Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think people need to get over the idea of sports anime as hot-blooded homo festivals. It's a versatile, wide-ranging genre that's been around as long as anime has!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't yet watched the first ep, it's just something I noticed lately, with people saying "X isn't gay enough to be a sports anime!" or "Y isn't hot-blooded enough" etc. and it kind of grinds my gears!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Augh!!! That was incredible!!!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That was an incredible first episode. I can't wait to see the blurays where they triple the animation count on the skating scenes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I can't wait to see Yuri give his Eros to Viktor

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Call them Yuri and Yurio instead of whatever you just called them please

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Yuuri is the most accurate romanisation of the Japanese one's name, AFAIK.

Yuri and Yurio is how they are differentiated in the show, so everyone will know what you're talking about

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it sounds like a song somebody might actually do a skating routine to, so i've really grown to like it.

Yeah it's really grown on me.

Gnossiennes posted:

:smith: the playboy is going to toss him aside and move onto the next town

If Yuri's the playgirl then he's going to take the skating world by storm, so to speak :mrgw:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That's how I interpreted it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

idgi

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

devtesla posted:

Thinking about ice boys

Me too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DIdn't it air on Toonami or something

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I only have one episode left of this now......

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I believe in you JJ! You can easily make third, or maybe fourth place! It's JJ style!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The ending to this didn't really stick the landing for me. The last second drama felt kind of forced and also Otabek didn't make it on the podium.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There was a discussion earlier in the season about which anime people would still be talking about 10 years later and now I'm not so certain YoI would be one of those shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

This is beautiful and I love that his twitter name looks like Joe Johns On Ice

lol

• Locked thread