Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Red Warrior posted:

More interested right now if there'll be any info on 7.1, Pixel Launcher, Google Assistant etc. for previous Nexuseses. And if Google Home might be any good as an Echo/Alexa competitor.

Edit: Release date 20th October?
https://twitter.com/AndroidPolice/status/783321129188335617

How many Canadian Tire dollars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Calling it, google home will double as a google wifi mesh AP

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Just tell us what products we can buy. Nobody cares about this poo poo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Thermopyle posted:

I do. Deep learning is much more interesting then whatever doodad you can buy this month.

Jerk McJerkface has spoken

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Here is the guy chosen to run our new google hardware department. You will see him again in 6 months when we shutdown the google hardware department.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

God creates man

Man creates google

Google creates AI

AI destroys man

Google+ inherits the earth

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Ohh hey, a new iphone!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

"designed" by google

ie: reused htc parts

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

:smithcloud:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Our new phone plays video!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

orange sky posted:

Didn't Google Now do poo poo like this already? I already spoke to Google Now.

This looks awkward.

Pretty sure android 2.2 did this poo poo

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

"we've tested"

We have only tested the nexus 6 and 6p

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Google home actually requires you to wear that face mic

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Merv Burger posted:

Dude keeps on triggering voice search on my phone when doing these examples.

Xbox off

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

They literally announced that they partnered with themselves.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Its really too bad ethernet over hdmi never got implemented in anything but cables.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Even then they aren't designed to power something. it may work, but it's not supposed to.

Thats not true, a number of them even advertise the power rating on the port specifically for this reason.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

air- posted:

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_phone

What the hell, $18.99 and it isn't 2 day? :argh:

atleast 3 people in this thread have already bought and sold one

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Already ordered the new pixel 8 tablet

Kirios posted:

Again, I'm a network engineer, I'm painfully aware of how to make things work or how to extend things. It's why during the winter months in Portland I'm running CAT-6 everywhere. I hate inconsistency with my network connections, it pisses me off in a very irrational way.

Having your whole house wired is wonderful. I did it before we moved into the house we purchased.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Kirios posted:

ugh, super jealous. I can't wait to start that project. I've already got the rack installed in the coat closet with a patch panel just waiting. :getin:

Nice, what rack did you get? Im using a small 12" deep one off amazon. I think it was monoprice

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Kirios posted:

48 port Leviton full length. My rack is 42U because I'm running *everything* to that thing. Audio, video, network, storage, all centralized and managed.

Edit: https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Tripp-Lite-42U-Rack-Enclosure-Server-Cabinet-Premium-EXCLUSIVE-PRICE/858765.aspx

I believe this is my rack. Got it for free after decomming a bunch of stuff at work and we no longer had a use for it.

Ballin. Already got a switch? I got a 48 port hp and a 24 port netgear poe i think sitting in the garage.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Kirios posted:

Is the 48 poe? I've got a 48 but it isn't poe...

I may be interested in the 24. Is it full length? Do you have ears for it?

Edit: 10/100/1000 for both I assume?

Let me check when I get home. ill pm you. The 24 port is full length. It may only be 10/100 though. Ill PM you tonight.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

torturemyballs posted:

Did anyone see if the Google WiFi router will work with a regular router? My modem has a WiFi router built in but I'd like to extend the range to be more reliable in my bedroom, plus I'm a dumb idiot bitch for Google stuff.

I would expect it to, in fact most every router can be if you turn off the dhcp server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

FunOne posted:

I wonder if the symmetrical bezels and their size have something to do with daydream and the VR headset.

Might make sense to make it easier to position the screen properly. I also wonder about the thermal design since there are quotes that the 6P lacks the proper thermal capabilities to support daydream.

It has to do with HTC reusing poo poo.

• Locked thread