Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This show makes me feel lots of things and it is very very good.

The OP is gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This was very beautiful and very gay.

Any cop out of any kind would shatter my heart. This show makes me feel so good and good god it is so so pretty.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

In Training posted:

I think someone mentioned it before but it sucks how bad the song is in the OP because I quite like the animation in it

I actually love the song. The opening bit just makes my heart soar and when "we were born to make history" drops it's the most triumphant thing ever.

It's different, which I love! And the visuals are gorgeous! But then, I have a soft spot for both this kind of music and for those kinds of vocals. Blame Akeboshi.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This is good.

This is so, so good.

The skating was beautiful and the press conference was wonderful and I hope Victor and Yuri kiss.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Lupus Rufus posted:

Georgi's entire performance made me go "Are the straights okay????"

It was one of the funniest things in the show so far. Yurio and his friend snarking while he bitterly stomped around the ice in his awful outfit had me in tears.

This show just feels so good and makes me happy.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

WE WERE
BORN TO MAKE HISTORY

Oh my god I am so happy. They loving did it. They actually did it. It wasn't baiting. It was real. Everything was set up so well, too, and they didn't let me down.

What a great loving episode. The music was top notch and fleshing out the skaters and their motivations was fantastic. Really happy for Phichit, too.

Honestly, Georgi is hilarious because to quote someone earlier in this thread, "Are the straights okay".

gently caress. I'm buzzing. What an episode. It did so much right I can't even express it coherently right now.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JJ is heel of the goddamn century. I love this fucker.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I always seem to miss when figure skating is on, and this anime has made me want to properly follow it. Would one of the fans mind mentioning when the next big event is and what times and channels it's on? All my online resources are giving me conflicting or incomplete information.

Thanks! Excited to get to learn more about this sport.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I can't believe that was real.

I can't believe that really happened.

When Phichit straight up said it I nearly burst into tears. And then Victor. Holy poo poo.

I feel so...I don't know, validated. There's something about this show that just feels like it's specifically speaking to me and appealing to me and I can't put my finger on it. I love it. I want to rewatch the restaurant scene again and again and again.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That was lovely. Javier Fernandez is my favorite. I love Javier Fernandez. Shame about the fall. Congrats to Yuzuru and Evgenia!

Does ELTA usually broadcast FS events on their YouTube channel live like this? It's nice to have a stream that just works.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Does anyone else wander around with the theme tune constantly in their head? :saddowns:

All the time. Whenever there is a rush at work it always seems to kick in to keep me on my toes.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Jesus, I know I wanted JJ to get knocked down a peg, but I didn't expect it to be so heartbreaking. I love it. The parallels between him and Yuri were fantastic. This is easily the best pure-skating episode and it had plenty of what I love about those - that we see each skater's character really come out in their routine. Each of them does something different and it's all so unique.

It's also super wild to be watching this right after the actual Grand Prix Final and realizing how spot-on the aesthetics are. Impressive.

Seriously though, I kept waiting all series for someone to have a really bad performance but for it to be JJ and accompanied by those incredible visuals...I'm blown away.

As for the thing at the end, I have to admit that while thematically appropriate considering the theme of On Love: Eros, if we get anything less than Yuri and Victor together and married I'll be sad. I hope the two of them sort out their differences and misunderstandings somehow and realize that they've kind of been not opening up to each other like they should have and let's just have a happy ending god drat it. They can split as coach-and-skater but don't let them actually split. Please.

I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS IS GOING. :cry:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I can't stop listening to the full versions of History Maker and Theme of King JJ. I've memorized the lyrics just by playing them on repeat. Also I'm suffering because I'll be on a weeklong trip without Wi-Fi and leave the day the episode comes out. I have to find a way to watch it or I might just explode.

If it sticks the landing it is definitely going to be considered one of my top five animes. I can't stop thinking about it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Torrannor posted:

What's up fellow YOI music addict? In addition to Theme of King JJ and History Maker, I'm also listening to In Regards to Love: Agape and Yuri on Ice. And after repeatedly listening to it, I think Theme of King JJ has a sad quality to it that I only really began to appreciate after episode 11.

I'm probably going to put the whole OST on my iPod eventually. It's just so good and the vocal tracks have that goofy stadium-filling musical-esque quality I adore.

I really feel that Theme of King JJ is my favorite for the reason you mentioned - it didn't change at all between its original performance and how it is used in episode 11 and yet it perfectly fits both moods. It is so soaring and arrogant, yet it has this beautiful melancholy and if you really listen to the lyrics there are so many references to wanting to be the best not out of pure pompousness but because he wants to "show you how" to reach the stars and the like. No wonder he has such a rabid fanbase - he's a giant (and hilarious) jerk, but there is an element of wanting to shine brightly so others can aspire to do better because of him. It is so complex, much like the show and it's characters, really.

Theme of King JJ is just begging for a full power ballad version with improved lyric translation and a full chorus to chant the "JJ" parts. I can't listen to it without remembering the fan crying in the audience in 11. God, what a show. What a soundtrack.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I understand and do wish they had kissed again but also I sobbed like a goddamn baby at Stay With Me and I am so glad this anime happened and exists. I needed this episode and this show.

Definitely in my favorites of all time list. Season 2 will start with a wedding slide show and take us to the Olympics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Logicblade posted:

He can reach the stars, and he''ll show you how.

He is brave enough to fight the enemies. This is who he is - just remember him!

• Locked thread