Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Remember early on when the rewards for winning used to be really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Really want someone to snap and say what they actually think of this poo poo.

Shame they'd never show it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope the board room explodes. gently caress sralen and karen too. Knob heads

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
In early series the prizes were holidays and stuff.

You know it's bad when the grotty caff of despair makes the prize look like poo poo.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
lol at Sugar saying someone taking an interest in one of their items and saying it was nice was maybe too good to be true. That's literally how it works, you show someone something and they like it so they buy it. Good grief

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Paperhouse posted:

lol at Sugar saying someone taking an interest in one of their items and saying it was nice was maybe too good to be true. That's literally how it works, you show someone something and they like it so they buy it. Good grief

Nah only sell to people who don't want your stuff. And before you start selling ask them if they have any money.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Nah only sell to people who don't want your stuff. And before you start selling ask them if they have any money.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

crispix posted:

In early series the prizes were holidays and stuff.

You know it's bad when the grotty caff of despair makes the prize look like poo poo.

That caf has had a facelift, it looks flash compared to the old one

Project Manager should get the boot here, it didn't look managed at all. Just a load of idiots doing whatever they wanted

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Nah working out if the person you're pitching to is allowed to buy them is a legit thing and the first thing almost any sales person will establish if it can't be assumed.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Fire them all.

Scant Consolation
Sep 4, 2006
Good Egg
Pretty desperate stuff from Rebecca

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Rebecca is about crying already

Michelle to go, maybe Rebecca too.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

StoneOfShame posted:

Fire them all.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This season is going to be hilarious.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

First week is it's usual cacophony of nonsense, but I think these people are all broken people.
It'll be glorious.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm sure we always say this but this honestly looks like it might be the most useless bunch yet

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I hope lord sugar makes them all do sex work.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Remember that time when the girls flirted with the guys at the fish market to get a better price and suralan decided that was cheating and took away some of their money?

Good times.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

HookShot posted:

Remember that time when the girls flirted with the guys at the fish market to get a better price and suralan decided that was cheating and took away some of their money?

Good times.

lol if you've never been conned into buying something by a flirty lady

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

I am a lady and this has happened to me.

I just thought it was hilarious that with all the intrinsic advantages men have over women in business that the one time women used the ONE thing they have that men don't (boobies) Sugar was like "NOPE THATS CHEATING". Because this show just wasn't sexist enough without the host getting in on that.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

HookShot posted:

I am a lady and this has happened to me.

I just thought it was hilarious that with all the intrinsic advantages men have over women in business that the one time women used the ONE thing they have that men don't (boobies) Sugar was like "NOPE THATS CHEATING". Because this show just wasn't sexist enough without the host getting in on that.

Yes because demonstrating the way women get ahead in business is to show cleavage is the progressive alternative vision the show was too sexist to explore.
Please drop this stupid line of reasoning.

e: no one said it was 'cheating' they were ruled against for behaviour not suitable for a business employee, something contestants of both genders have been smacked with before.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 7, 2016

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Most useless bunch of muppets yet.

Should be a good series.

rckgrdn
Apr 26, 2002

So that's how it's made...
I worked with Karthik about 6 or 7 years ago, not that closely, but I can guarantee no one at any point called him Big K. Many other things, maybe, but never any variation of K.

He was a mediocre computer server janitor, and joined us one time on a company-organised trip up Mt Snowdon. He kept badgering me to take photos of him in increasingly bizarre poses, a particular favourite being this number:

I hope he goes out soon. I can't watch much more of this nonsense.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
That guy needs to sort his eyebrows out.

Did anyone ever make a 'Special K' joke?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

thestoreroom posted:

I worked with Karthik about 6 or 7 years ago, not that closely, but I can guarantee no one at any point called him Big K. Many other things, maybe, but never any variation of K.

HA, as I was watching him go on about that I couldn't help but think of Arnold 'Ace' Rimmer. Glad my hunch was correct.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Paperhouse posted:

A couple of attractive flirty ladies tricked me into letting them into my flat and changing my electricity supplier once. When I realised what happened afterwards I called up to cancel. I assume they got the finder's fee anyway, so everyone wins (?).

Also when I got broken into at the same flat the two policewomen that came around were also strangely flirty and attractive. Maybe I was being gang-stalked by pretty women??!

Edit: also enjoying the show so far. Not hatewatching yet!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Finally.

I'm just 10 minutes in, but we already have having watched a bit of Bargain Hunt as a qualification. Looks like the casting department's done a good job this year.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

(on selling a chair) "I've actually got a sofa myself..."

Never change, Apprentice candidates.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I do sometimes wonder to what extent appearing on this television programme harms contestants' careers afterwards.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
The man who couldn't actually make the payment and them being shouted at for it was for sure the most annoying bit of the show.
Why was he talking to them about buying it if he isn't allowed to actually do it? Totally stupid.

The lady who keeps trying to be funny is quite annoying so far, I hope she's the "star" of one of the episodes so we can get to know her better.

And there's at least three people in that OP who I don't remember seeing whatsoever.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I don't remember anyone from last week. :flaccid:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I do, there was a guy with a monobrow! And uh...

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Tonight on The Apprentice: Advertising Jeans.

Can't wait to see them hover over the shoulder of some poor designer.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Okay so I'll cross "SEX SELLS!!!" on bingo card in advance.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

I don't remember anyone from last week. :flaccid:

The one with the haircut that aged her by about 10 years but I think she got fired.

Oh and Bernard St Hubbins or whatever his name was

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

How do you forget WHOOPS NEARLY DROPPED IT or are you blacking that part out?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Last week was kind of boring, but the advertising tasks are almost always good, especially with top shelf morons like these

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Nettle Soup posted:

I do, there was a guy with a monobrow! And uh...

Don't forget Tim Nice but Dim

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the ad challenge is always good for a giggle. Aren't they normally a bit later on in the series when theybare a bit more frazzled and prone to making terrible decisions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
who loving compliments themselves in a mirror?

• Locked thread