Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can understand getting excited about seeing the World of Ruin in the game but what about not getting to go to...any of it. You had to be at least a little disappointed with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Corner the effervescent water and natron markets

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FFXII on PC has a hard mode and a no leveling mode...Need to get back to my run of that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just found this old video from the time that I played FFVIII with the music modded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7AvVt-QMU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

LR is my fave FF so I guess I should play some of those other games

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I was just using a souped up version of the Blazefire Saber for the FFXIII endgame and I did all the Pulse quests. You don't really need the ultimate weapons imo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FFXIII and FFXIII-2 have the exact same battle system, and Lightning Returns has a faster and more action based one. XIII has a long linear section then a pretty huge and mostly optional open world one, XIII-2 is almost completely nonlinear (which while interesting I think hurts the challenge of the game a bit until the very end) and LR is a big open world split into 4 sections that has scaling difficulty depending on how many days have passed.

I enjoy them all and since it is a trilogy you'd need to play them all to really understand the story. Though Lightning Returns is my favorite Final Fantasy game, so if I had to choose one that would be it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

it's been a while since I played a game where I sit down in the afternoon and blink and suddenly it's 8pm and I haven't started making dinner.

It's only been a few weeks since we were playing mhgu

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Playing FF3 NES after blasting through FF1 and 4 GBA and I already like it more, this game is sick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FF16 looks so good...it's got dragon's dogma staff working on it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FF16 is so for me I can't believe it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Badass.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Square Enix division that’s developing FF16 recently hired a dude who worked on Dragon’s Dogma and DMC4 so the combat should be awesome.

Dragon's Dogma style combat with classic FF enemies is going to be beyond cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

thank you for the backstory for lall the iconic and memorable ff5 characters

butz

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Getting the itch to finally go back and do Lightning Returns hard mode...it's gonna be sick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Posting the FFXIII-2 ending theme in the crying at video game music thread made me listen to the whole amazing soundtrack and now I'm installing it again. It was my least favorite of the trilogy on the initial playthrough but I still loved it, just not quite as much as the other two. Looking forward to giving it another go and maybe actually clearing all the bonus stuff this time around

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

My favorites when I was little watching my brother play were Shadow (cool) and Mog (cute)

you can make relm and strago look like mog. best team imo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I've been playing the switch version recently and kind of into it. The environments are really bland which is kind of killing the mood the longer I play.

Come on. Let's kick some A.

I'm pretty sure the Last Remnant guy is directing FFXVI so that game's gonna be a trip. I still can't believe I finished TLR it's an insane game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I need to finish FF3 FC, I stopped around the point that I got a game over from walking into a ball on the world map

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lightning Returns steam page posted:

Thank you for your continued support of LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
An update of the game has been implemented as of 12th July 2021.

Update Content:
Fixed an issue of Lightning’s voice not being played in some scenes.

We hope you continue to have fun with LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Very well. Time for a replay.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today! The two teams that have won through to the finals are, of course, the Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year, he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the new hope of blitzball!

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmfao. Boy fellas, you guys really beat the poo poo out of each other in front of a goblin today. That'll be 6,000 gold pieces.

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

I think someone said ff13-2 has multiple endings and I don't wanna look anything up that'll spoil something. Does the amount of fragments you get count towards it or is it certain events where you choose something? Is there some "true" ending that requires a big time commitment?

There's 1 real ending with a final boss and a bunch of "paradox" endings that each require you to do something special, I think some of them might require beating the game before you can do them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh and I think most or all of them require you to close gates on the historia crux and redo those levels

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

CT's not until may and june.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lightning Returns is my Final Fantasy GOAT

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

I guess returnal doesn’t count since now it’s on pc but that game seriously whips

only pc has the samus version so its pc exclusive now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1702439967182459049

edit: i counted backwards from may instead of forwards because i'm actually too smart.

blanka main

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hizke posted:

LOL I just looked up who chadley was cuz I forgot so I’m going on record and stating chadley did not do that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

kill this bitch for caving to peer pressure

He should play FFXIII instead.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hizke posted: