Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this is gonna whoop so much rear end. what the gently caress is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/1485749436307361798?t=YtUy3mgB-TR6-2AAcEHvAQ&s=19

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Tim Burtonesque Broom: TCELES B HSUP.
Jack: Enough with your riddles and mysteries. Your incantations mean nothing to a man like me, with no luxury for memories.... Fighting is what I live for.
*Mariah Carey cover of "Hero" begins to play*

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i think i already missed one of the chests in the imperial camp, lol

there's one in like, the top left I didn't know about for years

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

apparently you need to jump in a hole to get it. i think the camp closes forever as soon as you leave so i might have to go back to an old save or write it off.

I don't know about a hole, you just walk around a tent or something, I think

there's another chest you investigate that you end up jumping in to avoid a guard though lol

that map is inaccessible after you leave though yeah

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stranger of paradise owns lmao

it looks so cool. might preorder so I can play three days early ...

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I feel like the eidolon vs eidolon fights are what I'm the most concerned about... I'm imagining a big wack qte fight

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm imagining a big wack QTE fight and smiling. We are not the same

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

ff7R had the same "it's all one long hallway" complaints that people level against the series and it owned. not every game has to be "open world" and the traditional JRPG structure just works for final fantasy. sometimes opening up a slow trickle of sidequests and minigames through the story is fine, not every game has to be "find 10 behemoth pelts"

I'd love for them to straight up have a world map that just goes between different locations but we're probably long past that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the FF pixel remasters got things like the font and all fixed pretty quickly so I'm assuming there'll be a sprite replacement mod day of release

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

this reminds me that I'm totally going to play the Brave New World mod one of these days, eventually

bnw rocks and also t-edition

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

:negative: a-argh!?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i love the 3d version but it's not where you want to start with it. it's probably better for a replay on hard mode, which was how the DS version shipped

emulate the snes game imo if you think you would like the quaint original translation otherwise do the pixel remaster

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Nutmeg posted:

lucky, have fun with the game. i think rebirth is coming winter of 2023 and only for playstation 1st just like remake. currently debating if i should borrow my friends ps5 to play it on release or try to go dark on the game til the PC release, which may be impossible since i consider everything a spoiler and modern day internet/algorithms tell you poo poo no matter what.

you better believe within two days all of your youtube recommendations are gonna be about how cloud dies and zack replaces him or some poo poo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Daughter drew me some FFXIV art

Patch 6.3 spoiler don't look if u didn't do the content

looks very cool but also *looks with eyes that finished 6.0 and put it down* what the heck is that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I spent part of the epidemic getting into ff14 since it felt like a good time to. I enjoyed it but also it's an MMO. you'll never be missing out by not playing an MMO, you'll be saving hundreds of hours

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

you know, i thought i was having fun playing this awarded videogame celebrated for its beautiful environments and engaging story, but i'm such a miserable little piece of poo poo and i feel like i've just wasted so much of my life and potential that i just cant rationalize having fun gaming and ultimately blame this game for it, as it's just an mmo heh heh and you'll never be missing out by not playing an mmo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Getting the crafting leaderboard title is the most demented video game thing I've ever done

I never touched the crafting

I joined one of the goon guilds during Shadowbringers and asked in the chat about crafting endgame tank armor for myself and a guy offered to talk to me about it and then just started making it for me while he talked super exasperatedly like I had asked him to do something super inconvenient and acted like I was being rude when I said I had to go in like 20 minutes so I had to sit there longer than I meant to and talk to this dude while he made armor

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hizke posted:

I was in the goon guild for ffxiv when i played and i finally unlocked glams and got the mats for bikini armor lol. I asked in the fc if anyone could help me so someone was like yeah, come meet at the fc house. I go there and its a lalafell dude. He does his thing, gives me the armor and i thank and tip him. I’m like ah thanks so much, and as I’m about to bounce he’s like try it on. I had no choice but to indulge him lol

lmfao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in the original final fantasy 2 you spend most of the game trying to the spell ultima and once you finally get it its useless because one of the game coders snuck in and made it that way because he thought it was realistic and they couldnt fix it because he coded it in a loving cipher and wouldnt undo it lmao

no shot it isn't just that's what he told his boss because he didn't feel like fixing it lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmfao. Boy fellas, you guys really beat the poo poo out of each other in front of a goblin today. That'll be 6,000 gold pieces.

lmfao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy kicks rear end

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I love FF4 very much. thank you, Squaresoft

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Never actually played through any FF game from before X, aside from playing a bit of 8 at a friend's house. I was thinking of starting off with the FF6 pixel remaster.

if you're interested at all in the previous ones, I'd go back before FF6: it's the most mechanically and narratively complex of the 2D games and the others may feel shallow compared to it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the pixel remaster for VI is pretty good and is widely available but it's hard to beat the classic being emulated on snes9x

the only PRs I bought are II and III because those probably are really the best versions of them, especially III

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Why did they think that font/kerning on the PR dialog boxes/menus was okay. What the gently caress.

oh yeah. thankfully you can fix it pretty easy on PC

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

me. font crew assemble

that's what I'm talking about

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

symbolic posted:

i am calm. i am calm. the sun is out. today's Chainsaw Man chapter kicked rear end. i am calm.

oh poo poo, thanks for reminding me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Martman posted:

fellow imps, I have completed one of the most stressful gaming accomplishments of my life: clearing floors 1-200 of Palace of the Dead solo in Final Fantasy XIV.

POTD is a side-content area inspired by roguelites; you clear sets of 10 floors at a time (9 normal floors and a boss floor at the end), with the floors being generally randomized in terms of layout, enemy placement, and treasure chests. the chests can give you special items that are only functional within POTD, like make you tankier or do more damage for 8 minutes, or reveal the map of a floor including invisible traps, or turn you into a manticore that can oneshot any non-boss mob. There are traps freaking everywhere, and later on even individual monsters hit super hard. Not only that, but especially as you go into the deep floors the floors themselves will sometimes give you really hosed up debuffs and your items that can deal with them are extremely limited. you get an hour per set of 10 floors and in the last fifty floors or so that hour starts to feel real tight.

and there's permadeath of course. if you fail the run is over and you have to start back at floor 1. This content was primarily designed for groups of four though. Generally you'd have at least one other party member who can rez people, and as long as your entire party doesn't wipe you can recover. solo you don't have that luxury though, except for very limited items that can rez you, leaving you weakened and wasting any buffs you had at the time (often even if you use one of these you end up screwed over by wasting your other items and wasting time)

You get a fancy title for clearing 1-200 solo, so your character can be called The Necromancer.

you can sit on a bench at floor 200 after beating it

e: idk why my screenshot is so boblike, my monitor isn't ultrawide or anything lol

cool and also scary

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ffta ftmfw. i played that to loving death as a kid

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wives rock

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/xenosaga7/status/1667489953209782273?t=HVPIaWAoVnxDH3fOj50yug&s=19

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

b_d posted:

it'll also be probably ten or more years away

third game will probably be 2028, god help us if there's a fourth game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I hope there's a pinch more difficulty in the actual game but I loved all the worldbuilding and characters and everything

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

On the bright side I won't have to wait until 2025 for FF7 Rebirth

this is the real thing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1709259777325543892?t=P6PiXyabjQ25-2th7HVQog&s=19

what have they loving done.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this time, Gau will say gently caress

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hizke posted:

LOL I just looked up who chadley was cuz I forgot so I’m going on record and stating chadley did not do that.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

we all see who you're snubbing. don't bother to come to pubechat next week, we're stacking your chair on the bar.