Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelfOM
Jun 15, 2010
The men's final group at the world championships was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://youtu.be/KGijVRJMO3I

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Are there not laws about fifteen-year-olds doing that kind of dance for money?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rand Brittain posted:

Are there not laws about fifteen-year-olds doing that kind of dance for money?

He does it for Otabek's love.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I love Otabek so very much

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I really just want Yurio's one true love to be the ice, because he's a little ball of rage who wants to utterly crush his opponents. :allears:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Incidentally, does this mean some of the earlier Blurays are out? Do we have any data on what degree of animation touch-ups there were?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

If you slow down the video, you can see that Otabek is actually on the ice with Yuri. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (you can see it at the part where yuri throws his glasses).

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I'm not sure that Otabek's on the ice; we can't quite see enough to know that he's not just right at ice level behind the boards. And he's definitely not on the ice if Yurio's dive thing is directly before the glasses throw as the edit implies, because we can see nobody's on the ice ahead of him, but that could very easily be a misleading trailer edit.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I need a season 2 yesterday.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/cakepril/status/851372967984418816

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

We're getting a film!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So it's just the same story as season 1 retold in a movie? Or a continuation?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Not a compilation, so either a continuation or something set during the show.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Reminder for anyone who was interested in the non-nendoroid figures that the G.E.M. Victor pre-order went up yesterday. It's about $98. I pre-ordered but am ultimately kind of disappointed by the painting on it, plus his facial expression is a lil weird, but oh well. A couple folks noted that it seems par for the course with Megahouse though I think I said before, the nicest figure I own out of my bunch is a Megahouse Takasugi Shinsuke that's painted well and is a nice sculpt so occasionally they get it right... :(

My other merch came in the last week and it's kinda cute though even as a weirdo with quirky merch I never know what to do with these things. I'll probably just hang them up by my jojo crane dolls?

Also I picked up a print from this person and wanted to share; it and the mezamero print I have are probably my favorite YOI things that I've gotten thus far. They have a cute YOI postcard set, too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Also I picked up a print from this person and wanted to share; it and the mezamero print I have are probably my favorite YOI things that I've gotten thus far. They have a cute YOI postcard set, too.

Ooh, that's really pretty! And cheap!

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Reminder for anyone who was interested in the non-nendoroid figures that the G.E.M. Victor pre-order went up yesterday. It's about $98. I pre-ordered but am ultimately kind of disappointed by the painting on it, plus his facial expression is a lil weird, but oh well.

I'm kind of sad that they used such dark colors for the clothes. An all-black outfit isn't really that nice on a figure, especially if you're planning to display it. Even some accent details would have been nice. I'm torn on whether to order it because I'm just not sure I like the outfit enough, although I think the sculpt and pose are lovely.

Still waiting on the Yurio Nendoroid preorder.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Reminder for anyone who was interested in the non-nendoroid figures that the G.E.M. Victor pre-order went up yesterday. It's about $98. I pre-ordered but am ultimately kind of disappointed by the painting on it, plus his facial expression is a lil weird, but oh well. A couple folks noted that it seems par for the course with Megahouse though I think I said before, the nicest figure I own out of my bunch is a Megahouse Takasugi Shinsuke that's painted well and is a nice sculpt so occasionally they get it right... :(

My other merch came in the last week and it's kinda cute though even as a weirdo with quirky merch I never know what to do with these things. I'll probably just hang them up by my jojo crane dolls?

I agree the Viktor fig's face looks weird but I'm always happy to see more male figures for sale. I do miss crane games here and their LE merch.

If you're nearby NYC the Kinokuniya has some cardboard cutouts to promo their YoI button sales. It's everyone in their skating outfits and I kinda wish they sold them.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Remember Patton Chen, the Chinese skater who made us all pregnant?
He's been busy coaching, but he gave us some gifts.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Maera Sior posted:

Remember Patton Chen, the Chinese skater who made us all pregnant?
He's been busy coaching, but he gave us some gifts.
:allears:

I hope the movie is about Worlds seeing as that's the most important event for skaters and then season 2 can continue with off season shenanigans and then go into the skating season next season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That's kind of what I reasoned, that the movie would be a whole tournament.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

That's kind of what I reasoned, that the movie would be a whole tournament.

Animenewsnetwork said it'd feature the entire S1 all over again.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Alder posted:

Animenewsnetwork said it'd feature the entire S1 all over again.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-29/yuri-on-ice-anime-gets-brand-new-film/.115476

"The announcement specifically rules out the film as a recompilation of the television anime."

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm hoping for more character focus than skating though, in retrospect i feel like we could've squeezed a lot more out of the cast without having to see every performance. it would also be less taxing in terms of animation, so maybe everything would look nicer.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Yuri's thick red squid

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

DisDisDis posted:

Yuri's thick red squid

I thought I was good at phallic symbol recognition but I've clearly overestimated my own abilities, because :lol: missed that one

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The welcome to the madness silence is deafening!!!!!! :cry:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm more interested in hearing about the degree to which the Bluray animation is touched up.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm more interested in hearing about the degree to which the Bluray animation is touched up.

In dramatic but disappointing ways, apparently.

https://twitter.com/hiyor_my/status/868047888034680834

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
What the gently caress did they do to you, Victor?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm afraid we all knew that Victor's hairline was tragically receding.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

I really hope they didn't make him look 15 years younger like that permanently, ugh

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, Victor is 27. Just because he's an oldster from the point of view of professional sports doesn't mean he's not basically a fresh-faced youngster by the standards of absolutely anywhere else.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

oh my gay male ovaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18UzAIWOth0

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

In dramatic but disappointing ways, apparently.

https://twitter.com/hiyor_my/status/868047888034680834

I mean, the before shot is pretty off-model, but the revised version looks like fanart. Those two screengrabs don't even look like they come from the same show.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Honestly, the revised one kind of looks fine to me. I'd probably have to see it in motion to really have an opinion.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Haha, the BD fixes are always amusing to me even if I can't afford them in my dreams. There's also a new fig of Viktor and Machan going around online too.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I just want my nendoroids already :allears:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I've watched the series over the weekend and it is a delight, as is this thread about it and the fact that the actual competitive skating community seems to have universally adopted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
In case anyone hasn't seen it, there's an "official" manga extra for Welcome to the Madness - http://september.strawberrywine.org/archives/9220.

• Locked thread