Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
drat, I never had any interest in nendoroids before, but I just caved in a heartbeat and preordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
Oh my gosh he even comes with a cute little katsudon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would've preferred an alternate body with his brown coat & scarf, but this is still pretty adorable.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

dogsicle posted:

i would've preferred an alternate body with his brown coat & scarf, but this is still pretty adorable.

Knowing Good Smile, I wouldn't doubt that they'll release several alternative versions in the future, so you might get your wish! I think it would be absolutely precious if they released a set for Yuuri and Victor's pair skate with matching costumes. :swoon:

I just hope that the inevitable Yurio that gets released has a wide array of adorable grumpy faces.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They're already on their way! Coming next...

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Why does this year have it out so bad for my wallet.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

They're already on their way! Coming next...

AAAAAAH when can we preorder him??

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
It's done! The decision to glue the 'gems' on with E6000 instead of trying to handsew them on through the back might be the best one I've ever made. Sorry for the overexposure, I'm a real poo poo photographer.

I ended up going with black on black mesh after all, despite your guy's advice (honestly, I was getting crunched for time, so I didn't want to wait for nude mesh to come in) but I think it still looks distinctly 'meshy' enough! Glad I went with velvet, it gives a good contrast on the appliques with how dark it is. Wish the velvet I had was a tiny bit thicker though.

I'll be wearing this, along with my casual outfit down at Katsucon if anyone is going. I'm sure there will be a million YOI cosplayers there, though I hope at least there are not too many that tackled this outfit. I've never done a costume from a show that's so popular with younger folks (mostly done obscure Jojo characters) so you can watch me feel Very Very Old surrounded by teens.

There's also a fancy dress party at this thing, and a part of me is really tempted to make tear away dress pants and transform into Drunk Yuri partway through (this is a terrible idea)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Goldaline posted:

There's also a fancy dress party at this thing, and a part of me is really tempted to make tear away dress pants and transform into Drunk Yuri partway through (this is a terrible idea)

If you did this, I might actually come to the fancy dance party for once.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
That looks amazing!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
That is really awesome, yeah.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
That is amazing, and thanks for sharing your progress pics too. :)

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

So, the marathon showing + interviews didn't announce season 2, but there will be some sort of talk thing on April 29. Here's a summary of the event, if you're interested.

Also, there's a BL video totally starring not!Victor and not!Yuri. (Blurred out photo at the link, you can find the NSFW box on Twitter). Here's the summary:

quote:

The figure skater protagonist gets a genius Russian skater he’s always admired as his coach, and manages to fight his way through to the last battle of an international competition. Secretly burning with love and yearning for his coach, that became his own enemy when he felt that he’s reached the limit of his potential. Unable to bear it any longer, he admits his feelings to his coach, who accepts him with gentleness. While they both long for each other, unforeseen obstacles kept getting in their way, and they were unable to consummate their bond……time passes, and now the two are in Barcelona, the stage for the final battle. As our skater is still unable to display his true strengths despite it being the final day before the competition, his coach guides him to a certain place. And then the coach begins to tell him about his past, things which he’s never told anyone before……

There's also an interview with Kubo for episodes 7-12 that's been translated.

Lastly, we're coming up on the Four Continents Championship. Guide here.

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 13, 2017

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

More costumes on display
https://twitter.com/__machilda/status/831048765435899905

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Incoming fanstuff!

The basis of the rings as charms for good luck (Do check out the links in here as well.)
So many layers of meaning

Also, apparently Victor knew Yuri was a skater who was a fan, which gives a slightly different spin to their meeting in the hall.

ETA: Apparently foreign fans can no longer order the discs from Japan. I'm scratching my head over why this was done, considering how strong the sales have been.

ETA2: ATTENTION COSTUMERS! Video showing how the "twist" is done on Yuri's FS outfit, which just leaves the way it's secured as a question (and I have some ideas for that).

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 15, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Maera Sior posted:

Incoming fanstuff!

The basis of the rings as charms for good luck (Do check out the links in here as well.)
So many layers of meaning

Also, apparently Victor knew Yuri was a skater who was a fan, which gives a slightly different spin to their meeting in the hall.

ETA: Apparently foreign fans can no longer order the discs from Japan. I'm scratching my head over why this was done, considering how strong the sales have been.

the article seems to be more focused on how the ban relates to YoI, but i found this link to be a pretty good and concise breakdown of the likely reasoning behind the ban, which is probably more due to the music side of Avex's business and their international subsidiaries.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So, Funimation has the rights for an American Bluray release, right? Any announcements about that?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nothing yet. I'm not sure how far out they tend to announce releases but I'm not expecting it until beginning of 2018 due to Funi's usual turnaround time and the Japanese blurays not being finalized until April.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/mega_girlshobby/status/833111569554739200

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The rear end on that figure is absolutely incredible

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

The rear end on that figure is absolutely incredible
Looks like it was modeled after Adam Rippon's. :allears:

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Preordered from AmiAmi already :)

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.

I may have shrieked at the screen and then immediately opened a tab to amiami to preorder. I'd already done the deed for the Yuri one, and now he won't be alone!

HE EVEN COMES WITH MACCACHIN

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

:swoon: MY HEART and my wallet!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Of course, I only need Yuri and Victor. I wouldn't need Yurio. Or Phichit. Or JJ. :ohdear:

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

I'm still hoping for a tiny Yurio with a multitude of grumpy faces.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Doctor posted:

Of course, I only need Yuri and Victor. I wouldn't need Yurio. Or Phichit. Or JJ. :ohdear:

if I'm not making my own diorama ice skating tournament by this time next year Amiami has failed me

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

If they could all get little Phichit on Ice hats, that would be good, yes

also:
https://twitter.com/Adaripp/status/835946371324719104

Gnossiennes fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 27, 2017

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I've never wanted figures before but I'm really considering grabbing Yuri and Viktor.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

They've announced Yurio as well! I just saw the preview image. (I would post it but on mobile at the moment, sorry.)

Sadly, he is not wearing a tiger shirt, but :3: anyway.

He's not even my favorite character, I just think he'll be a super cute Nendoroid!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/denkimouse/status/836127750041690113

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Alligator Pie posted:

They've announced Yurio as well! I just saw the preview image. (I would post it but on mobile at the moment, sorry.)

Sadly, he is not wearing a tiger shirt, but :3: anyway.

He's not even my favorite character, I just think he'll be a super cute Nendoroid!

I'm honestly curious how many nendoroids Yuri on Ice will get after the main three if any since it's huge everywhere and Haikyuu has gotten a billion of them.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't be surprised if we got Phichit and maybe Minami, just because they're regular fixtures in other sets of merchandise. after them i have no idea.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm honestly curious how many nendoroids Yuri on Ice will get after the main three if any since it's huge everywhere and Haikyuu has gotten a billion of them.

Considering the sheer amount of variations on Madoka Magica Nendoroids, it could be a few. I'm predicting casual clothes and maybe Yuuri's matching costume to go with Victor.

I still really hope there will be Figmas too. The Nendoroids are super cute, but Figmas are lovely and fun to pose!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

I can hold off on those guys but I need an Otabek.

I didn't do this with yuuri but my friend reminded me that ordering from goodsmile means you sometimes get little extras; if you order viktor directly from them you get a little keychain. May not be worth it for folks who would pay a little bit less elsewhere (you pay full price at goodsmile; I think the estimate with shipping was $55 total for me?) but eh. I have an ita bag so why not get more trinket-y things for it.

Also crunchyroll has some new yoi wearables (leggings, shirts, hoodies) and the katsudon hoodie they have is awfully cute. A little nicer than their normal fare as far as apparel goes.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Goodsmile is roughly 55 to 60 usd, amiami with ems works out about 44 usd for me. A Keychain isn't usually worth the 11 to 15 dollar difference.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Not to mention that with Goodsmile you pay up front and AmiAmi waits until item release to charge you, which I think is awesome.

E: I had ordered Yuuri from Goodsmile because I had a duh moment, but I'll probably order the rest from AmiAmi because the lower price makes a huge difference with my piddly Canadian money! :haw:

Alligator Pie fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 28, 2017

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

You paid up front with goodsmile? Weird, that's never been my experience (I'm still listed as pending with them for viktor), it's actually why I tend to avoid them or amiami; I don't like being charged later.

This is a sorta terrible way for me to operate as my annoyance over simply having to account for uncharged purchases in my bookkeeping until release means I do something like wait until release and use ebay or order from a place like Crunchyroll (I did that for my Osomatsu nendoroids and it seemed like I got mine waaaay after everyone else).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

lmfao

https://twitter.com/keroikawa/status/836128463635435520

• Locked thread