Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Benny D posted:

Can someone recommend a good strategy rpg from the last decade or so. I tried playing suikoden 1 and it's good but I'd like something a little more recent

ignore the last decade poo poo and play suikoden 2, its better than 1 in every way and is one of the top 5 jrpgs of all time

edit: neither are a strategy rpg though, oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i didn't think i would mess with magic too much but empire guys coming off of dropships being so tightly grouped are totally made for dropping aoes

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the composer also likes 9 the most of all the games hes composed. for me 4 comes 2nd and then 6 after that

that explains why there's two "discs" for 9 you can buy in 15

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i kinda wish i'd gotten the steelbook with the amano art but not for 30 bucks more

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
Liege is brutal, what a slog trying that. You can get another reel from later in the game and you can get the rod from finishing all the old fishing guy's sidequests.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Paper Triangle posted:

i don't know that anyone deserves to lose their job over it but i think it's super hosed that the digital marketplace lets you pretend to release a finished product at full price and then announce a week later that everyone who got the game early is now paying for the privilege of beta testing.

I like the game a ton but I'm definitely irritated at being punished for getting it day one and not technically having all the story til its patched.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Agean90 posted:

I was driving around at night, got out to fight a pair of iron giants, and Aranea jumps out of a dropship to help me wreck them So many nice details.

thats sick, i never had that happen

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

most of the incidental soundtrack is chill/subdued and only uses a few instruments but when bad business is going on it gets real bombastic and good.

I like it a bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKvYDnwTLOE

this music is killer but it takes a while to get going plus you have to be running around on foot so the chances of actually getting to hear the whole thing without imperials dropping on top of you and cutting it off is pretty slim. it's a shame.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
how did you enjoy mashing warp strike for two in game days against adamantoise

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
I lent my copy to a buddy and I'm curious to see how the event affects his playing through the storyline/going to the city for the first time.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQdKkvERi6c

re: lightning returns, this track is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i'm guessing that noctis one will be the last (hopefully?) , i sort of regret beating it at launch but if i'm gonna dip back in for a replay i want to finish absolutely all of it this go