Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I know, I'm using it. i actually printed the whole thing out so i could check when i've "cleared" a formation and when i've gotten the rage, it's stapled together under the coffee table. every couple of months my wife asks if she can throw it away.

lmao, big flashbacks to the time i printed out a massive gamefaqs checklist for dark cloud 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

In 20 years you'll be hanging upside down from a tree with a fork up your rear end

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you

nice

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

esperterra posted:

I really need to finish this. I did the dumb thing of taking a break for a day or so, right at the very end of the final bike chase, and haven't gone back to it at all due to getting distracted by a ton of other poo poo. I know how it ends and I need to see that poo poo!

AERIS DIES!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jason Sextro posted:

Yeah that's where I got them the first time I played. I think you can play loads of Triple Triad to get enough of the cards too, but that requires patience I no longer possess. Dragon Fangs were always the items I had problems finding.

it's 10 elnoyle cards per energy crystal, so it would be something like 60 of them and they're not common cards. sometimes if you play a lot of TT for other reasons, you can end up with like 20 to cut yourself 1 or 2 battles, though

e: ah, beaten

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

one day, the gamer simply looked at the controller, then at the menu, then closed his eyes. he'd finally done it; he had become master of Final Fantasy 12, and there was no need to play it anymore. balthier was left without his ending

"Finally," said Final Fantasy 12, "I can play myself in peace".

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Ya lol. I got Angelo immortality and had the defence move ready but only had to deal with one terra break which was the real issue. Also after like doubling my speed I didn’t have to worry about a double attack either.

Anyway this is why I love the guidebooks lol

Oh lol, you meant you were following a guide

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

If you've plugged your controller into port 2, beware! It won't work! Put it in port 1 instead.

Lol @ this and the following posts. RIP the days where the first three pages of an instruction manual would be clinical diagrams of your playstation.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

holy poo poo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

I understand

It's about friendship.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Who is galf?

For years you've been asking,

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

bro why are you readinga before i play guide for a game designed to be beaten by japanese 2nd graders

To ignore it, apparently

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They are clearly N64 buttons.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I have somehow weirdly never really played ff6. Is the phone port any good?

Ahahaha, ahh, ohhh you funny man. Come come, we no talk about phone port here

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

FF6 is insanely epic. Nuff said.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Did square lose the rights to the original sprites. Were they drawn by Sakaguchi's son? Why are they so bad.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

i ate 100mg of edibles last weekend and sat in bed playing ff7r intergrade tears streaming down my face because of how loving hot tifa is

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hizke posted:

SaGa gamers jus' built different I guess, huh. [tries to walk out of the thread but im stuggling to fit my huge chad body with tiny little legs back out the door frame]

lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

what is wrong with square enix lately.

Look they made dragon quest 11 like, three years ago, and the universe is still trying to balance out that immense good karma.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They've got a sorting hat that sends the good kids to work on dragon quest and evil kids to work on the ff remasters

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

P-Mack posted:

My wife asked me once if there was a way to see hours played in FFXIV and I told her I don't think so.

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
NES if you're an original experience psycho like me. Pixel remaster if not. I guess PSP if you want to play through the bonus dungeons

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I didn't use chemist 'cause I'm not going to open a spreadsheet to play final fantasy.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

fadam posted:

This took me like fifteen minutes lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
gamefaqs thread is in the goldmine, but I found this while helping my sister with a side quest:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

Worse, I exited out of a chap 4 commsphere before the cutscene triggered.

The fact that they have a scene skip button, but you can't use it for 100%, is some absolute psycho poo poo.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Just plug your cell phone into a crt you carry, as god intended.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

it's out on Android

Steam in 1 hr

You need to fall in a pit full of ravenous tigers for real dude.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kongming posted:

In high school I did 200 lightning dodges and one attempt I got hit at 190 something and had a calm gamer freak out moment at 11:30 PM.

My friend sat with his back to the TV in a dark room and pressed the button whenever the room lit up

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
"inspiration from recent AAA open-world RPGs" they're going to make it like Elden Ring.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Those ports were terrible

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kongming posted:

They also keep releasing "balance updates", FF6 just got an update early this month. It's bizarre. Especially FF6 which is already extremely easy.

Finally, 28 years after its release, someone out there had the loving balls needed to give Odin +2 speed on level up. Stay winning king.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

3 is the one i know nothing about. nobody has ever had anything to say to me about it.

it's 5 but not as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

the airships flying overhead on the overworld in FF2 are a nice touch, was that in the original?

yes.