Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

Unlocks tonight at midnight.

going to bed early tonight and waking up early tomorrow like it's Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you should stay up late and play final fantasy 7 rebirth

I'm gonna be asleep before midnight because I can't hang no more and then I'm waking up at the time I would normally get up for work and instead commuting to Kalm

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

between the end of the first protorelic questline and the beginning of the second im now dedicated to hunting these things down the frame i reach a new zone

got the first one and nutted.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sleng Teng posted:

I’m still trying to get the hang of synchronize skills, I forget to use them a lot except for the ones that get you airborne or shore up your defenses. I bet there’s some sick strats with the counter and charge ones which so far I’ve only managed to trigger accidentally while guarding

every time I remember to use Power Cleave or Spell Blade I end the fight even faster than usual

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kongming posted:

I tend to keep a healing materia on everyone and then make sure I have all the elements covered across my current team rather than doing roles. The ATB skills that let you use an elemental attack for free are nice but only for quick encounters since they don't build bars for synergy abilities. I also quite like the Item Economizer materia or whatever it's called that lets you use an item for no ATB cost.

Red XIII now has an ability that hastes the entire party which is pretty awesome so I'm keeping him around more. I might be crazy but I feel like casting Haste costs more MP than in Remake and it's harder to keep up, but it is a pretty busted buff.

this level of preparation is good and you'll probably get more consistent results but I feel like I end up brute forcing every fight by juggling enemies with Cloud's Firebolt Blade, or if they're weak to ice, Snow Flurry chains between targets and keeps your ATB going. I end up going like 100 ft in the air every battle

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this new crunches mini game is gonna make me kill myself

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

My main tip is to have fun

also I have autistically completed every open world activity I could before moving on but you really don't have to if you're burning out on doing so

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

elf help book posted:

It's so cool. Even the music is often like.... they made a theme for this????!! No corners cut

that's exactly it. no corners cut. if anything, they added corners for the hell of it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

end game cleanup before going off to beat the game you can fight kujata and Phoenix together and you have to beat kujata first and also immediately after you kill kujata the first time Phoenix rezzes it

this poo poo is so hard

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kongming posted:

Slowly making progress on my Hard mode playthrough and just cleared Chapter 5. Did you know the boss in that chapter has an unblockable laser attack that targets all three party members at once and the AI controlled party members can't dodge it. And it does like 8000 damage on hard. So you're guaranteed two KO'd party members every time it decides to do it. I beat it on my first try anyway but it made me sweat a little.

one day I'll do Rebirth's hard mode but I abused the hell out of mist giga-potions at the end. I'll have to actually make a setup. do you get more magnify materia in ng+

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did y'all know if you hold block as you switch party members the person you switch to will teleport on top of the target in a special attack

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

the game actually tells you this right at the beginning but there's so much else going on that it's easy to immediately forget it, lol.

I did it by accident in like Chapter 11 and was shocked lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think final fantasy 7 rebirth may be the best game i have ever played

it's insane how much is packed in without feeling exhausting