Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Two Directors Enter, One Film Leaves:

THUNDERCINERAMADOME

:page3:

:krakentoot::can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
more playhouse 90 adaptations

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

a movie called "Rebooting Hollywood" and its about a group of people who are literally rebooting hollywood and they start out making like silent films

and anyway by the end the actual theater burns down around the screen and its all meta and poo poo

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

bring back william castle-esque gimmicks

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
just make a law so that if a movie is rated "rotten" everyone involved with the making of the film is put to death. bam. no more "rotten" films!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
A super authentic cave man movie

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
More Predator films and Aliens movies with Colonial Marines would fix Hollywood. Also annual live action remakes of The Transformers (1986), with higher budgets each year, would be advisable as well.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Turn theaters into literal bordellos with new releases playing in the background; watch people complain about $30 for a ticket + popcorn when it was only $5 back in the 1980s.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Blacklist Shia LaBeouf.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Blackest Shia LaBeouf.
:agreed:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Ban all superhero films, this includes Star Wars because Jedi are pretty much superheroes. Also, execute Stan Lee.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Make all corporate promotion of movies illegal so they can only get popular by word of mouth.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Turn the movie theaters into video game tournament-plexes.

KiteAuraan posted:

Ban all superhero films, this includes Star Wars because Jedi are pretty much superheroes. Also, execute Stan Lee.

If it costs more than X amount of money it's a "spectacle" and not a film.

All the movies coming from the studios should - as a requirement - come in a set variety of stratified budget brackets with different box offices like weight classes in boxing or wrestling.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

a movie about that sports hero that had a super hosed up personal life and he cheated in the sports game as a result and one small mistake brought his entire life to a screeching halt

you know the one im talking about

i think his name was 'warmachine' or 'hernandez'

little fuzzy on the deets

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I do alpha-male poo poo.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
I would go back to silent movies. gently caress this talkie poo poo.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Stop only making movies that are part of some comic book universe. Stop making movies for China.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I thought that the only solution is to hide until the whole "Cinematic Universe" crap has squeezed every single nerd and China dollar dry, and collapsed into itself because of the ever increasing budgets...

...and then loving Suicide Squad and BvS are still making money. Never underestimate how little comic book fans care about how lovely the product is. So no solution is viable until the customer base stops being poo poo, I guess?

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The only thing that can fix Hollywood is consumers with taste and standards.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Break up the tiny incestuous group that owns and controls almost all media in America

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Less focus groups, testing and consultants. Less doing everything they can to try to ensure stakeholders that they will see a safe return on their investment. It doesn't work anyway. Movies still fail, they are just more boring about it. I want more coked up creatives making crazy decisions that sometimes work out great and sometimes don't.

Also stop pandering to me. I suck and resent seeing my lame wish-fulfilment desires cynically reflected back at me.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Blacklist Shia LaBeouf.
Also kill Seth Rogan and probably a bunch of his lovely Apatow film buddies.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just actually rename the city of Hollywood to New Hollywood. :airquote: problem solved

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Buwn it down... Down to da gwound..

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Jews can claim Hollywood's success as their own, but it's the Armenians who make anything worthwhile

naem
May 29, 2011

"Megan fox and Angelina Jolie and I have a real life actual threesome and they film it the movie" wait I already said thAt

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

naem posted:

"Megan fox and Angelina Jolie and I have a real life actual threesome and they film it the movie" wait I already said thAt

you know angelina chopped her tits off right

switch her out with j-law and i'm in

naem
May 29, 2011

a retard posted:

you know angelina chopped her tits off right

switch her out with j-law and i'm in

Just add in jlaw Angie can stay

OH and Jessica chastain and Ron Howard's daughter what's her name both redheads.

Make it a trilogy

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Make Tommy Wiseau the King of Hollywood

At least let him host the Oscars

Simian_Prime fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 6, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Blank Check 2

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lilljonas posted:

I thought that the only solution is to hide until the whole "Cinematic Universe" crap has squeezed every single nerd and China dollar dry, and collapsed into itself because of the ever increasing budgets...

...and then loving Suicide Squad and BvS are still making money. Never underestimate how little comic book fans care about how lovely the product is. So no solution is viable until the customer base stops being poo poo, I guess?

comic fans can't even keep the tiny comics industry afloat. internet nerds are a vocal minority who have little to no effect on the success of movies about nerd poo poo.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a return to 80's-style synth heavy soundtracks imho

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
HOW ABOUT A FEDERAL FUND FOR THE ARTS LIKE IN GERMANY :godwinning:

Alternatively bring smoking (420+), drinking, and loving back into the theaters like its the 70's.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Simian_Prime posted:

Make Tommy Wiseau the King of Hollywood

At least let him host the Oscars

*Steven Spielberg is given a lifetime achievement award *

What a story Steven!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aspiring directors should band together to hunt and kill spielberg so they can eat his heart and gain his powers

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Moon Atari posted:

Less focus groups, testing and consultants. Less doing everything they can to try to ensure stakeholders that they will see a safe return on their investment. It doesn't work anyway. Movies still fail, they are just more boring about it. I want more coked up creatives making crazy decisions that sometimes work out great and sometimes don't.

Also stop pandering to me. I suck and resent seeing my lame wish-fulfilment desires cynically reflected back at me.

There is a big difference between wanting your family to eat and making something that creates something spectacular. Here is the horrible secret about movies that don't suck:

They have already been made, and most people didn't watch them.

I consider myself one of the people who didn't watch these wonderful masterpieces of film. Because there are so many of them, and time counts - and it keeps counting. And on your death bed, your immovable and vitriolic eyeballs will lose their luster.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
seriously wahts's with all the pandering to chinese audiences about?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Destroy Hollywood, replace it with Rolliewood.

Where all films feature Rollie Fingers in some way.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

seriously wahts's with all the pandering to chinese audiences about?

about a billion or so reasons to pander, friend

• Locked thread