Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I actually never do it cause it takes longer than killing him and like Bicyclops said nothing really happens if you do. The scene you get when he dies is better, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

sounds like there may be some FF7 Remake news sometime this week. hope everyone saved up their vacation days at work.

There is supposed to be a concert in Tokyo on Saturday and they were going to release info there but I can't figure out if the concert was cancelled due to corona or not since all the info is in Japanese. But my understanding is the concert is going to be livestreamed to nico with no in-person attendance, and there is a video announcement at the end.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'll do as I please. But I won't play XIV any more.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

FFXIV is fine as a leveling experience and the story is pretty good for an MMO (and Shadowbringers is legit good) but I hate the level cap content and it's not engaging on a mechanical level either. The way the "hard" fights are designed is based completely on rote memorization of specific patterns and it's a really boring way to make a fight difficult. They also have been making enrage timers leaner while making movement and mechanics more dense, so it doesn't actually matter as much how you play your job so long as you know to move from A to B to C at the right time and at least half your group stays alive.

Love the fishing, though.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

13-2 is the best game in the series. Cope.

I really liked this game and thought the Chrono Trigger style time travel stuff was cool and was wondering why more people don't talk about it but I guess it's cause "durrr 13 is bad" bullcrap.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You can use Stray Cat rage on Gau the entire game and he'll be strong. Stray Cat is even available when you first recruit him.

I usually use Terra and Celes at the bare minimum since they can equip Minerva so it's easy for them to get to 128 Mblock, becoming nigh invincible.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

octopath looks like a SNES game but all crisp and shiny don't @ me

@Hodgepodge. How about no!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

drat if I could play Intergrade on PC that would solve everything...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Martman posted:

Man I'm in way too deep on this game, I'm scared to check my total hours played.

I've been playing since 2013 and the number still shocked me. And no I will not publicly divulge it. But it's very high.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mbt posted:

Mmos should have ness's dad calling you every few hours to take a break

FFXI had a disclaimer when logging in asking you to please not forget to go to school/work.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Finally started the Yuffie episode and playing as Yuffie is sick. Definitely looking forward to part 2 even more now. Kind of hoping they update some of the existing characters playstyles a bit in part 2 to make them more fun, Barrett and Aerith are okay but they could use a little something extra. Cloud and Tifa are fine the way they are now, though.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I remember reading that getting all Rages is impossible anyway because certain rages exist but the monsters don't appear on the Veldt so you can't learn them.

There is a Rage that Gau can learn late in the game that lets him Charm any enemy in the game including the final boss.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It unlocks your sense of pride in a job well done.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I actually don’t think the Chocobo mini game is that bad but I will never in my life do lightning dodging or blitzball to get those weapons

In high school I did 200 lightning dodges and one attempt I got hit at 190 something and had a calm gamer freak out moment at 11:30 PM.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I started the FF6 pixel remaster. Haven't played this game in over a decade and things are hitting me harder than I remember. Edgar almost got blown up by magitek lasers in the armor fight. I'm also assuming the evasion bug is no more in this version, I've only ever played the original on SNES.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Why does everyone in Doma castle take a drink of water at exactly the same time.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Time for our daily mandated water break. poo poo's purple but whatever. Down the hatch!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pixel Remaster opera house was awesome. Celes is so talented.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Just had FF6 softlock on me when I finished a battle halfway through the Cave to the Sealed Gate. I hope this doesn't become a common occurence.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

did you try to sketch one of the invisible things

I don't even have Relm yet. I killed the last enemy in a group with Edgar's drill and it softlocked as it was playing the death animation. I got through the cave without it happening again but it was weird.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got the tude now posted:

The most surprising thing about ff7 is how small the dungeons are, most are like 3 screens with 2-3 items per. I remember them from when I was a kid being a lot more terrifying. Elden rings got me wanting more Big Dungeons in stuff

Yeah I'm playing FF6 pixel remaster and some of the dungeons are way smaller than I remember them being.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the FF pixel remasters got things like the font and all fixed pretty quickly so I'm assuming there'll be a sprite replacement mod day of release

They also keep releasing "balance updates", FF6 just got an update early this month. It's bizarre. Especially FF6 which is already extremely easy.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bump with the new Theatrhythm track list

https://novacrystallis.com/2022/12/theatrhythm-final-bar-line-song-list-revealed/

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line demo goes up on eshop tomorrow, but it's currently already up on JP eshop so you can get it now if you have a JP profile. The full version is my most anticipated game right now.

Demo has 30 songs with a character level cap of 30, the demo save will be transferrable to the full game so you get to keep everything you unlock in the demo + your scores.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

After trying to play Fight On! on Supreme and then watching it on auto mode, I think I'll stick to Ultimate.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kongming posted:

After trying to play Fight On! on Supreme and then watching it on auto mode, I think I'll stick to Ultimate.

Update: I've cleared most of the Supreme difficulty tracks that are in the demo and I also already got the achievement for playing 100 music stages lol.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mfers always like "this was a mind blowing scene in ff14" or "this is the greatest FF character of all time #shadowbringers" and it's a cartoon dog or tiny expressionless blonde man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBJn67Rj9O4

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The villain of Shadowbringers does consistently win "favorite FF character of all time" polls in Japan since Shadowbringers came out. Not favorite villain, favorite overall character. Happy for Yoshi-P's success.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

He's right, though.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Gas 'em up with the greens and let him go
Stand back, stand clear as he puts on a show
So cute yet fierce, is he from hell?
I cannot tell, yet I don't even want to know
So you wanna be a trailblazer?
Kickin' dirt like a hell raiser?
Take the reins, but don't react slow
It's time to feel the force of the chocobo

So you think you can ride this chocobo?
Got Chocobucks? You better put them on this chocobo!
Saddle up, if you think you can ride in this rodeo
Are we in hell? I don't know... to the dirt, let's roll!

You're loco if you think you're gonna hide this chocobo
Everybody's gonna wanna ride your chocobo
It's choco-loco style in a choco-rodeo
Gonna ride him straight through hell in this chocobo rodeo!
Yeah, let's ride!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I played through all of 6 Remaster and am currently like halfway through 5. The only complaint I have is that they push "balance updates" which is just insane to me. These games are loving easy anyway so I don't really get the need to add +1 Speed to Quetzalli esper or whatever. I don't even notice the font. The remastered music is good.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Who gives a poo poo.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I can't wait, it looks sick. The only thing missing from the trailer is Cid.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

P-Mack posted:

I simply completed the easy game without grinding anything

You just gotta do it to kill the boss in 2 spells instead of 3.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no it doesnt . die

Skill issue, I'm afraid.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

My winning move was to bring along guard dogs and just sacrifice a facility cycle to drop a dog close enough to chip down one tower. And then in OT I just spammed dogs + another cheap unit to cycle my deck in a damage race and won with like 8 seconds left.

Wormskull posted:

Tornado can work really well against like, hog riders, miners, or... other goblin barrels being thrown at your tower. But the inferno tower is what I gotta rely on... to BURN through the golems, BURN up the lava hounds, shoot down those big old pekkas, mega knights -- those guys have been all over the map recently! And even though zap is really good at resetting the inferno... I'm not really confident in the tesla yet. It's just not big enough! You know that little two by two building -- it sometimes doesn't pull the troops the way that I want it to. It feels a little awkward. Tornado... onto the king tower is not really gonna work out for a pekka and... I dunno. That's just my feeling, chat. I like the inferno tower.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Well, this card game storyline suddenly took a turn.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

The stop aura counter that Aerith gets is fuckin awesome

All of Aerith's new skills are really good and fun to use. She was easily the most boring character to play as in Remake so I'm glad they made these changes.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Wish I could deepen my relationship with Toby...

This was what I thought of while at the Crow's Nest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Rh3PbnAdw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

questing outside junon and got enough materia & bangles to specialize my teammates

Cloud: item guy
Red XIII: block and parry guy
Aerith: magician
Barret: heals & buffs
Tifa: ATB battery & speed demon

thoughts? You like? The protorelic story here is wild and now I'm hype to see the rest of them bc they could just be friggin anything.

I tend to keep a healing materia on everyone and then make sure I have all the elements covered across my current team rather than doing roles. The ATB skills that let you use an elemental attack for free are nice but only for quick encounters since they don't build bars for synergy abilities. I also quite like the Item Economizer materia or whatever it's called that lets you use an item for no ATB cost.

Red XIII now has an ability that hastes the entire party which is pretty awesome so I'm keeping him around more. I might be crazy but I feel like casting Haste costs more MP than in Remake and it's harder to keep up, but it is a pretty busted buff.