Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that one FF Tactics mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Benny D posted:

Can someone recommend a good strategy rpg from the last decade or so. I tried playing suikoden 1 and it's good but I'd like something a little more recent
SMT Devil Survivor 1 is really good. Not sure about 2

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Benny D posted:

Can someone recommend a good strategy rpg from the last decade or so. I tried playing suikoden 1 and it's good but I'd like something a little more recent
also I assume you've played Jagged Alliance 2 but if you haven't then please do so

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna finally play Bravely Default

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I used a Red Mage in FF1 instead of a White Mage and it didn't go very well. I was stuck on the final boss for ages until I realised I could just spend five turns buffing/Hasting my fighter and one shot him lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A big fat baby

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Should I play BD1 before 2 or will I get burned out? Is it one of those games where the sequel is just better in every way?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played SoM for half an hour or so and it was really charming but the gameplay felt bad and boring. Does it get better?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like that guys post. Enthusiasm is good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

humdumium doo doo poo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

RIP Plutonis, mistook a bomb for a copy of Killer7 HD for PC.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

crazy chocobo is the greatest song in ff history
hahaha I'd never heard this before. it owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The Exorcist class is so sick. You can do some crazy saves if you have him defaulted up and rewind like 4 different actions at once

Posts about bravely default always sound absolutely insane. I love it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I would buy some of the early ones if not for the aids ios sprites

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well uh that's not a good sign

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna gently caress it.and piss on it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The general consensus for FFXV seeks to be very positive with the notable exception of the car, which absolutely sucks if you're doing anything that isn't the main story since you'll be driving/being driven down the same handful of roads over and over for ~10 minutes while everyone in the car is dead silent
ah, even Final Fantasy heroes have to carpool to work

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Top three tastiest looking foods in video games:
1. Dragon's Crown
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. The Battlefield: Hardline cheeseburger
Muramasa had some great stuff too.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh Long Johnson posted:

They give you the prompt to make sure you know you're hitting one of the points of no return that closes off the open world but I didn't expect it to last the next 10 hours.
ah, The Witcher 3 influence at work.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Illuminatus! by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson theorises that the Illuminati are headed by a giant ancient fish

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love when games have things like that. It's the best part of open world design when it's there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna poo poo on a moogle

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

cool .. so will it be old school style combat or ?
ffxv style

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cobweb Heart posted:

I forgot to check back in. IX is some great poo poo and I barely got started with it!

*hands u a gun* bro i - i want you to promise - just one thing for me bro. if i ever get too cool to edit my posts to seem more excited about Final Fantasy... i want you to take this... and shoot me. kill me bro
me and you are going to make Imp Zone into the place to be for hosed up dudes who beg other posters to blow them up + chop their nuts off

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's 160gb Jesus

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

[Gladio leaning out of the backseat window] Candy! ... Candy! ....... CANDY

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That 3d is ugly

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I never understand stuff like that lol. It always becomes a big selling point of patches/updates (or incremebtal sequels like pokemon) that they removed something arbitrary and annoying as gently caress that should never have been in in the first place

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Porgs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Save Cid

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've never let him die and if you have I loathe you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going away with work all next week, do I play ff6 (cosy, familiar, homely) or bravely default (New, exciting)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

basically they think world of ruin is deviant western non-linear nonsense with no plot or story

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ff12 coming to pc lads

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jacob & Evie Twincest Advocate

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I started playing Bravely Default finally and it's really cool. I already have no idea what classes to use lol so I'm just monk/knight/wm/bm so far

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wish I could relive this feel

I was thinking of going straight to the sequel but I'm really glad I didn't. Seems like a game/series you can just chill and play forever without getting bored

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't wait to play this game for the first time with all this stuff...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Also I'm in chapter 3 in bravely default and all of a sudden have gone from not being sure if I have any jobs I want to focus on to now having like six

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've only played the gba one. Might stick it on my 3ds soon