Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Omg this precious cinnamon bun

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/880229334824431617

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/kubo_3260_yuri/status/880144877425577984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Awww, I wasn't planning on getting that one but now I'm tempted.

(Otabek nendo next season pls)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Woo, amiami just charged me for my Nendoroid Yuri :toot:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

Woo, amiami just charged me for my Nendoroid Yuri :toot:

It's happening!!!!! Yay!

I wonder if I'm going to regret not getting a yuurio one? Only if they make otabek, i guess.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

It's happening!!!!! Yay!

I wonder if I'm going to regret not getting a yuurio one? Only if they make otabek, i guess.

He's not up for preorder yet I think?

Edit: ignore me, he is!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Cute!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Although nendo figs are adorable they're pretty expensive for their size :sigh:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

So true. I actually opened my box up in front of my coworkers since I get that poo poo shipped to my office & they knew I was waiting for it and one of them looked at it and said "wait, it's so small? You paid that much for this?"

:cry:

I guess I should switch to, like, buying berserk figures which are just staggeringly expensive but at least they look a little more substantial! The rest of the collection in my glass case is mainly JoJo figures and I avoided the nendo ripoffs in that fandom.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

You're not alone at least since the promo photos can be deceptive as so I discovered when I walked around Book-Off and Kinokuniya and looked at them in-person :ghost:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Charge just went through on my Viktor nendo so my boy's comin'

Also if you're active on twitter I can't imagine you haven't seen but AnimeFest this year has been way bigger than usual and the YOI crowds have been... pretty serious. I have friends who have been trying over and over to get autographs and the lines are just too daunting. I dunno how AnimeFest could have really braced for the crowds necessarily but it does look like they seriously underestimated in some ways (booking smaller rooms for YOI panels and all that). I feel bad for the organizers and workers; it's gotta be overwhelming and a kinda thankless job right now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it sounds like everybody is swarming for kubo and hiramatsu and ignoring yamamoto so gently caress 'em

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah, I just saw that as well. What the gently caress?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

:swoon:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yaaayyy

Mine shipped last week but I have super slow shipping so I bet I won't see it for a while.

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.

I didn't open Yuri until Victor arrived, so I did this nonsense tonight when I finally got a chance to open them up.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

DVD/Blu-Ray box sets are FINALLY available for pre-order!

Standard

Limited Edition

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yay! I grabbed a funi preorder.

My Viktor GEM figure finally came in the other day and while it's not my favorite GEM that I have, it looks better than I thought it would.

The rear end is...pronounced. :laugh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So many nendo

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/produc...2017-11-16_6862

Alder fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 16, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Godammit.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

That's the yuri nendo I would have wanted first. Grr.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

That's the yuri nendo I would have wanted first. Grr.

You just know it means they’re going to do Victor in his overcoat next.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

You just know it means they’re going to do Victor in his overcoat next.

I know. Dammit. I should have thought about this in advance. I'm out of space for figures :cry:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

To be fair, I wasn’t expecting more than one selection (one Yuri, one Victor, etc), so I had no clue they’d do a second wave.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder when they'll get desperate and start making side characters for that fujo money

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wonder when they'll get desperate and start making side characters for that fujo money

Side characters? Phichit, Otabek, Christophe, JJ, etc?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Side characters? Phichit, Otabek, Christophe, JJ, etc?

Yeah, I mean I've wanted a Phichit forever but the two Yuri and Victor are the main 3

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

We'll get an Otabek at least, I'm sure

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if there's no Chris i will riot, and send GoodSmile a video of me smashing my yuri nendo, viktor nendo, fs yuri nendo, yurio nendo, casual yuri nendo, casual viktor nendo, casual yurio nendo, and skating rink dioramansion

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well that didn’t take long.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I feel better about not buying the other Victor.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

So, this happened at the GPF.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
That's amazing. One of the girls in the JGPF had a Makkachin tissue box too.

Evgenia Medvedeva was supposed to have some "surprise gala" at the NHK Trophy but then she went and got injured so it hasn't happened. Some people were suspecting it is a Yuri on Ice thing, I am hoping for Theme of King JJ.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The show had lots of heart, even if as a show it had a great many flaws. Great to see it's impact has lasted and I'm looking forward to a date for season 2!

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

My box set arrived yesterday. I'll probably watch the dub first, since my friend who can't do subtitles is pretty much the only person who hasn't seen it yet.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Maera Sior posted:

my friend who can't do subtitles

:sever:
(jk I know there are people with like, dyslexia or sight problems and stuff)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve heard about a minute of the dub, and couldn’t stand it.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Viktor sounds really funny to me in the dub, but it's not all bad. I prefer subtitles but if I have a show on while I work, it needs to be dubbed.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I like the accents in the dub. No idea if they did something similar in Japanese.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

:sever:
(jk I know there are people with like, dyslexia or sight problems and stuff)

The only dub I've enjoyed was OPM, and that was truly fantastic.
I think my friend has dyslexia; he's said that if he has to read subtitles, he can't do anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Chaotic Flame posted:

I like the accents in the dub. No idea if they did something similar in Japanese.

Viktor had a bit of an accent but i don't remember any others off the top of my head.

• Locked thread