Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear sounds fun (it's Isikai but its about a girl who basically becomes a Kirito level force of nature whenever she wears a silly bear onesie) but I know better so has anyone else read it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Avulsion posted:

The Devil is a Part-Timer, also available in manga and anime formats. A deposed demon lord finds himself powerless and stranded in modern day japan. Plans to take over the world by working his way up the corporate ladder at McDonalds.

Also has James from Team Rocket in there too. He's a jackass.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nielsm posted:

Maybe this will become a thing?

https://j-novel.club/

I get the impression that one about Moe ruining everything (My little sister can read Kanji) is going to try to have it's cake and eat it on the matter.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
J-novel club have picked up Grimgar which could stand as their killer app for the service.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 30, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

I have entered the horrifying world of buying LNs to scan and translate.

And all I have to say is jesus gently caress this takes forever.

Oh? Which one?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Picked up Kizumonogatri on Audible largely as an experiment and I just returned it.

Jesus H Christ, if brevity is wit then NisioIsin's a freaking retard.

Going on a two page diatribe about seeing a girl's panties is not made OK by the discussion of the fact that you went on a two page diatribe about a girl's panties. I thought Medaka Box was a freak accident brought on by NisioIsin coming up against the Jump staff but no, apprenly he's that crap a writer when left to his own devices.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

golden bubble posted:

Since it appears non-anime time travel is now a part of this thread, Doomsday Book by Connie Willis isn't bad.

As for actual light novels, well

Of course the author of Watamote would have such an opinion.

The author of Watamote needs their head examined.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zandracon posted:

wow, rokujouma got picked up by jnovel. the fan translator who did the previous 22 volumes is working on it, and they're releasing a re-edited version of the past 22 volumes for free

wonder how the hell they managed that deal

In what way? Wasn't the Haruhi English release a punch-up of the old fan translation?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
99.9% of Re:Zero could have been avoided under that credo tho.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Getsuya posted:

My favorite case of an author trying to make a sociopath MC endearing was Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear where the main character has all sorts of ‘wtf is empathy? wtf are emotions?’ moments that the reader is just supposed to take in stride.

But I mean that was written a chapter a day and is more stream of consciousness than novel.

poo poo. I was hoping that Was just going to be SAO but its funny because Not-kitiro is in a bear onsie.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Keyword: Hoping. Which I accept is a very dumb thing to do with this genre of fiction.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fallorn posted:

It could be worse just imagine if it was genderblender instead of bender

So a story about a hermaphrodite?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

The character who dies in the animated adaptation wasn't that unexpected, but recently in the LNs the character who the protagonist apparently knew from his time on Earth died, which was genuinely unexpected, since she felt like a plot device waiting to be used.
So does the plot go anywhere or is it too fascinated in pulling the off the spider legs of Isakai to care for such things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If nothing else, points for doing something interesting with the standard-substandard "This is how I Yusuke Urameshi'd myself here" bit that Isikai have to do by law.