Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dunno how I feel about stagger not resetting on boss phase changes any more. It was pretty stupid that in Remake you'd generally trigger a phase change the moment the stagger bar is about to fill unless you focused on pressuring it, but in Rebirth I think bosses just loving explode once they're staggered. Gives me FFXVI vibes and makes some bosses feel anticlimactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

I think the only thing I don't like so far is how much Chadley and Mai talk. God especially the enemy intrl narrations from Mai when it's just 100% noise since im trying to learn the new fight.

Talking to Chadley when I'm locked out of doing world intel due to plot reasons and then he complains that I'm not doing world intel. Little loving prick.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm going to kill whoever designed the Combat Simulator challenge "Head Case". The Enemy Skill you get from it is worth it I guess...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Mini-game tier list now that I'm most of the way through the game. There's so many that I might forget some. Sidequest stuff that doesn't have a scoreboard or a countdown timer don't count, otherwise luring chickens would be F tier. Tier list is not ordered. Run Wild might be C tier.

S: Piano, Queen's Blood
A: Chocobo Racing
B: Fort Condor, Dolphin Riding, Pirate's Rampage, Run Wild
C: Gears and Gambits (or is it Gambits and Gears? well, whatever), Frog Guys, that Brawler game in the saucer, Motorcycle, Chocobo Gliding, Crunches
D: That Speed Square star fox game, Whack-a-Box, the Cactuar version of Whack-a-Box, Chocobo Wrangling
F: Moogles

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Is the Brawler game like a Bouncer game. After they wrap up the remake trilogy they need to put this team and effort into a Bounce reboot.

Nah it's more like Punch Out, but like most mini games it's a super stripped down version of it.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm dying a lot on hard mode. Game over'd on Mythril Golem twice...I don't recall ever wiping in Remake hard mode.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Slowly making progress on my Hard mode playthrough and just cleared Chapter 5. Did you know the boss in that chapter has an unblockable laser attack that targets all three party members at once and the AI controlled party members can't dodge it. And it does like 8000 damage on hard. So you're guaranteed two KO'd party members every time it decides to do it. I beat it on my first try anyway but it made me sweat a little.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

one day I'll do Rebirth's hard mode but I abused the hell out of mist giga-potions at the end. I'll have to actually make a setup. do you get more magnify materia in ng+

I still only have two.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

everything in chapter 12 was amazeballs.

The Corneo Rap got me good. Also willing to say that people who hate the Loveless section have no soul.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah most of the intel stuff feels much more unique and "designed" than the usual Ubisoft open world poo poo which makes me way more interested in doing it

I was getting weary of it by the end of the third region but then I got my second wind after Gongaga so whatever. It's stuff to do. Battle Intel could have used more varied objectives as 90% of them are the same (Pressure an enemy, stagger an enemy, defeat the enemies within the time limit). The protorelic stuff was the best part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hizke posted:

Mai wants me to mating press another bird for her amusement. Very well. Who am I to deny her this.