol. Games cool though, I was worried they’d dole out t he jobs slowly.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
How’s the gba different from the snes version. A bit peeved the remaster is so feature light.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

All you had to do was suplex the drat train, Sabin!

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

it's always interesting to see what they do with the script.

Are you on steam? You can fix the bad font by just renaming some files

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

yeah. i play on a couple of different laptops, though, will i need to rename the files on all of them?

Probably but it takes about 30 seconds. If you find the font files in t he local files you just move the en ones somewhere else, copy the jp ones and rename them to the en file name. There’s a short video guide on the community page, I’m not home rn so I can’t be too helpful

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
all you gotta do is slip the two en files into the aa folder for safekeeping, then copy the ja files and rename them en and you're done.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
That’s even better, thanks

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I think the tutorial said both shoulder buttons and y? Haven’t used it yet but it’s something strange

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i was so confident i read and remembered the tutorial lol

this is my first FF with a job system and it's cool. a lot of stuff right away and a pretty quick atb system is making random battles pretty hectic even at the start.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

P-Mack posted:

My wife asked me once if there was a way to see hours played in FFXIV and I told her I don't think so.

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lmfao at everything frm this onward again

lol again

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Tim Burtonesque Broom: TCELES B HSUP.
Jack: Enough with your riddles and mysteries. Your incantations mean nothing to a man like me, with no luxury for memories.... Fighting is what I live for.
*Mariah Carey cover of "Hero" begins to play*

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today! The two teams that have won through to the finals are, of course, the Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year, he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the new hope of blitzball!

Blitzball is epic ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

American McGay posted:

Hey now, don't be so hard on yourself Life is Strange 2.

-American McGay

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

always knew not to trust seymore. besides his devilman hair, he's only a half-human aka a halfsie and we know all about those people dont we folks. very very bad hombres

Also he’s at the right place at the right place a little too much. Doesn’t work if you e seen every Oliver stone movie

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

(a little too loudly) Too bad there's no one here who will tell me how to mod my Nintendo Switch.

*busty woman holding a nintendo switch who's rear end is caught in a clothes dryer for some reason* uncle at nintendo what are you doing?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

Playing ffx along with a book-club-formatted podcast. Stopped at Killika village waiting for the next episode.

What podcast. I have autism

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

it's only the third worst mini-game, too. lightning bolts beats it out for pure tedium and the butterfly one is among the worst in any final fantasy game imo.

the lightning dodging game is the most fucekd up thing i've 3ever heard of in a final fantasy game lol at least that and the butterfly ones have items i've never once wanted. i only beat the chocobo race this time and i looked up a route to finally beat it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i actually love blitzball. if anything it's too easy and you have to play way too much, but as it is it would probalby make me scream if it was hard.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Kongming posted:

In high school I did 200 lightning dodges and one attempt I got hit at 190 something and had a calm gamer freak out moment at 11:30 PM.

lol

Arrhythmia posted:

My friend sat with his back to the TV in a dark room and pressed the button whenever the room lit up

woah

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

worst part of chocobo racing is that youve actually got to get less than 0.0, the first time i got exactly 0 and didnt get it is one of my worst gaming moments ever

Yeah lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I started listening to that ffx podcast and I love it lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

i used to listen to some lovely dark souls podcast when i worked years ago and it actively made me angrier than if i was listening to nothing at all lol.

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book posted:

doma dees nuts

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

making headway in FFVII for the first time and man this would've blown my mind if i had it when i was a kid. dated or not, still really drat good

i was 10 when i played it and yes my mind was blown

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

I had a friend whos dad loved gaming so the whole drat family played games. I was over there one time and his big sister was playing FFVII and I had never seen anything like it. His sister named Tifa LadyTopanga, which I have never forgotten lol. 90's ftmfw. Seeing FFVII and Tifa changed me in that instant into the big tit loving jrpg person I am today. So thank you to my friend Phillip, the realest one I ever knew.

I didn’t need to be taught to love big boobs :shrug:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

not too far into it yet, running around the Wall Market to prepare Cloud for Don Corneo which uhhh is certainly a segment lol

Wall market ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

wait until you play it in the remake

:stare: I MUST GO SHOPPING

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

lmfao stop posting in cspam you lunatic

For real lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

I hope it's just instance zones like FFXIV with really garish blue lasers showing you the loading barrier

Lasers ftw