Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Loved the first episode. A lot of pathos early on in the episode followed by an interesting turn around.

Seeing Viktor and Yuuri together the only thing going through my mind is Mike Tyson holding two pigeons together.

"Now kith".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
If this show ends up being a cocktease im gonna be mad.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Xun posted:

So odd of Yuri being actually straight are...?

After this episode if they do a cop out im gonna cry.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Or if you're victor, referring to them as piglet and kitten.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Dean Fujioka's History Maker Lyrics posted:

Can you hear my heartbeat?
Tired of feeling never enough
I close my eyes and tell myself that my dreams will come true

There'll be no more darkness
when you believe in yourself you are unstoppable
Where your destiny lies, dancing on the blades,
you set my heart on fire

Don't stop us now, the moment of truth
We were born to make history
We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around
Yes, we were born to make history

Let me ask you. Have you ever set someones heart on fire and it not been a relationship?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
The people insisting its a non gay thing are the same types of people who question why a character SHOULD be gay in something.

"I mean if its a good show why does it matter if theyre gay?"

BECAUSE REPRESENTATION MATTERS ASSHOLES.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Viktor is probably going to hurt Yuri pretty badly because his reason for coming out to Japan is likely more selfish than Yuri realizes. I mean, that was pretty obvious just from his reaction to the video. He wasn't flattered or intrigued, it looked like annoyance and even a flash of anger. Either seeing that upset him because of something bad that he's got hiding in his past (as in, he might actually be interested in/sympathetic to Yuri so his anger was about something related to what he saw but not at Yuri himself) or it upset him in a way that made him decide to use Yuri to pull himself out of whatever problem he's created lately.

Yuri hasn't even started to process the fact that his idol is a flesh and blood person who can be kinda lovely, like any person can be.

But I mean generally yeah I'm probably not going to say much beyond "I ship it" until I see which way the wind is blowing with the show itself. I guess if other people here wanted to talk about it anyway, I can do it, I'm not really having a lot of fun reading tumblr posts about it at the moment.

e: fine I'll go whole hog, the stuff with Viktor I said above but it resolves in a way that's absolutely gay in that he has to get Yuri back after he fucks up :allears:

This is the kind of thing that has me wondering. At some point the idealization is gonna come crashing down, and Yuri is going to see Viktor as a real person.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
That song might be my favorite part of the anime. Its like a stage musical number but with modern aesthetics.

Also anyone else catch that when victor showed off eros, that Yuri was like "THAT COULD MAKE A MAN LIKE ME PREGNANT" or something to that matter?

If this show doesnt deliver on gay im writing an angry letter to ....someone. Ill figure out who later. :argh:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

someone awful. posted:

who would possibly want to see yuri, naked, on the ice?

Viktor.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

I just laughed so hard at that the cat in my lap face planted into my monitor.

Now i want Russian Punk Yuri saying "Such awesome Fashion" and it turns to a dickbutt shirt.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Blue Nation posted:

The tumblr theories have gone from "Victor is abusive", to "Victor is hiding an injury", to "Victor is dying", even when the show already stated that Victor's concerns come from a lack of inspiration and him reaching the age when people start retiring. I guess part of the audience really like angst in their shows...

See, i kinda hate that. I find it far more interesting that two top athletes in a world much smaller than it might seem end up working together to forge something really awesome. Imagine you are the worlds BEST in something, and you are hitting your twilight years in said accomplishment. Imagine that. Now imagine you see someone you kinda know but not really having taken inspiration from you and showing immense potential, and then you find out this guy has been inspired by you. I love the idea of this guy sweeping in from russia with the idea of helping someone in his same field become better at it. I like THAT Viktor.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
I keep thinking, we are going to hit some sorta plateau of homoeroticism, and then the show tops that.

Good Lord :circlefap:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

i nearly pissed myself laughing at this. Its so true.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
This is the only anime to make me literally cheer out loud and wake up my neighbors.

GOLDEN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Miss Nomer posted:

I hate him because he's Canadian and has a tramp stamp :colbert:

I hate him cause he has a tramp stamp but doesnt do as much to show the goods as Chris does. What the hell is the point of having your name tattooed above your rear end if you dont show me more of your rear end?

• Locked thread