Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
*draws a hissing breath between diseased, rotting teeth*

Anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

As someone who only recently got into Guilty Gear is Blaz Blue that similar to it? I want to know whether I should be interested in getting the new game.

I mean i'm still really terrible at Revelator and maybe I should put more effort into getting halfway decent at it before buying another fighting game, but i've had a lot of fun with it and if BB is just as good maybe i'll try it out as well.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Guilty Gear is Heavy Metal with anime slapped on.

Blazblue is anime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

Guilty Gear is Heavy Metal with anime slapped on.

Blazblue is anime.

Alright sounds like it's got a good foundation. Anything else?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I personally do not like BB.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
I want to learn Amane in BBCF but I don't know where to start. Dustloop sucks and has nothing useful. Please help me.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

may contain peanuts posted:

I want to learn Amane in BBCF but I don't know where to start. Dustloop sucks and has nothing useful. Please help me.

I'd try the character's discord channel (https://discord.gg/0ucmacCcYqz9OH0E) to see if anyone's posting there, the discords are way more active than the actual Dustloop forums it seems.

As for learning the character's gameplan I can't really help since I don't play him, but I'd look up some good players like Eshi and Sendatu. There's not a ton of footage for the character since he's pretty unpopular unfortunately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like BlazBlue.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
I love UNIEL but it's hard

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
blazeblue was a placeholder fg series created when arcsys temporarily didnt have the rights to guilty gear. it started off as derivative trash but it has actually innovated its very own terrible mechanics and engine quirks over the years. supposedly the newest game is a lot better but if you've been around long enough you'll remember that blazeblue people say this every iteration to try and attract people to their dying scene.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Whether you like BB or not, it's without a doubt it's own thing now rather than its humble origins as "worse guilty gear"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blazblue gave us the best combo of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2w9pTCOgqc

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

azrael is the hero we deserve

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Were the Revelator servers down yesterday or am I having some weirdness with a new download?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, the servers were down for maintenance across the board.

Anywho, UNIEL is now in the OP, and we've got some thread rules. Try not to be a dick about who's playing what. Neutral territory, talk about what you like.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/hir0yuk1/status/782261531836907521

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is the only correct way to play dorothy

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gonococcus/status/783548556468690944

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
The TO for AH3 was so distracted by this that I had to wait over an hour between my first and second match

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The TO for AH3 was so distracted by this that I had to wait over an hour between my first and second match
lol, did he seriously think the piano was giving him an unfair advantage or what

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm posting this crappy thing i made again, forgive me. two panels combined, reference: http://img.bato.to/comics/2012/08/0...6/img000006.png

Only registered members can see post attachments!

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

blazblue gave us the best combo of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2w9pTCOgqc

lmfao

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
BB is really good and has been really good for quite a few versions now.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I played locals with Gono for most of the spring/summer, and the closest thing I ever got to an answer from him about the keyboard was "It started as a joke, and then one day it wasn't a joke anymore."

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
looks like an SFV hurtbox

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Keep away

Like keep away from him

also he is a keep away character who had pretty huge dead zones with poor reversal options, poor ground based movement options and a handful of exquisitely lovely match ups, had holes in his oki and kept getting changes that weren't quite benefiting him.

Like the literal summary of his character on Dustloop during CPE at least was more or less "everything you do is a risk/reward where the risks outweigh the rewards"

Apparently CF changed that but I've yet to see it in action against his problem characters, (everyone who can rush in and has good oki, some of whom got hilariously lol additions like Jins snowflake. I mean he already had 3 dps and 2 speeds of fireball, decent damage so he never quite was a friend)

Or the new ones who just look grossly fun.

I mainly play him because I can't get my brain to work puppets (especially not carl).

His new normals and fireball REALLY made some sort of fantastic difference or so I've heard so you may have to just watch some BB to get a general idea of his gameplan than wait out and see what gets developed for CF.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 7, 2016

greats
Sep 29, 2016
hi i like koihime enbu, it's an anime game without airdashes :)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't know him myself but this clip might be at least a little bit useful, and so should the hashtag.

https://twitter.com/EshiATL/status/783414785895493633

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

greats posted:

hi i like koihime enbu, it's an anime game without airdashes :)

You don't happen to know how much they changed between the original release and the newer PS4 version do you?

It's a pretty fun game, but in the original release at least the input buff was like .... at least 30 frames long or something like that. One of those cases where you can buffer something like 2B 236B and get CH out of your 2B, then the 236B still comes out after you recover from hitstun :downs:

greats
Sep 29, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You don't happen to know how much they changed between the original release and the newer PS4 version do you?

It's a pretty fun game, but in the original release at least the input buff was like .... at least 30 frames long or something like that. One of those cases where you can buffer something like 2B 236B and get CH out of your 2B, then the 236B still comes out after you recover from hitstun :downs:

I didn't play the original but I've also heard that about the original. The buffer is still on the large side, but nothing near as large as it once was, it shouldn't be an issue very often anymore.

For fatal combos, there's now hit based proration that reduced the amount of "small ground bounce" time to keep some of the more silly loops out of the game.

This is all I'm aware of. As it is, Enbu is also incredibly balanced with nearly all, if not all characters performing well in tournaments. There's also an update planned, but I don't know much about it other than that there will be a new tactician.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That sounds pretty good then, the buffer was by far my biggest complaint with the game before.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I don't know him myself but this clip might be at least a little bit useful, and so should the hashtag.

https://twitter.com/EshiATL/status/783414785895493633

I'd still say also go after discord and dustloop.
As far as that particular set-up, am I mistaken or can the neutral techs not be cancelled into dps?

I'm curious to see what all the hub bub is about

I hate how segemented anime fighter information is. it's the most disjointed annoying thing and discord didn't make it better.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 7, 2016

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I know it's common knowledge here that Samurai Shodown V Special is the best samsho, but I see a lot more support both online and in arcade for Samurai Shodown 2. Why is this? Is it because there are less obscure system mechanics?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Xrd Sign players won't find this thread. Please add Xrd to title.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How do you pronounce Xrd? Zerd? Eckserd?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kirby Superscare! posted:

Exirrrd

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirby Superscare! posted:

Anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Iguzaado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Must Die is the sequel to Black Onslaught I've been waiting for forever.

Also BBCF's HK version is fully translated if you want to know how the story ends.

• Locked thread