Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

did y'all know if you hold block as you switch party members the person you switch to will teleport on top of the target in a special attack

the game actually tells you this right at the beginning but there's so much else going on that it's easy to immediately forget it, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Spent some time in the grasslands just wandering around. This game seems insanely huge

make sure to assess things. I missed two of em andi have to go back, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

what's it's name? gently caress YOU, that's it's name. if you don't use the assess materia.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

What is this, Assessin's Creed?

mods?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

can I come back and do fort condor hard mode later? I'm not in the mood but I'll try to just brute force it if I lock myself out of it by progressing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Punished Chuck posted:

I’m still not finished but as of chapter 12 there are parts of the main story that you’re locked out of fast traveling or returning to previous areas but only parts, otherwise you’re free to return basically any time. I haven’t found anything yet that I’ve been permanently locked out of returning to.

Harrow posted:

yeah you're never locked out of anything permanently and you'll have free roam before the (obvious and explicit) point of no return. there are times when you're locked into story for a chapter but there's never anything you're permanently locked out of without specifically being warned first

cool, thanks. i still need to beat the mindflayer but then i'm done with junon intel and i don't want to hang around just for condor hard mode. it's insane how easily you lose hours to this game, even just trying to fill out little corners of the map usually yields a cache or a chocobo stop. godly.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

lol. hizke loving 100 tonberries nd then getting his seam split by Everyone's Grudge

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao i died three times because I thought you were supposed to avoid the rocks and not hide behind them for the mindflayer OHKO attack. needed to play some queen's blood just to get my confidence back. I'm going to stop before I get to whatever they do for the CPR mini game this time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

So far I rate Queen's Blood as better than Triple Triad but worse than Gwent, but obviously I'm pretty early in the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this is unacceptable. having some stern words with your brother, bob.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

thought about spoiling but no point

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hizke posted:

Conquering not just the climb of Mt. Ordeals, but also oneself. T'werst that I could experience such a thing again for the first time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm playing this at such a snail's pace that i only just did the frog jumping mini-game, aced one song on the piano, and am in the middle of the Queen's Blood in Crow's Nest. i still don't even have yuffie in the party, lmao.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've barely been able to play at all, I'm still in the Grasslands doing every single bit of world intel lol.

the world intel is one of those things that feels like it's going to be AAA map fodder, but all of it has had a lot of thought put into it and takes some side characters from Remake and takes all of them to insane extremes, it's awesome. once you get to the junon area it gets even crazier. i know the internet hates chadley but he's not that bad.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

he's very polite and honestly i deserve it every time he says "well, I'm sure you have better things to do" in that passive aggressive tone.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cloud. I've just discovered a disturbing article on Shinra's news that display some unsettling deas regarding what are your, according to the journalist, "holes." While I trust that this was an error and it referenced the members of your team you refer to as "anime babes," I'm nonetheless upset that you could not recall my designated name. Have I done something to offend you? Call me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I beat Fort Condor and I don't think I want to do hard mode

I haven't done that or [spoiler]the frog mini-game[/spoiler[ yet. I think I'll tell myself that I'll come back to it and then not, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

It's not that bad but you have to approach it differently so it might take a while to figure out the "correct" strat. If you just try and counter enemy units with your own units you will run out of time every game.

I found it hard to figure out toward the end regular mode. It always felt about placement and figuring out when to trigger the PCs more than what units you take and at some point it really felt like guesswork. I feel like Hard Mode would just be more of the same but the game is so huge already.