Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

im playing ffviii and want to have fun breaking the game w/junctions. got ahold of card+card mod ability, can someone give me tips to git gud with tetra master?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

its just a matter of practise, read the ingame rules so you can learn about combos and stuff though. but there are certain rules you want to encourage, different regions have different rules for the game and you can spread them around by playing games in different areas. i cant remember the good rules though, i havent played it since i was like 13 years old .. oh, and certain players have certain rare cards. those refine into the best stuff

Captain gently caress Face posted:

ive never been able to manipulate the rules successfully, but there's a guide on gamefaqs that if you follow correctly will leave you with the only regional rule across the world being Open. once you beat ifrit you'll have your first rare card, from there it's just a matter of building up a deck around balamb garden and collecting a few more rare cards (diablos) leaving you pretty much unbeatable as long as you don't spread the random and plus/wall rules.

you dont have to agree to a new regions ruleset either, keep challenging and denying if they try to merge rules.

cool, thanks!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i am now ready to move on to timber and Squall + Zell sports ~3000hp and around 70str and they're all sub lvl12. :allears:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

i replayed OG FFVII for a bit over easter between grading papers, and it’s a good timing from the tax administration, because I have just lost a bit of steam now after gathering all the huge materia, and tomorrow I can grab a PS5 and rebirth :toot:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

FFVII is great, but disc 2 always leaves me wanting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

calhoun posted:

what about when you find out there's a disc 3.

its short enough to start over almost immediately