Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

With respect to FoD, how much of a quality difference is there between the OG story and the version on RR? I understand that the version on RR is supposed to be a bit more polished and I'm interested in reading more but not as much if the version on RR is significantly improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Thirded. Also If you enjoy villians and are willing to invest some time. Reverend Insanity is a fairly well done tale in my opinion.

Does Reverend Insanity get better? I stopped around when MC got to a new city after the beginning one and found the character interactions to be relatively flat. MC effortlessly outsmarting everyone and the lack of any tension just made me hate his guts.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Yes, the Tension starts to ratchet up in the arc after the city. And you are not really meant to like the MC, as the story tells you. NOT A NICE GUY.

Well, yeah, but it's more that if there is nothing interesting going on, all that is left for the reader is a hatred for the MC. The story needs other elements to make me want to read about someone horrible.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

Early parts of Er Gen novels generally humor me a lot but I found that the later the novel goes, the more the story drags on. It feels like I would be best served by reading the first 200 chapters and then just moving on.