Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

if your computer is 1.08 kg and is tinier than 1.604*10^27 meters in radius, it will instantly collapse into a black hole, possibly being the smallest computer ever (though it will immediately evaporate (actually in 1.059*10^-16 seconds (the luminosity released as hawking radiation should be an energy equivalent of over 23 megatons of TNT, which might be harsh)))

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax

by Lowtax
Computer gets lodged in urethra because it is just too darn small and because it's shaped like one of those Amazonian catfish

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

joke_explainer posted:

the long term trend of miniaturization of electronics has been amazing for making things portable, light, and easier to use... the computers got really small, small as they could be and still be practical to use. but they didn't stop! *holds head in hands, sobbing* now the computer is too tiny to use at all!!very impractical!!!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I know you think you're being funny, quoting Zoolander, but yes, I did make this computer for ants, a fact which can be deduced from its being small, too small for a human being to use. My insurance representative will be in contact with you, in regards to the damage you did to my computer. It was my first, and only, prototype. You failed to handle it with care due to the discrepancy between your size (human), and its size (ant, obviously). You should have known, because of how tiny it was. Now it lies in ruins.

----------------

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
I am very large in comparison to my computer which is very small

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Ahundredbux posted:

I am very large in comparison to my computer which is very small

PEBKAC

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

I am normal sized next to a normal sized computer

Macnult

misty mountaintop posted:

I know you think you're being funny, quoting Zoolander, but yes, I did make this computer for ants, a fact which can be deduced from its being small, too small for a human being to use. My insurance representative will be in contact with you, in regards to the damage you did to my computer. It was my first, and only, prototype. You failed to handle it with care due to the discrepancy between your size (human), and its size (ant, obviously). You should have known, because of how tiny it was. Now it lies in ruins.

google THIS

I have tiny headphones lost in my hair and a tiny VR headset perched on the bridge of my nose. they are tiny because they are accessories for my miniature computer and they were built to a similar scale. it's funny, because they are much smaller and less practical than such hardware normally would be

Im Ready for DEATH

Mom we need to go to Best Buy

I sneezed again

Macnult

my tiny computer can't handle java so i'm forced to use decaf with sugarcube

Macnult

i still call it a mouse, but with a computer this size is that correct?

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

Macnult posted:

i still call it a mouse, but with a computer this size is that correct?

For computers this small we call it the Mite.

flavor.flv

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh man, it was terrible. I unplugged my router and rebooted my computer ten times and it still wouldn't connect. I was talking on the phone with tech support and they were totally useless, but then my breath hit the computer when I yelled and moved it half a millimeter to the left. They should make the wavelength of the wifi signal shorter so this doesn't happen to anybody else.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
You might think a tiny computer would be a funny computer, because of its ludicrous dimensions. But actually, it is tragic, because its itty-bitty size makes it easy to lose, and it had all my torrented episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes on it.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Ah, Fortune, you wretched bitch! Do you think it was funny to bring this tiny computer into existence? Look at the pathetic scene you have created: a paramecium is using the computer, and it does nothing but type the letter B over and over again!

----------------

Macnult

Ah, Fortune, you wretched bitch! Do you think it was funny to bring this tiny computer into existence? Look at the pathetic scene you have created: a paramecium is using the computer, and it does nothing but type the letter B over and over again!

lol

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Whenever I lose the computer in the fibers of the carpet I console myself with a little TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZr_vxWr3s

social vegan

oh yes that mitochondria is the powerhouse of my dell

Manifisto

looking to snort a line of tiny computers to cheat on my cs exam, not sure which linux distro to install

ty nesamdoom!

Android Blues

google THIS posted:

tech support: is the computer powered on?

me: it's simultaneously on and off because I'm not observing it at the moment

Android Blues

I took this dude home and called him Computer Dick and he thought it was a compliment. Later, my computer suffered a mishap, due to its extremely small size.

My computer is not tiny, it is just very far away, or very long ago.

"Who would make a computer this tiny?" I think. Then it occurs to me. Tiny people made this tiny computer, unaware of the catastrophes that would befall it in the regular-size world.

Android Blues

these posts...they're incredible...

google THIS

i know how fast my internet connection is, but i don't know its position

google THIS

yeah, more quantum mechanics humor, that's how we roll here in the 'yob :rock:

alnilam

google THIS posted:

yeah, more quantum mechanics humor, that's how we roll here in the 'yob :rock:

it's called quantum humor because it contains the smallest possible amount of humor :twisted: :supaburn:

ty manifisto

google THIS

alnilam posted:

it's called quantum humor because it contains the smallest possible amount of humor :twisted: :supaburn:

:vince:

social vegan

could I interest you in some
Netflix and squint

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
I can't visit any sites on my microputer unless
some sends them to me via tinyurl.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

social vegan posted:

oh yes that mitochondria is the powerhouse of my dell

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

social vegan posted:

could I interest you in some
Netflix and squint

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

Actually, it's about ethics in single-cell journalism

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

alnilam posted:

:stare:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Is the YQH (yob quantum humor) a fundamental unit, or can it be defined in terms of other fundamental units?
Also, what is the relationship between YQH and YQC (yob quantum chill)?

google THIS

Barking Gecko posted:

Is the YQH (yob quantum humor) a fundamental unit, or can it be defined in terms of other fundamental units?
Also, what is the relationship between YQH and YQC (yob quantum chill)?

6.9*10^420 YQC/YQH

Historical Wizards

I was trying to cheat on a test using my tiny computer, but then I turned the page and it blew away.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Android Blues

*trying desperately to cram the binary into the computer despite a tiny flashing warning screen telling me 0 is too large a number*

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
My tiny computer had a little error and is trying to beep at me but it's hard pushing a single molecule of air around at a time but it's okay, I heard you little computer.

Android Blues

wearable computing is really huge right now. i will be wearing my computer for instance until i next wash this sweater, and until then, it will serve as a stock terminal / weather reader / step counter for microfauna, lint, etc, nourishing the funny cartoon economy that lives on my clothes in the detergent commercial i, a distant rumbling voice, exist in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

it could also be a quirky cult hit children's cartoon - i don't know - i can't really hear what i'm saying

• Locked thread