Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I don't really wanna make a thread so is star ocean 5 really bad or what. 2 is my favorite jrpg of all time but I never played 3 or 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just learned that square ported Second Evolution to PS4 in Japan but has no intention of releasing it to the west. I wonder if I make a Japanese account again if it has an English option

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can someone recommend a good strategy rpg from the last decade or so. I tried playing suikoden 1 and it's good but I'd like something a little more recent

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Captain gently caress Face posted:

i dont like final fnatasy nine.

Other things poster doesn't like:
Ice cream
Fellatio
Vacations

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just watched Conan play 15 and it looks really dumb

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think I stopped like half way through heavensward last time I got on a 14 kick. I just dont give a poo poo about the story and them forcing you to do absolutely all of it to progress is kind of dumb, I really like the dungeons and stuff

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I forgot how long the GCD is in this game. Like molasses

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Bums me out its an mmo because theres no feasible way to replay it and if I ever wanted to in 10 or 15 years you probably couldnt... should just remake 14 as a single player rpg with the same assets.

A shitload of people still play 11

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The Shadowbringer party AI is funny bc they coded all the party members according to their personalities instead of just being good at the dungeon. So since Alisae is Headstrong, she purposefully walks into every enemy attack lol. If you bring the wrong party composition everyone will just kill themselves constantly and make the dungeon miserable

Sounds like a totally accurate depiction of pick up groups imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

are any of the modern ports of 8 or 9 any good or should I just do the originals on ps1?

They had to downgrade the graphics in 9 for it to run on ps1 or something, if you emulate it it looks waaaay better

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

where is the parasite eve 1/2 remaster square.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just remembered didn’t they lose the rights to the name or something

Just imagining a version of parasite eve 2 that plays like the re2 remake

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I want to play this but I’m only like 1/3 of the way into Heavensward MSQ and I just can’t make it through. Is there still no option to skip the earlier stuff

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

how long would it take me to get through the lovely content to get to the good expansion stuff. I have the base game from a humble bundle so if we're talking biting the bullet and putting in 20 hours I might do it some time

You have to do all of the original ARR content including the patches leading up to heavensward. Without knowing any of the maps and playing mostly blind plus skipping some cutscenes I think it took me around 40ish hours. The first 20 or so levels are kind of a slog. The game is gorgeous though and it plays very well. I was kind of disappointed to see when I came back this time that they got rid of the cross class thing where you would level other jobs to get certain skills for the job you wanted to main. I thought that was really neat

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Squall comes out in full hd tomorrow boys

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

parasite eve remaster when

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

against all odds its gonna be really sick

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Was just watching a eurogamer video on the new materia system and she said something about the remake only taking place in Midgar? I cant find it anywhere else, is this a thing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I mean they said that but how much have we actually seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I mean maybe but they're expanding midgar and pulling stuff from later in the game into midgar so it's gonna be a full size game, just with a sequel hook lol

considering they havent shown a single second of what theyve 'expanded' in midgar its almost certainly just fetch quest busy work bullshit