Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

making headway in FFVII for the first time and man this would've blown my mind if i had it when i was a kid. dated or not, still really drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

elf help book posted:

where are you

not too far into it yet, running around the Wall Market to prepare Cloud for Don Corneo which uhhh is certainly a segment lol

Hizke posted:

I had a friend whos dad loved gaming so the whole drat family played games. I was over there one time and his big sister was playing FFVII and I had never seen anything like it. His sister named Tifa LadyTopanga, which I have never forgotten lol. 90's ftmfw. Seeing FFVII and Tifa changed me in that instant into the big tit loving jrpg person I am today. So thank you to my friend Phillip, the realest one I ever knew.

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I can't remember everything but im 90% sure he even turns up walking dramatically alongside the main characters in some of the big story cutscenes. Utterly insane decision

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hizke posted:

Just loving kill him whenever he posts here.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I am a twink. Like my father before me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

me. font crew assemble

[door to the short bus slowly slides open]

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

thank you for your support

i am calm. i am calm. the sun is out. today's Chainsaw Man chapter kicked rear end. i am calm.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Martman posted:

fellow imps, I have completed one of the most stressful gaming accomplishments of my life: clearing floors 1-200 of Palace of the Dead solo in Final Fantasy XIV.

POTD is a side-content area inspired by roguelites; you clear sets of 10 floors at a time (9 normal floors and a boss floor at the end), with the floors being generally randomized in terms of layout, enemy placement, and treasure chests. the chests can give you special items that are only functional within POTD, like make you tankier or do more damage for 8 minutes, or reveal the map of a floor including invisible traps, or turn you into a manticore that can oneshot any non-boss mob. There are traps freaking everywhere, and later on even individual monsters hit super hard. Not only that, but especially as you go into the deep floors the floors themselves will sometimes give you really hosed up debuffs and your items that can deal with them are extremely limited. you get an hour per set of 10 floors and in the last fifty floors or so that hour starts to feel real tight.

and there's permadeath of course. if you fail the run is over and you have to start back at floor 1. This content was primarily designed for groups of four though. Generally you'd have at least one other party member who can rez people, and as long as your entire party doesn't wipe you can recover. solo you don't have that luxury though, except for very limited items that can rez you, leaving you weakened and wasting any buffs you had at the time (often even if you use one of these you end up screwed over by wasting your other items and wasting time)

You get a fancy title for clearing 1-200 solo, so your character can be called The Necromancer.

you can sit on a bench at floor 200 after beating it

e: idk why my screenshot is so boblike, my monitor isn't ultrawide or anything lol

congratulations but it reinforces my opinion that FFXIV players have some of the densest brain worms out there

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

*a dozen gamers pile in the doorway to explain why ultima does bad damage in FF2 fresh after telling you some fun trivia about the scene where Aragorn kicks the helmet in Two Towers*

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao pwnd

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hizke posted:

LOL I just looked up who chadley was cuz I forgot so I’m going on record and stating chadley did not do that.

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

lmao no more heroes did that too, plus i was playin it in college - door open natch - and when i was shaking the wiimote to charge the battery someone walked by and yelled IF YOURE GONNA JERK OFF CLOSE YOUR DOOR FIRST CREEP

Arch Nemesis posted:

no, wait! it's an incisive satire on nerd culture that takes a deeper look at Mel Brooks' insight that a lifhtsaber is essentially a penis;

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Punished Chuck posted:

This actually happened to him in Baldur’s Gate III when the game noticed that he didn’t talk to any of the ladies so it matched him up with Halsin in the epilogue

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

I think FF might be above your pay grade. You should swing by Target and check out the Infant Toys aisle.

just picked up this bad boy, excited to give it a whirl

e: five whole seconds to spin to hippo? unbelievable. refunding this rear end pronto