Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

by contrast, only one person ever emitted argon gas, and it hasn't come up again since then.
I think you're supposed to say "excuse me" when you do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Megazver posted:

you'll probably love azarinth healer, then
even as a recommendation for someone who likes schlock oh god too much

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
dear friends I feel sick and am basically stuck in bed

please let me know of a website that I can read infinite garbage on, ideally with 1) no paywall and 2) infinite scroll once I start some garbage

xianxia and so on etc

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Stexils posted:

unrelated but i hate the litrpg genre. everything that defines it is anathema to interesting storytelling.
b...but number

go up

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...commanded?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

StrixNebulosa posted:

So I started reading this web novel last night and while it was titled "The Book Eating Magician" I was hoping it would involve something metaphorical, well, no. He literally eats the books. He's eating the books and he doesn't own them, he's removing them from the library. I can't read this anymore, I'm just - apparently I get really bothered by the thought of irreplaceable books being destroyed!
Does he gain book powers by eating them or is he just a huge dick?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: Oh and if he doesn't eat enough books in a given day, he'll be destroyed. It's a really lovely power!
wait hang on

he has to spend all day reading just to be able to eat the books to not get destroyed?

or can he just eat some books to like, top himself off even if he doesn't get magic book powers

this is making me about as angry as it should given the genre

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
CHAPTER 18
Giving Counsels, Brewster-Rodriguez Directs A Great Victory; Braving Battlefield, Dubow-Xenos Loses An Eye.

this is absolutely incredible, and also, what the gently caress, Rodriguez

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, for some reason this mmo which is used to teach the pseudo-cultivation techniques to everyone on earth that was given out for free is heavily monetized with in-game purchases.
this is an incredible plot point

things will be the way they are forever, you see

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tunicate posted:

B) wow they censor slaves as 's*aves' now, what a half-assed measure
recommended: s*aves

would post the penny arcade about "what is a stave" but nah

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh man I had no idea CCG was complete, that'll be fun to binge whenever the translation's done

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

nrook posted:

Even the bizarre decision to translate the word after “twice” and “thrice” as “frice” is consistent.
mmm, fried rice

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I can only assume one is very good

(it has two readers, one of which is the author's mother, and is posted on some site you will never find, in a language you can't read)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tunicate posted:

I remember seeing a graduate student wish fulfilment where the protagonist ends up in a wizard university and immediately gets a ton of really good papers published in great magical journals, and the author emphasizes that shorter journals are more prestigious so Magical Theory of Elemental Energy is mediocre but getting published in Magic is impressive, etc
well at least they know how journal names (mostly) work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sindai posted:

in Beyond the Timescape he realized the trick is to make the comic relief character also mysterious and powerful and able to keep up with the protagonist.
there's a serial going over on RoyalRoad called Elder Cultivator that is broadly fine (premise: old guy gets his entire village burned down, decides to try cultivation even if it kills him, he brings the perspective of an actual mortal life of age to a bunch of kids etc) that has kind of a similar dude to this

he created a bunch of Ancient Mysterious Treasure Hoards and like thirty of his own Actual Tombs filled with traps and loot (while still being alive obviously) and then hosed off after stealing from everyone
later a bunch of characters ascend to a higher realm and whenever anyone asks "where are you from" nobody has heard of their home world but when they say "oh we're where this dude's from" they're like "THAT rear end in a top hat?!" cause he did the exact same thing further up the chain
definitely hoping that as the inevitable scope creep continues it will be revealed that he was somehow stealing from every new set of fuckers introduced

also Elder Cultivator is surprisingly good, I definitely got invested in some of the characters and they were not the ones I expected to like the most, so I guess this is a lukewarm recommendation