Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

Before this year FFV was my favorite, but I played all 3 XIII games this year and can't decide between FFXIII and Lightning Returns. The Paradigm/Schemata system is in my top 3 RPG battle systems.

yeah I played both V and LR for the first time this year and they're freaking win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I talk about bravely second in this thread

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Im going to buy it after I finish the DQ7 postgame and will post about it here as well

It's insanely win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bravely Second is awesome but the other day I let a conversation auto play and I was paying attention and I ended up in a boss battle where the guy could one hit a character with every attack lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
replaying 9's intro because I loved everything about it ftw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Cashed in my GameStop rewards points and got bravely second for 20 bucks

nice, we're even too on progress. I looked up where the demo stopped and it really was 5 hours into the game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh interesting, I thought he demo was like a standalone story. Can I import data or anything? I think I just get item bonuses for having played it

I don't see why you shouldn't.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I started Bravely Second, and yes that's correct I started it on Hard

gl

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Btw the demo is a separate side story that takes place before the game. I got a bonus gift of some potions + Phoenix downs for playing and a little party chat when the Three Cavaliers rebranded reminiscing about their last adventure

Oh that's odd. I remember i looked up a description for a boss I encountered several hours in and it said that it was the final boss of the demo too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I bet they reuse a few bosses especially all the job ones. Maybe I'll get special dialogue or something! I'm only like 30 minutes in but I immediately remember why I love the battle system in these games

it's freaking win but I couldn't believe the pay for bravely second thing you can do

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Lol yeah that's so dumb. I wonder if anybody has ever actually paid money so they could do a turn over and save uhh like 3 minutes of time from their actual lives. You'd have to be psychotic

it's not doing a turn over at all actually it allows a character to perform up to like 6 continuous attacks on top of however many braves you've got with addition to extra damage. It can one shot bosses with it I'm sure

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Haha cool. I mean you can one shot bosses anyway, I made a set up that could kill the demo final boss in one turn just for kicks since I did everything else

There's an insane amount of fun sub systems in this game. Let me know if you figure out how the custom special attacks work I haven't figured that out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Lmao the VR gyro control escape sequence was insane

it was so awesome. I wasn't expecting it at all but was pumped the whole way through

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The second I posted that I unlocked the encounter rate menu lol

yeah, it's awesome for after beating a dungeon and going back to clean it up of chests

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

dude these posts are making BD sound like my dream rpg. I kind of lost steam in DQ7 and I'm strongly considering trading it in for bravely default honestly

bravely second is really so freaking good. Maybe IT is just better at jrpgs than I am because I set the battle rate to default and got smoked by one boss, I never felt op. I'm actually stuck on one boss right now but I passed like 5 hours playing the incremental clicker mini game lol

There's a custom special move mechanic I want to figure out. It looks like it gives you the option to choose a catch phrase, music, and style but it doesn't seem to work

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 12, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The special move stuff is part of the street pass system so good luck ever havin it work well

Special Moves are really powerful attacks that can be customize to have various different effect. Special Moves are activated by defeating enemies. Eventually you can use different conditions to trigger activation requirements. When you use a Special Move, the battle music will correspond to the character using it. Special Move duration only last as long as the character theme, you will need to make quick decisions to fully take advantage of the Special Move. To unlock additional Special Moves, activation condtions or additional parts. You will need to upgrade the Moon Base.

I didn't see anything about street pass

http://www.neoseeker.com/bravely-second/walkthrough/Special_Moves

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Those are the parts and triggers you get from the incremental clicker which is the one part of the game I really don't like

I played it until I had every single unlock and 10 million points lol.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

What the hell.

check that post count. Trolls aren't welcome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

They need to stop pronouncing Ba'al as Balls

Hahahah

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It was worth it bc triple wielding thief is shredding rear end

the other thing looked like the bad choice and I never used red Mage lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

My people have been fighting balls since the dawn of history.

Magnolia is win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also think it's cool when RPGs use foreign languages in games

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Idk how I'm gonna beat summoner so I may just go for Swordmaster. Her boss battle seems loco

I just beat this after leveling up some jobs and stuff. For sure take out the adds first or else you aren't beating this. I picked up a weapon from the windmill town in the desert that really helped, I think all the best gear we can get is there

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Yeah definitely, it's just every single add one shots me right now so I can't even go one or two turns in either fight. I'll try doing more of the story to see if that's more manageable

good luck, the level suggestion for the story area is way higher than the forest. My tip for the adds is using the little spheres you find. My winning combo was using one of those that hit for 500 damage across the board and a special move that did the same.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also whoever you got with spell craft, combine any arcane buffs with mist to help. If someone's a fencer there's a weapon in town that let me do like 700-850 damage per stance change

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Yeah I start out with an evade mist that helps a lot. What gets me is if someone gets confused. I've only got one of the bracers that protects against it, wish I could buy some more

yeah my winning fight happened when the adds didn't use confuse on the person doing all the work. I don't remember being able to buy any anti confuse gear either

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to destroy Minette

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lied the main story boss is way easier

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao the asterisk you get

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
catmancer seems very strong, but I got loving wiped on the standard mobs in the next dungeon

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I finished Bravely Second chapter 1. final boss for it was tricky, looking forward to getting the gun class in the enxt chapter (or later?)

Any tips?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, that's been my plan to match a mist and heal but I need to get my jobs together

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The kingdom hearts games thread is insane

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

"They explore the forest hoping to find a clue on how to return home when Tidus mistakes a bomb for a blitzball and is killed in an explosion. He is brought back by Yuna's feelings for him, although Tidus does not realize what has happened." http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tidus#Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_.7EEien_no_Daish.C5.8D.7E

Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's weird to me that a guy who can survive a fight with the physical incarnation of human turmoil can die like that

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I pray for a YRP + Lightning game with dresspheres and paradigm shifting

yeah those things made 13-3 badass

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont really like any of the characters in 10, except for rikku. but i like them in 10-2

I played 10-2 before I beat 10 and I like -2 way more :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

What's better Ride ze shoopuff! or the metal song in XIII-2 that growls Come on you think you can ride this chocobo

for some reason the music and the setting of x2 final boss really stuck with me. I think because it is so good