Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
med school head
Apr 17, 2012

you the man op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
if you really want something that tastes like metallic dirt, Starbucks instant packets are amazingly bad. Your tongue will not believe this is an edible product, but your brain will remind you that it is also expensive. 5 stars. Upvote if this review was helpful, thank you!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

NeurofiBROma posted:

I'm a fan of Turkish coffee but when I make it I always end up with coffee and grounds all over the stove

hey grandpa tell me again about that one time when the communists stole your hard earned dentures

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Well, this coffee sucks, but there's enough caramel syrup in here to cover that up." - a Starbucks customer

oh do you even macchiato, my brachiato?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Dr Cox MD posted:

You get better coffee, faster and cheaper at home. You can brew at home in no time, compared to having to go out of your way and wait in line. If you're really in a pinch for time in the morning, you can cold brew.

The math is crazy. Your fancy Starbucks can be around $5, Nespresso/Kcup comes in at $0.60 each, and coffee made-at-home costs $0.06/cup (I get my coffee in bulk at Costco). This may sound silly, but a Starbucks-a-day is over $1,800/yr, a Kcup each day is $220/yr, and made-at-home comes to under $25/annually. See how this adds up?

The above-mentioned cold brew is killer as you get smooth coffee with minimal effort. If I know I am going to have an early morning, the night before I prepare my french press with cold filtered water and coffee. I'll throw some saran wrap over the top so it doesn't spill out and nothing can get in. The next morning, tear off the wrap, press and pour the coffee.

You'll notice your need for sugar/syrup/milk/cream when cold brewing is far reduced, as this is a much smoother brew. You're also saving on energy costs, as there is no need to heat water.

Always brew a full pot and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days, or pour into ice cube trays, freeze until solid, then transfer to ziplock bags and put 'em back in the freeze. There are so many drinks and cocktails that call for "strong, cold coffee" you will open a whole new world of bevvies.

All the above works for teas, as well!

Wow, good advice, to save alot of money 💰 !! Wow

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

hey grandpa tell me again about that one time when the communists stole your hard earned dentures

get a job, kid

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dr Cox MD posted:

You get better coffee, faster and cheaper at home. You can brew at home in no time, compared to having to go out of your way and wait in line. If you're really in a pinch for time in the morning, you can cold brew.

The math is crazy. Your fancy Starbucks can be around $5, Nespresso/Kcup comes in at $0.60 each, and coffee made-at-home costs $0.06/cup (I get my coffee in bulk at Costco). This may sound silly, but a Starbucks-a-day is over $1,800/yr, a Kcup each day is $220/yr, and made-at-home comes to under $25/annually. See how this adds up?

The above-mentioned cold brew is killer as you get smooth coffee with minimal effort. If I know I am going to have an early morning, the night before I prepare my french press with cold filtered water and coffee. I'll throw some saran wrap over the top so it doesn't spill out and nothing can get in. The next morning, tear off the wrap, press and pour the coffee.

You'll notice your need for sugar/syrup/milk/cream when cold brewing is far reduced, as this is a much smoother brew. You're also saving on energy costs, as there is no need to heat water.

Always brew a full pot and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days, or pour into ice cube trays, freeze until solid, then transfer to ziplock bags and put 'em back in the freeze. There are so many drinks and cocktails that call for "strong, cold coffee" you will open a whole new world of bevvies.

All the above works for teas, as well!

loll loving goons

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

loll loving goons

Ah poo poo, didn't mean to post here. Thought the title said "Time to switch to hot cosby"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

easy solution is to just force a coupe in columbia to drive down the price of coffee beans

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Enjoy your... ehhhh.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Remember too that Cold brew makes coffee concentrate. You're supposed to mix it 50/50 with hot/cold water not drink it straight. Cold brew is super smooth, but you need nice (i.e. expensive) coffee to make it taste good and it takes a lot of beans.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I brew coffee in a lovely old drip coffee pot I found in my office. Sometimes I go to the coffee cart around the corner so I can get my coffee in one of those cute Greek paper cups.

NeurofiBROma posted:

I'm a fan of Turkish coffee but when I make it I always end up with coffee and grounds all over the stove

I tried Turkish coffee one evening at a Mediterranean restaurant, it was bonkers how goopy it was. I also don't like drinking out of miniature cups.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Bustello instant espresso is actually really good coffee and it's ready in the two minutes it takes to microwave the water.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
McDonald's coffee is surprisingly good. Maybe not surprisingly.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The only coffee advice I can proffer is to use a thermal carafe instead of a glass carafe and heating element.

Night and loving day.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The worst coffee I've had came from an overpriced Parisian themed coffee shop bakery place, meanwhile cheap bodega coffee is consistently good.

Dr Cox MD
Sep 11, 2001

Listen Up, Newbies.

nigga crab pollock posted:

i used to think instant was poo poo but a few years ago i got a whole crapton of instant nestle espresso from europe, idr if it was spanish or polish but it was pretty drat good

i would buy and drink that stuff if i knew where to find it in the states

Check your local foreign food markets. If you can find a Russian or European place you're gold. Check the expiration dates on coffee you buy there, tho! One place I tried was selling coffee that expired 2 years ago.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

You're so full of poo poo if you think drinking a cup of coffee a day clocks in at $25 a year, lol, just lol. You're supposed to use 2 tbsp of grinds per cup, right? And You realize a bag of non Folgers non poo poo coffee costs like 8 a bag?

Costco. I use 1 tbsp of grinds per cup. For the sake of argument, quadruple my number for better coffee and a splash of whole milk... $100/yr vs $1,800/yr. That little thing you buy every day adds up, don't sleep on it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

I tried Turkish coffee one evening at a Mediterranean restaurant, it was bonkers how goopy it was. I also don't like drinking out of miniature cups.

it is super loving strong but you know youre not supposed to drink the last bit right

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Vietnamese coffee over ice is probably my absolute favorite coffee right now. poo poo is like rocket fuel.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uggghhh thought I got a bag of whole beans and it's preground. :cripes:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

numberoneposter posted:

i like my coffee like i like my men

thrown out of a moving vehicle at 60 miles an hour when cold

Bahahaha loving hell I'm stealing this one!

Say, what a the difference between cold brew and iced coffee? Why is cold brew supposed to have more caffeine? I really don't like ice coffee, but one time I bought bottled Cold Brew Mocha at the grocery store. It was fine but they basically just sold me chocolate milk, right?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i tink technically iced coffee is brewed hot where you've waited for it to cool a bit before adding ice so it doesnt melt immediately?

cold brew is actually brewed cold and takes much longer to brew than hot coffee which i assume would also make it more potent.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

i tink technically iced coffee is brewed hot where you've waited for it to cool a bit before adding ice so it doesnt melt immediately?

cold brew is actually brewed cold and takes much longer to brew than hot coffee which i assume would also make it more potent.

It's p good if you got some nearly over-roasted beans. I inadvertently made cold brew once. Put some grounds and water in a kettle, forgot about it and never put it on the fire, came back and was gonna throw it out but then was like what the heck and poured it through a hanky. It was p good. Beans gotta be like crumbly charred to start with and it takes like 2 hours. You can sit there all day with a light roast and it will just go sour.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Or you can just make hot coffee like a normal person.

It's amazing how many millions of dollar people spend annually making perfectly good coffee completely terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Iced coffee is just 2-12 hour old coffee over ice. It doesn't really matter what kind or how long it's been sitting out since people who drink regular iced coffee have scoured any sense of taste from their mouths and would drink jenkem if it was served at 35 degrees over ice.

At our work we literally have a plastic bucket of overspill from our regular coffee brews sitting in our fridge. That's it. That's our iced coffee.

• Locked thread