Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012
So I finished reading The girl who ate death but the epilogue is no longer online since distractedtranslation shut down their site. If no one else know a place i can find it could someone just spoil me on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012

Avulsion posted:

That sucks, I don't know where else it might be but she saves the world with potatoes.

edit: Found an epub with the missing parts of chapter 34, but I'm still looking for the epilogue. http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0yavk12zded9hp/The+Girl+Who+Ate+Death.epub

edit 2: Found another missing chapter (but not the last) password is "stnarofedamtnuocca" https://qianweijia.wordpress.com/qwerty/

edit 3: Since I can't find the epilogue, here's what I remember: After the rebels overthrow the kingdom, Schera kills Diener, the rebel spymaster. The new queen can't run things without him, and her dynasty falls apart. The new rebel controlled kingdom slowly turns to poo poo. Decades later they become enemies with the Star Church, which launches a crusade to overthrow the new kingdom. Schera shows up leading the Star Church army, kills everyone left on her poo poo list (and their decendents) then retires from the army to grow potatoes. Eventually she comes up with a disease resistant breed of potatoes that can grow anywhere and don't taste like poo poo, preventing famines, civil unrest, and many wars. In the end she goes back to being a farmer and probably manages to save more people than she ever killed.

Thank you, this is great. I thought the epilogue was just the missing parts of chapter 34 but I didn't realise there was actually a bit more, thanks again.

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012
They changed a lot of the names for Harry Potter here in norway as well. I forgot most of them but for example Dumbledore becme Humlesnurr, which doesn't mean anything in particular, but is the same whimsical nonsense that is appropriate for the character. I think the fact that it's an all ages book series has a lot to do with it since some of the names are hard to pronounce in norwegian. Like they changed Hermoine to Hermine. We barely ever change or dub stuff unless it's for kids these days because we have become pretty comfortable with english in general I think. When I went through my parents old comic books everything got translated, even where it was unneeded. Batman ended up as Lynvingen (Lightning Wing.) . Now it's just left as Batman.

E. Oh right, Snape ended up as Slur. Pretty much a pronounciation thing all around.

Tiriganiaq fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 31, 2017

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012

Lyon posted:

So with Ze Tian Ji/Way of Choices ending I'm in need of some new titles to check out. I tend to have poor taste in the web novels I read and seem to have ended up in the "overpowered/all knowing" series of titles. I'm currently reading:
  • Sovereign of the Three Realms
  • Emperor's Domination
  • Overgeared

Previously I've enjoyed ISSTH and ZTJ, I read Coiling Dragon and it was okay. I tried a couple of other titles from the Coiling Dragon guy but couldn't get into them. I failed to complete Tales of Demons and Gods (mostly because of release schedule and the jump in scope of the story which I found aggravating) and also World of Cultivation (which I heard ended poorly anyway).

Check out ztj’s authors other series. Path towards heaven is slow to get going but the writing is up there with ztj. I’m also reading nightfall wich is much rougher but still pretty good.

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012
Yeah. It is very slow to get started and I didn´t find the cultivation sect conspiracy setup to be as interesting as the political intrigue of woc. That said it is still as well written, I found pretty much all the characters to be lakable and interesting the worldbuilding is well done and it has some interesting thoughts on cultivation novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012

Description:
(en-US)
"Comprehension" is "Stronger" than a Sword!
There is no magic without any weapons! But! This is the story of a man who wishes to live safely!

"So, I've come to a different world." ---
That man stood alone in a mountain full of plants and creatures that he never knew nor saw before. He goes down the mountain by avoiding encounters with a big slime (and bandits), and is caught as a suspicious person in the castle he reaches. In interrogation the female knight Ilius met at the imprisoned place, when talking about the bandits seen in the mountain, Irias, who was stuck in the search for said bandits, hurriedly strikes the bandits.
My wish to be a brave man, or to build a harem? "I just want to live in a safe place" - a story that such a man survives the different world with "Understanding" as a weapon!

(en-AU)
So this dude got ripped out of his original world and chucked up into the mountains, he's a bog-standard average gently caress with zero ability beyond the standard logic circuit. Somehow he's a Hero, though he's as weak as a bug. The only thing he gets is the ability to understand language... and he doesn't even start with it. What the gently caress happened to make him like this? I mean he has near zero magic and the only thing he can do is talk... maybe. The Other World Weak gently caress starts his journey! No harems! Just understanding what the gently caress is going on around him!