Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, ff4 is weird because the "hardtype" version is only officially available on the wonky ports. does a dual shock 4 actually get picked up by a laptop if you just use micro-USB to USB or w/e? i guess i never thought to try.

yes. for snes 9x, mednafen/retroarch, and bsnes/higan you don't even need a 3rd party mapper like ds4windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Will Bravely Default go on sale before Octopath releases?

i don't know

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Skylark posted:

Gag I started Lightning Returns and I thought I would remember the stories from 13-1 and 13-2 but i feel SO lost... And yet for some reason I feel like, even if I remembered everything, it woudlnt really make a difference? My experience with Square sequels is that they always just make up totally new stuff for every game anyway.

no one kjnows what a la cie and a faciel or whatever is

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The real 8mportant takeaway from ff13 os that lightning was a louis vuitton model

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

lightning returns... in ff15

win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I suddenly remembered this really long, vivid post someone made on GameFAQs sometime in the very early 00s about how Final Fantasy VI is about growing up (the early stages of the game are about childhood- growing, learning, etc- the chaotic Ruined World is meant to be teen years and puberty and mood swings and crap and the end of the game is adulthood, where everything is more stable and ‘normal’ but the magic is all gone) I remember it being one of the craziest things I’d read up to that point and I’ve been trying to find it for ages- anyone else remember this at all? I know there’s a lot of old GameFAQs lurkers/posters here.

sounds stupid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

i found general leos body floating in the serpent trench and used a pheonix down on it

i revived him by defeating the golden brachiasaur [very rare encounter 1/256 chance] in the dinosaur forest which drops the life elixer you use on his grave in thamasa

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the video of the people standing in line for the Final Fantasy movie going FINAL *clap clap* FANTASY. Thanks

https://www.goatse.cx

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

i know so little about dq6 that i'm not even convinced it exists

it looked very pretty on snes but the grind is brutal and it takes forever to beat hell maybe even longer than original psx dq7

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I was really hype on FFXII on Switch but I’m starting to understand some of the criticism after I whooped a boss’s rear end without touching the controller. I’m pretty early in but how does the difficulty curve out?

gently caress you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sharkopath posted:

are any of the modern ports of 8 or 9 any good or should I just do the originals on ps1?

emulate them and then fast forward thru the boring parts like 20 minute long summoons in ff8

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Thank you uncle at nintendo for spoiler tagging the ennding of a 30 year old rip off of yiik the post modern rpg and homestruck

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The best part of ff7 is midgar and the rest is half assed evangelion nonsense so its good that ita only midgar tbj

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sounds like itll equal and surpass goty 2k18 red dead 2 with that kind of content

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Play the snes ff6 becuase the gba was translated by fricktard sjws whom censored epic woolsey lines like Mr. Thou and Son of a submariner

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

It's ugly as sin, but in all other respects the best version available.

wrong!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

FF6 is more or less my favorite game of all time. I tried playing the phone port (which is the same as the Steam port) and I hated it.

Then later on the same day I tried it on my nvidia shield portable, which is basically an android device with a fold-down screen and an xbox 360 gamepad built in, and I enjoyed it way more. so I think it was playing without a gamepad that was really bothering me

the only thing that sucks about it is the character sprites look pretty goofy. they look like something you'd see in RPG maker. the re-drawn enemy graphics are decent, as are the mode 7 graphics and some other stuff.

i find the GBA translation the best, and a tie between the android/mobile port and the snes one. the snes one has a lot of quirks I like, but the more updated translations make things a lot clearer and are easier to follow the plot with. i personally hate fan translations (unless it's something like where someone takes the GBA translation and hacks it into the SNES ROM, which no one has done yet for FF6)

but anyway if PC is absolutely your only option i'd probably say just download the original SNES ROM and an emulator, even if it contradicts a lot of what i just said. I would say the GBA one but even with the snes audio hack it still sounds like poo poo and the resolution is a lot lower which might turn you off to the game

gently caress you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I need an illegal pc mod for ff10 that assigns ap and exp to all characters instead of having to deal the m in

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

no one really positing about remake...is it lovely?

its extremely good. aND good news. theres a 200 page games thread about it so theres LOTS of epic posts about it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its also quite a bit longer than i thought it would be. i started what i thought would be the end yesterday but its taking a lot longer than i thought. which is cool. becasue cloud tifa barret and aerith are my best friends

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:gonk:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

he also sounds like charlie sheen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Seems like you're a n00b

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they should be making more ff7 remake instead. i don't like this stupid glowing flyying hyist. i like my friends cid, aerith, tifa, cloud, sephiroth, red 13, and all the returning cast members in fianl fantasy 7remake part 2

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

+ epic FF7 remake heroes!

i hope everyone makes fun of vincent for being a dweeb + having a dead wifde

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

thank you for the backstory for lall the iconic and memorable ff5 characters

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

i played the translation of ff5 included in the official snes everdrive pack but it was only 80% translated and gilgamesh talked like: 23#$%#(!^

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont want to play cris core but i do want to see gackt perform all of loveless and he has to change voices and costumes fir all the partz

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

octopath looks really ugly too me and i didn't like the demo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

VikingofRock posted:

Man, I'm 7 hours into the second half of FFVI, and I just found out that I was supposed to wait for Shadow on the Floating Continent. I'm kicking myself because that was even mentioned in the Before I Play guide, but I thought the hint was referring to an earlier scene. Are there any particularly good scenes with that character in the second half of the game? Is it worth going back and repeating the seven hours of the game? (I have a save from right before the key point.)

bro why are you readinga before i play guide for a game designed to be beaten by japanese 2nd graders

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

VikingofRock posted:

Man, I don't have nearly as much time to play video games as I used to. If I'm gonna sink 40+ hours into a JRPG, I'm gonna check a spoiler-free guide to make sure I'm not gonna miss anything huge because I'm not gonna get another chance at a playthrough for a while.

...and then apparently ignore said guide. Oh well

didn't read lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nene. posted:

*picks thread most aligned withe me * wot if i post in this forum instead(for chill vibes) due to of liking video game*sees x box button on reply thing* gggraahhhghhh

*thinks okpen mindedly how a lot of games need some time to get into them*

You must open your heart to the worlds strongest console

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I have somehow weirdly never really played ff6. Is the phone port any good?

Yes you have to install retroarch and play the game within 24 hours of downloading the rom however

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

how did they screw up the psx ports of ff6 and chrono trigger so bad? i don't remember noticing a ton of loading in native psx rpgs

probably a lovely emulator

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

the chrono trigger one is so unplayable, it's insane. it's not even that they didn't put any effort into it, because they added all those movies and some tie-ins to chrono cross and whatever, but the load times before every fight really just gently caress up the whole game.

the stupid chrono cross tie ins are only in the awful ds post game dungeons

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

those aren't in the playstation version. it's just a few references in the cartoons they add for some of the endings.

oh. bizarre. gently caress you square!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

ff6 is probably one of my favorites, but i have to admit that the class system is awkward at best. they just sort of plaster one of the ff5 jobs onto each of the 14 characters, and tying stuff like Mug and Control to an accessory sometimes feels like an afterthought. plus, without gamefaqs level knowledge of how to get all the blue magic and rage, someone playing for the first time like aVerySpecialFriend would have no way of unlocking the secret to resurrect General Leo and get him in your party.

everyone can do everything so the "jobs" don't matter except at the beginning of the game really. i guess if you're using jewel box and ecnomizer with setzer you're doing less damage then doing the same thing with realm or celes or terra but it doesn't really matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

next person to say gau is the strongest is getting an mfin bullet in the head