Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The skating stories seemed to emulate other amines. Guang Long's looked very Cowboy Bebop, while Georgi's was super JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (his costume in ep6 screamed JoJo) with its colours and angles.

My boyfriend and I binged the first 4 episodes together when that was all there was, and now we watch it every week and love every moment. I have to deal with the fact that he now says that Phichit is his other boyfriend.

I've booked us tickets to go ice skating together in December. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

dogsicle posted:

sakugablog actually posts translated interviews with the show's costume designer, if you're interested in their inspirations or directions they were given by the director. you can find them here

I actually meant the animation style itself, but thanks! That's equally fascinating :)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I thought this episode was less gay than usual, but it was gayer in shorter concentrated bursts.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I loved that Yuri was getting sushi plushes :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

How much merch do we have to buy to maintain the gay figure skating machine?

If any of it was out yet, I'd be buying some!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Filter to just the released items and you get 5 books and a CD!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A sequel? So this isn't an ongoing series..?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Come on, Crunchyroll!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God my boyfriend and I are loving this so much.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Soral posted:

i haven't stopped thinking about episode 10 since i watched it. this show is too precious for this lovely earth

<narrows eyes>

are you my boyfriend?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gibbering posted:

Bless this fandom and all of the new stripper pole fanart.

Why was there a stripper pole at the fancy gala?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gibbering posted:

For that matter, who taught Yuuri how to pole dance. Those moves don't come from nowhere.

He went to college in Detroit, American universities are ridiculously expensive for foreigners.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Does anyone else wander around with the theme tune constantly in their head? :saddowns:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blue Nation posted:

Those 8 months in Hasetsu must have been pretty hard for Victor's liver.

Please. He's Russian.

Also,
https://twitter.com/_meccchi/status/807972910518403072

https://twitter.com/_meccchi/status/807623838330593280

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blue Nation posted:

You can check out Yuuri's RL Free Skate costume at Kubo's twitter.
I don't know how to embed tweets :(

Just add the URL like normal! SA works out the embedding all by itself! :)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh god, the post credits bit. What does it meeeeeean? :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And there's only one episode left! With all the Free Skating sections to go too, how is it all going to fit?!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The what?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hmm.. this twitter thread is a different take on the post-credits translation:

https://twitter.com/petitemistress/status/809158034198904832

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Celery Jello posted:

I was kind of a fan of the underplayed innuendo in Chris' flashback, but I have no idea if that's a quirk of the translation or not.

Care to explain?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh poo poo, I made that

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I like the little dancy kid I always forget the name of but the one everyone calls a chicken nugget dipped in ketchup, Yuri's fan. I want to see more of him just because I dig blending swing and skates.

I call him Yugioh.

I have this image of them painting cels minutes before broadcast.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

devtesla posted:

Today is ice boys day, everyone!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

quote:

And could you tell us about Victor’s appearance?

Kubo: His appearance is based on the American actor and director, John Cameron Mitchell.

Oh christ.

quote:

Please stay tuned until after the ED sequence, until the very end.

Aaaaaaaaaah

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I have idly wondered if the skaters get paid for this. Prize money, I guess? Endorsements?

Yuri slapped down 800 euros for two rings without blinking, after all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Your new wallpaper:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Harrow posted:

Can season 2 just be about Yurio with Yuri and Viktor as his gay dads that he hates but also admires and hates them more because he admires them?

As long as Phichit lives with them too. As much as this is an ice skating show, I could sometimes use a little less ice skating sometimes, you know? You're having to fit character relationships around the skating sequences and it feels like too little.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh I'm not saying do away with the skating, I love that! Just work out a decent balance with the off the ice stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He'd have something with the bacony smell of Canada all over it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

dogsicle posted:

Article with sales numbers for the OST
Almost 45k physical copies in the first week seems insane.

I bought it on iTunes purely for the Yuri on Ice track.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The thought suddenly occurs, do skaters get those sort of leg breaks you sometimes see in other sports? They've got to be landing quite heavily and fast off some jumps, and I can't imagine that's good for your bones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

drat, I never had any interest in nendoroids before, but I just caved in a heartbeat and preordered.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They're already on their way! Coming next...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Preordered from AmiAmi already :)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Of course, I only need Yuri and Victor. I wouldn't need Yurio. Or Phichit. Or JJ. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/denkimouse/status/836127750041690113

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Are there not laws about fifteen-year-olds doing that kind of dance for money?

He does it for Otabek's love.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So it's just the same story as season 1 retold in a movie? Or a continuation?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Also I picked up a print from this person and wanted to share; it and the mezamero print I have are probably my favorite YOI things that I've gotten thus far. They have a cute YOI postcard set, too.

Ooh, that's really pretty! And cheap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That's kind of what I reasoned, that the movie would be a whole tournament.

• Locked thread