Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

serefin99 posted:

This was pretty much my reaction when I first found out about it. It still seems weird to me that a guy I grew up watching on TV is still showing up in my entertainment years later.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this! I don't know quite as much about DR2 as I did about DR1, so I might as well be going in blind here. Here's hoping my theories aren't wildly off the wall!

Not seen in this pic:
Artemus in the Viz Sailor Moon Dub

also, just take a look at this page:
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/johnny-yong-bosch/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Qrr posted:

Something I've pretty consistently been confused by: are these people entering or leaving high school? It certainly seems like Hopes Peak academy is more of a college, but he talks about how surprising it is that Hiyoko is a high school student when she wouldn't be anymore.

How did you read that as him think she should be out of high school? He comments on her looking young like she should be in a lower grade.

FPzero posted:

She hasn't stopped pressing her finger onto the floor... Seriously, what's she doing? And...her appearance and voice are so young... I can't believe she's actually a high school student.

EDIT: if any character looks like they should be in college, it's Nidai

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 13, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

FPzero posted:

: This trial has more than one Hangman's Gambits and there's never anything new with them other than increased difficulty and poorly translated long answers. This one's not so bad but just you wait...

FPzero posted:

: It's the most egregious example of localization troubles in an otherwise well-localized game (in my opinion).

I meant to actually comment on this a lot earlier, but I don't think anything in this tops the poor translation choice (and subsequently pisses me off) or trips me up like Schizo did in the first game.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Robindaybird posted:

the super-long gambit here is irritating, but Schizo was just not only completely wrong but pretty loving offensive on top of it.

oh trust me I know. I had an effort post in the other thread about it when it came up.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
you know, it's been so long since I had played this that I thought the revelation of the two houses being connected by the tower wasn't until the investigation. I may just have to go and replay the game from this chapter.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
you didn't tell us the rating on ether present for Fuyuhiko in the last two updates.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
This case is what really makes me hate this game in the series. As Stabby and several other people were talking about before, Nagito was the mastermind. He filled grenade, he set up the spear, He planned everything. Chiaki was not the mastermind in the case and it is bullshit that she had to take the punishment. The fact that Monokuma breaks his own rules make me hate everything past this point in the game because then there is now nothing that guarantees that Monokuma will play fairly.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

FPzero posted:

Why do you guys keep saying Monokuma is breaking his own rules? From the beginning of the game, it's always been clear that the person who kills another will be executed, regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. You can even go back to the first game and look at those examples at least up to Chapter 4 and see that it's consistent there too. And just because I was curious if I'd forgotten something in the actual Game Rules, I went and dug them all up.

Right in Chapter 3 Deadly Life Part 2

FPzero posted:

: All right, fine, fine... That's right...there's always one killer at any given time... Even if they had an accomplice, I'd have you figure out who the mastermind is.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Bloody Emissary posted:

Furthermore, Monokuma has always broken his own rules when it suits him; please recall Naegi's unfair execution in the other Chapter 5.

One of the major differences thought is that in that case, the evidence was set up to point to ether Naegi or Kyouko where as in this case in the very last part of the trial we had three questions in a row about who set all this up where the answer to all three was Nagito and at no point was any evidence about the actual murder except for the fire grenade ever even linked to Chiaki.

Edit: there is a little more to Case 5 that makes it better then this but might be considered spoilers still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Rarity posted:

Monokuma is an rear end in a top hat, why is everyone under the impression that he's going to play fair?

It's actually the whole reason the DR1 cast get's a retrial/the final trial.

DR1 Chapter 6 Deadly Life Part 2 posted:

: Now, here's the absolute truth. Makoto didn't kill Mukuro. You did.
: ...
: So executing Makoto for it would surely be a violation of your rules, which I know you love so much. If the blackened is exposed, they alone will be executed. That's what you told us, right?

*skipping down the dialog*

: If you were to execute Makoto now, everyone out there watching this would be extremely displeased.

*skip a little more*

: If you want to earn our despair "fair and square", then I suggest you take my advice.

: ...So? What is this "advice" of yours?
: To do Mukuro's trial over again. Only this time, you follow the school regulations to ensure a fair trial.

• Locked thread