Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Guy Mann posted:

COOL, INTELLIGENT, SOPHISTICATED MIDDLE-AGED SOUTH PARK VIEWER: The problem with society today is that people are such huge pussies. Everybody wants their safe spaces and their trigger warnings, people just can't deal with the realities of every day life. It's absolutely disgusting how soft and ill-equipped people are for interacting with the real world.

HOMELESS MAN OUTSIDE OF COSTCO: Spare some change?

COOL, INTELLIGENT, SOPHISTICATED MIDDLE-AGED SOUTH PARK VIEWER: Oh what the gently caress

On one hand, charity scammers are dishonest charlatans which take advantage of people's good natures for their own needs while simultaneously competing with legit charities, and are connected to safe space politics in some way. On the other hand, people who mock them on the internet forums are also jerks

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Would you like to buy some popcorn to support the Hitler You... I mean the Boy Scouts?

I'll take the Hitler you know over the Hitler you don't.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wow that poor kid, he's had cancer for the last 8 years and he needs money desperately. it's also stopped the aging process for him, so tragic

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I have a micro penis so I get really angry at people asking me if I want to donate money to a charity at a till

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
But yes no, I will totally donate to private school kids so their boys choir can perform in the loving Caribbean because young Chad needs to learn early that Aruba isn't interested in their talents so much as the tourism dollars.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
No I don't want to donate to the Children's Leukemia Foundation thanks.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You know what's worse is when the cashiers solicit you at checkout.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
As a kid I was instructed to get decently grubby then go down and sit in front of the grocery store with a box of kittens and try to give them away. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I realized this has happening once or twice a year every year was ridiculous and we should maybe spay/neuter some of the catswarm. It was essentially negative panhandling, passing our furry problems onto the townsfolk at large by appealing to their compassion for small dirty animals.

It was also fun, I learned how to spot a mark in those years of cat-pushing

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Back when I was a student there was some guy on campus who asked me for money saying his car had run out of gas in the lot and was stuck.

I didn't give him anything, and this decision was validated when I came across him again next week with the same story. He didn't seem to recognize me so he must have been asking a lot of people for that gas money for his now-week-long-stranded car!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The Groper posted:

As a kid I was instructed to get decently grubby then go down and sit in front of the grocery store with a box of kittens and try to give them away. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I realized this has happening once or twice a year every year was ridiculous and we should maybe spay/neuter some of the catswarm. It was essentially negative panhandling, passing our furry problems onto the townsfolk at large by appealing to their compassion for small dirty animals.

drat you know at least some of those kittens ended up as some lovely brat's rag dolls, poor things.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

People who sell you tamales in supermarket parking lots, on the other hand... :getin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sex Falcon posted:

sorry you eat salad like a weakling, OP

post your bench PR

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Baby Babbeh posted:

People who sell you tamales in supermarket parking lots, on the other hand... :getin:

People who provide goods or services in exchange for money are cool with me. Its those filthy people with their hands out that piss me off.

Every few days I'll tape some quarters or dollar bills into my taint region and use that for charity. The quality of the cash will finally match the means in which it was earned.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

People who provide goods or services in exchange for money are cool with me. Its those filthy people with their hands out that piss me off.

Every few days I'll tape some quarters or dollar bills into my taint region and use that for charity. The quality of the cash will finally match the means in which it was earned.

You seem like a bitter loving loser with a girlfriend, if you have one, that is just waiting to jump ship.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
shes pretty happy I think. sounds like projection to me

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

shes pretty happy I think. sounds like projection to me

Fat people need love too apparently.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
in college my roommate bought a stereo from two dudes in a parking lot

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Just walk past them or throw some change their way, why would even waste time caring about this poo poo?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Chinatown posted:

post your bench PR

420lbs. Or 69lbs. Whichever is funniest

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Fat people need love too apparently.

I and her are a healthy weight. Sounds like more projection.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Captain Yossarian posted:

420lbs. Or 69lbs. Whichever is funniest

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

I and her are a healthy weight. Sounds like more projection.

Woah, don't be so defensive about it bro. Why are you so desperate to prove yourself to me?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Why are you so desperate to imagine me as some weird unrelated combination of negative traits because you took offense to an internet post?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

Why are you so desperate to imagine me as some weird unrelated combination of negative traits because you took offense to an internet post?

I'm just making observations. It seems I have triggered you somehow.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
You've lost this exchange.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

a bone to pick posted:

I've seen boy scouts trying to sell bullshit snacks like goldfish and chex mix at 5x the cost to raise money for D.A.R.E, I wanted to tell their dads to gently caress off and knock over their dumbass stand.

no one should be raising money for alex "dare" levert

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

You've lost this exchange.

What does that mean?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

What does that mean?

Means you have some slippery quarters comin your way.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

The Groper posted:

where did you live? was this in a rural area?

You seem like a bitter loving loser with a girlfriend, if you have one, that is just waiting to jump ship.

so hostile dude

chill brooooooooo :slick:

Chinatown posted:

in college my roommate bought a stereo from two dudes in a parking lot

this sort of scam has been around for awhile

Rambling Robot posted:

I live in a condo and hate people who are poor.

Who am I?

donald j. trump

Guy Mann posted:

COOL, INTELLIGENT, SOPHISTICATED MIDDLE-AGED SOUTH PARK VIEWER: The problem with society today is that people are such huge pussies. Everybody wants their safe spaces and their trigger warnings, people just can't deal with the realities of every day life. It's absolutely disgusting how soft and ill-equipped people are for interacting with the real world.

HOMELESS MAN OUTSIDE OF COSTCO: Spare some change?

COOL, INTELLIGENT, SOPHISTICATED MIDDLE-AGED SOUTH PARK VIEWER: Oh what the gently caress

sir this is a mcdonalds. can i take your order?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I think ya'll are only so upset by it because it reminds you of your own guilty feelings or something. Just give em what you've got in your pocket and if it isn't anything just smile and say "sorry man next time."

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

That Robot posted:

this sort of scam has been around for awhile

ya i know. we actually used that stereo for like 2 years and it was perfectly fine lol

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
"Sorry, not today" or "No thank you"

what the gently caress is wrong with you retards?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Roylicious posted:

I think ya'll are only so upset by it because it reminds you of your own guilty feelings or something. Just give em what you've got in your pocket and if it isn't anything just smile and say "sorry man next time."

nah it's cos we know most beggars are scammers who just want the money to spend on booze or crack

there's a super-skinny african-american lady who hangs out at a train stop I pass by a lot. she asks people for money, follows them and talks poo poo about them. she even hit me with a small grocery bag for ignoring her.

she sucks and it's obvious that she's a crackhead

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

supermarket solicitation, paid initiative signature gatherers, and actual bums don't annoy me nearly as much as the charity group(s) that have a seemingly unending parade of young people stationed on street corners trying to engage passersby with the same lovely scripts and forced enthusiasm day in and day out

I work downtown and they're stationed such that it is extremely difficult to duck out of the office for lunch or a quick walk between meetings without someone trying to accost me for "just a moment" of my time- having people try to hit you up for the same thing every day, multiple times per day is annoying as gently caress and makes it difficult to even muster up a mild pleasantry

it will also never get better because the job appears to burn people out almost instantly, meaning they'll never recognize people who are in the area daily or the sorts of people who have heard it too many loving times before

I used to feel vaguely bad for the volunteers youthful enthusiasm and good intentions being met with near universal coldness, but now I just hope its a useful learning opportunity

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

"Sorry, not today" or "No thank you"

what the gently caress is wrong with you retards?

thats what i say

i still hate them

PISS

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

One day while I was waiting at a red light, a man came walking past my car. He had a cardboard sign that read, "Why lie? I need a drink!"

I gave him a dollar.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Chomp8645 posted:

Back when I was a student there was some guy on campus who asked me for money saying his car had run out of gas in the lot and was stuck.

I didn't give him anything, and this decision was validated when I came across him again next week with the same story. He didn't seem to recognize me so he must have been asking a lot of people for that gas money for his now-week-long-stranded car!

I ran into a guy with the same story about running out of gas (but also saying he worked here but lived like 2 hours away). Nah man if you really commuted four hours every day you wouldn't forget gas money.

He was a really charismatic black guy who would open with "You're not scared of black people are you?" and a big belly laugh for like three or four years so I guess he must have caught a lot of guilty fish with that one.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

King Possum III posted:

One day while I was waiting at a red light, a man came walking past my car. He had a cardboard sign that read, "Why lie? I need a drink!"

I gave him a dollar.

ah yes, the old "I'm not scamming you" scam. Classic.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Thank you friend that is a good gif. While your checking out would you like to round up your purchase for some loving stupid charity? :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
i want to give the cute kids money for their summer quiddich camp or whatever but I don't carry cash, this is 2016 in canada, take plastic goddammit

• Locked thread