Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003
Hey, people who have been putting off World of Cultivation:

I threw together some userscripts to translate the pinyin terms. There's two versions - one that translates on-page, and one that provides translations in tooltips. The tooltip version is better, in my opinion - no subject/verb agreement or word order issues to worry about; plus you'll learn something.

The first chapter has by far the most pinyin words, it's all downhill from there.

These scripts should be good through at chapter 30, and at least useful for the rest. As I recall, the story is basically done introducing new vocabulary at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003

nielsm posted:

Just a thought I had in the shower, but is "reverse isekai" a thing? E.g. a wizard accidentally himself to modern Japan, doesn't remember how, and is now missing most of the reagents and books he needs to do his wizard things.

Harry Potter and the Natural 20 is the closest I've seen in actual webfiction. The Devil is a Part-timer more closely fits your description; it's got official English releases of the lightnovels, manga, and anime. The anime was pretty good, can't speak for the rest.

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003
It's when you dive in front of a truck to save a child.

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003
The way I see it, "sword" is basically an element, but it's weird because it's manmade. A sword is a tool - tools are made for a purpose, and sword cultivators are cultivating that purpose. The regular elements aren't for anything, they don't have purpose. Sword ki inherently has a purpose, thus "intent".

Metal qi can make sharp objects you can use to cut somebody, sword intent cuts on its own.