Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

balls

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

The game seems like it has potential but overall seems a bit too floaty. Maybe playing with people/goons will make it more interesting.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Game takes forever to load then keeps shoving me back into the main menu any time I try out the tutorial.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I got into some games in PvP and yeah, much more fun than with the tutorial bots. Not sure If I really want to take up yet another FtP grind game though.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I don't even think it's a game of grinding. Since all the ships are balanced against each other, it's more of a game of rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock. You start off with three really good ships. Your winnings just go to adding variety so you don't get bored of the same flavor over and over again.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

True, but the rate of earnings feels so slow that I figure that I'll get bored faster than I will unlock new stuff. At the very least I might give this another go with a goon group, but I kinda feel like it's a bit of one-trick pony.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Xerxes17 posted:

True, but the rate of earnings feels so slow that I figure that I'll get bored faster than I will unlock new stuff. At the very least I might give this another go with a goon group, but I kinda feel like it's a bit of one-trick pony.

The game really needs to up its rewards.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
No Ghost love? It's the first ship (admittedly, only played like four ships prior) where it just CLICKED. If pretending I'm piloting the USS Defiant is wrong, I don't want to be right.

OK, so the Ghost looks more like a VUX Cruiser, and it has armor comprised of wet Kleenex, but whatever.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Duranki posted:

No Ghost love? It's the first ship (admittedly, only played like four ships prior) where it just CLICKED. If pretending I'm piloting the USS Defiant is wrong, I don't want to be right.

OK, so the Ghost looks more like a VUX Cruiser, and it has armor comprised of wet Kleenex, but whatever.

Have you tried the black widow?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Knifegrab posted:

The game really needs to up its rewards.

I don't think they would have a business model left if they upped the rewards by a significant amount.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

Knifegrab posted:

Have you tried the black widow?

Just tried it out in the test course deal, not an actual match. It seems to have some good support abilities, at the expense of a weaker main weapon. I should give it a proper try.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Just god captain jonesy from a random supply ship drop. Did I win?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Oh I thought you could only get that if you did Early Access. Too bad I'll only ever get space bux and frozen semen from the drops.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

IronDoge posted:

Oh I thought you could only get that if you did Early Access. Too bad I'll only ever get space bux and frozen semen from the drops.
Frozen semen can be used to get Captain Jonesy. :science:

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!
Massive update hit today. 2.9 gigs.

https://www.fracturedspace.com/phase-1-5-update-notes/

1st note...

– Warp tunnel now has a slower effect to reduce reports of motion sickness from some players

#ruined

Here is the new ship.

Taiso fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 20, 2016

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I played a couple of games with the Centurion in it and it's a pretty interesting ship: the Reinhardt-style shield can be really effective against ships with high burst but low RoF, the Core Overload is a solid AoE with push that can work well in Gamma and the Mark Target applied by its main gun allowed my Raven OC Beam to do disgusting amounts of damage.

Other changes of note are the Raider screen no longer blocking friendly fire, the Disarm not working on the Leviathan Fusion Beam once it fires (can only be disarmed during the charge-up phase) and the Brawler Harpoon being turned into a skill-shot instead of a homing missile.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Is the Brawler Harpoon still a missile that pd can shoot down? Relly hope it's not because then I can't think of any good reason for making it unguided.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Zernach posted:

Is the Brawler Harpoon still a missile that pd can shoot down? Relly hope it's not because then I can't think of any good reason for making it unguided.
If it can, I haven't seen it happen yet.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I don't think it can. I got snagged by it and never heard a warning.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
UI has been updated and player base is way higher than before.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

UI has been updated and player base is way higher than before.

Really? Because it used to be in the top 100 games on steam and its not even there anymore...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
For the majority of its time, it has been rather low

http://steamcharts.com/app/310380

It isn't as high as when it first went on early access, but release did boost numbers up quite a bit.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
There seems to be a new bar below the enemy health bar but it doesn't seem to be armor like I thought it might be. Energy maybe?

Every morning I try to get a few games in and the first match since patch always go as far as selecting ship, selecting loadout, countdown to zero and then I'm back in the announcements page when you log in. I wonder if everyone in the match got dumped or if I'm floating AFK in base when that happens.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
the second bar is energy yeah and it has been there for awhile already. Not sure when they added it though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Zernach posted:

the second bar is energy yeah and it has been there for awhile already. Not sure when they added it though.

There are several ships that directly attack enemy energy rendering them useless in combat, knowing an enemies energy is huge to know how to take an engagement.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

Knifegrab posted:

There are several ships that directly attack enemy energy rendering them useless in combat, knowing an enemies energy is huge to know how to take an engagement.

:argh: Ravens - hate those guys.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

Xerxes17 posted:

You should go straight for the Superlifter. That ship is amazing and a complete farming machine. Spray targets with the gun while dropping heals bombs on friendlies, help your heavies get down the lanes super fast with the drones or use them to escape and kite idiots. You get ultra paid with it when you collect takedowns and support points.

edit: you can bounce the heals off nearby asteroids to fix yourself.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They've closed the official forums, introduced pay to win mechanics, and halved the credit earn rate.

The game has mixed reviews on Steam and is clearly in a death spiral. Enjoy it while you can.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
As a counterpoint, co-op gets you daily drops, the Phase 2 10% global maneuvering bonus makes attack ships like the Reaper and Interceptor a lot more satisfying to play and makes heavies like the Destroyer a lot less frustrating. Mechanically, they're doing quite a few things right -- though the credit accrual rate hit has got to be awful for a new player.

speaking of which I bought an Interceptor :love:

I just compstomp in co-op. PVP holds no interest for me anymore. So if it's in a death spiral - I don't pay enough attention to the game aside from playing matches to say one way or the other - at least I'm having fun on the way down. And, anecdotally, I'm having zero issues matching into Frontline or Conquest co-op at almost any time of day. Far fewer problems now than I had before Phase 2.

what are the p2w mechanics they put in? You mean implants or something else?

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 9, 2017

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
They closed the official forums because now the one on Steam is the official forum: most of the playerbase used that anyway and since the devs have always been active there they decided to just make it so.
As for P2W, what?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Maybe they are referring to the crew implants. I played plenty of games with just the starter set and don't really agree it's p2w if that's what they were talking about.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'm sure an optimized set of 15 implants provides a small edge at high-level PVP but I'm enough of a bad and/or only do PVE to the point where I barely notice the effect. The only one I notice is that I have two +10% missile range ones so I can fire missiles a thousand meters further out, which is nice but again, PVE.

speaking of which Guardian vs bots is like duck hunt without the laughing dog. i love itttttttt

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Parallelwoody posted:

Maybe they are referring to the crew implants. I played plenty of games with just the starter set and don't really agree it's p2w if that's what they were talking about.

I concur: Fractured Space is clearly not P2W........I bet all the haters on this boards are bitter Dreadnaught players........

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I mean, it is pretty grindy but I don't have other free to play games to compare it to. I dropped 40 or 50 on it while still in alpha because I got a lot of enjoyment out of it and even with that I still don't have every ship available. That being said one of my favorite ships is the starter sentinel and other early unlock ships. As usual I'll throw out my steam name Smoove Jazz feel free to add me.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
:laffo:

Hi Jazz

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Who else is still playing this? I just started back up after like 4 or 5 months of not playing it.

Let's goon squad this poo poo

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm still pretty active. Feel free to send a friend request.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Still active, let's play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

So I really like this game, but if you like it you should definitely check out Galactic Junk League. It is pretty much exactly the same game except you get to build your ships robocraft style.

https://galacticjunkleague.com/

• Locked thread