Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Are freaking scum.

They should be lined up and shot. Some woman asking for money for some unknown charity asked me why I looked sad as I walked into a loving Whole Foods for a salad for lunch.

I wasn't sad. Don't tell me how I feel you rear end in a top hat. Suck my freaking balls!!! I became sad however, because I realized that that person exists.

I hope she walks into the ocean.

Girl Scouts are 100% excepted from this however. Sell me all the cookies you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm sorry you're a sad goon

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
EXCUSE ME ARE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE????

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Would you like to buy some popcorn to support the Hitler You... I mean the Boy Scouts?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen boy scouts trying to sell bullshit snacks like goldfish and chex mix at 5x the cost to raise money for D.A.R.E, I wanted to tell their dads to gently caress off and knock over their dumbass stand.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

a bone to pick posted:

I've seen boy scouts trying to sell bullshit snacks like goldfish and chex mix at 5x the cost to raise money for D.A.R.E, I wanted to tell their dads to gently caress off and knock over their dumbass stand.
Their dads probably wouldn't have knocked over the stand, even if you asked.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
When did Three Olives change his name to Chinatown

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
*dresses like Santa and rings a bell. Smells like urine.*

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
No loving joke, I know South Park gets poo poo for not catering to extreme leftwingers lately but their whole episode about "charity shaming" was right on the nose.

What gets me the most is the junior sports teams that aren't actually selling anything, they just want you to give them money to go to their tournaments. It's like, no, forget fundraising, we're just going to have our kids beg for money because it's easier on us and we don't have to keep track of the finances. gently caress that, I sold candy bars out the rear end to go out of town to competitions.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Probably the most egregious example was a few weeks ago when some young woman asked me for donations to "help youths get a second chance at school" for some charity with no website or information and they took cash only. They asked if I could take money out for them. It was pretty obvious that a scam was occurring.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this one charity was asking for canned goods and I was like "haha idiots there's a grocery store like right behind you"

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER!??!

IT'S ONLY $40 A MONTH AND ALL THE NEWS IS 2 DAYS OLD!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

the worst are the ones that claim they're trying to raise money for a relative's surgery

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well how was the salad

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
There is a smelly bum who hangs out in front of the CVS and he holds the door open for people. I never give him money, but he provides a service. Grocery store doors are automatic, though, so these people are just parasites who provide nothing to society. They are worse than a smelly bum.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ScratchAndSniff posted:

There is a smelly bum who hangs out in front of the CVS and he holds the door open for people. I never give him money, but he provides a service. Grocery store doors are automatic, though, so these people are just parasites who provide nothing to society. They are worse than a smelly bum.

what kind of cvs do you shop at where the doors aren't the automatic sliding doors

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
one summer I got a job standing outside grocery stores asking people to donate for planned parenthood it was horrible the worst job ever pretty much.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

ROFLburger posted:

what kind of cvs do you shop at where the doors aren't the automatic sliding doors

The kind with a bum who holds the door open.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

"No."

resolved.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Pretty sure the three Mexican guys at the intersection have been raising money for the same funeral for years

That kid is probably a skeleton by now

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dely Apple posted:

Pretty sure the three Mexican guys at the intersection have been raising money for the same funeral for years

give them counterfeit money

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Dely Apple posted:

Trump 2016

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Well how was the salad

it was great i mnade a salad that included a hard boiled egg, bleu cheese, kalamata olives and a light balsamic dressing.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Well maybe she mistook your quest for a salad as you being a "sad lad". Did you ever think of that OP?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The popcorn that The Boy Scouts sell is trash rear end garbage and they should be ashamed. The Girl Scout murder the Boy Scouts on the snack front.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I hate the phrase "salad days". It's the dumbest loving phrase in the English language.

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.
I have learned that people walking in the street with clipboards are all assholes. Don't trust them.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I hate the phrase "salad days". It's the dumbest loving phrase in the English language.

youre mishearing it

the term is actually for the stunned state of shock you get after she eats your rear end just right. thus, a 'daze'

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.
I was sitting in my car in the parking lot one time and a guy walked up and made eye contact. After he got my attention he inquisitively held up his clipboard as if to say "hey i have this clipboard. would you be interested in putting your name on it" or "Hey, would you like to know what's on my clipboard?"

I shook my head, as if to say "no" or "leave me alone"

He left me alone and went and bothered people that were not in their cars.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fishing with the fam posted:

The popcorn that The Boy Scouts sell is trash rear end garbage and they should be ashamed. The Girl Scout murder the Boy Scouts on the snack front.

That's what I'm saying, and then the money you give them perpetuates the failed drug war by going to the propagandists at D.A.R.E.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Roctor posted:

I have learned that people walking in the street with clipboards are all assholes. Don't trust them.

is this your 2nd day outside or something?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i say "not from here, irish" in a really bad accent and then keep walking

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.
One time I went to get lunch and on my way back I was carrying my lunch.

A person on the street aggressively pointed at me and said loudly "I know THIS guy wants to give me money!"

I walked past him without acknowledging that he said anything. I wish I had pointed back and said "I know THIS guy is about to be disappointed" or maybe said "no i don't" or something.

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.

hth posted:

is this your 2nd day outside or something?

yes

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Get this, i asked for permission to set up a voter registration booth at two grocery stores, and they both said no. Those people aren't even allowed to be there

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
The red cross can suck my dick but some supermarkets let small clubs set up outside for donations. And some of those I don't have a problem with. I hate when cashiers ASK you if you want to make a donation to whatever cause. It's like they are calling me out when I tell them 'no thankyou'.

I always give the guys from the youth boxing gym a couple bucks though. They always set up a table with photos and trophies from their meets and whatnot. There will be a single dude there usually dressed very well no matter what time of year. Always a super nice guy. Boxing club guys, you do it right.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

PromethiumX posted:

The red cross can suck my dick but some supermarkets let small clubs set up outside for donations. And some of those I don't have a problem with. I hate when cashiers ASK you if you want to make a donation to whatever cause. It's like they are calling me out when I tell them 'no thankyou'.

its ok to say 'no thank you'

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

the cashier will get over it in time

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Grown men who get panic attacks from a person asking them for change and then fume about it for hours or even days after are hilariously sad and deserve to be triggered constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Fund raisers sitting outside the supermarket/hardware stores (bunnings for example) selling hot dogs for $2.50 are also exempt because they're providing a critical service as well as raising money for sport teams, scouts and Hitler youth and good on em.

• Locked thread