Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

In Training posted:

It would be cool if there was graphic anal sex in the rink.

They're gonna gently caress in the hotspring, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Lupus Rufus posted:

Georgi is a sack of poo poo tbh, he's basically passive-aggressively harassing his ex via his skating routine. There's nothing really sympathetic about his arc. From his previous routine to today's routine, it felt like "I am an evil witch who curses you!!" --> "Oh no, I'm so sorry for cursing you! Please pity me and love me and I'll lift the curse", which is like... emotional manipulation 101. Of course, she's having none of it and walked out (YEAAAAH that was also a lowkey satisfying moment in the episode).

Also, I'm please as punch someone remembered my "are the straights okay" quip.

That's all internal monologue so all he's doing is being sad about his breakup while skating which is pretty funny and I would have left him too but doesn't make him a terrible person or anything

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

cut the middle man and just make a slice of life show set in Nichome imo

this

also all LGBT media should aspire to be Funeral Parade of Roses

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

I still think it's the anime of the decade

It's hosed up that Bodacious Space Pirates is quietly the best representation of gay people in anime

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/morishima_akiko/status/814008478284935168

we've reached peak yuri

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Unmature posted:

Eh I guess. I'm a few episodes in to MP100 and nothing has made me feel even close to the way that the first three episodes of YOI did and that was definitely bolstered by the animation. Like I'm watching a couple eps a week and I was ravenous for YOI and a lot of that was I just needed to see more pretty boys. And "animation" is a pretty broad term that doesn't just mean technical tricks. Was costume design its own category? I'd roll that into there if not. And the emotion displayed by the characters in YOI is in a whole different league from the few different emotions we see in MP100.

The real better contender is Euphonium by several hundred miles

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Finally finished this and Amanchu in the same dayish span and despite all the press I think Amanchu is actually the recent show that saved the gays and anime.

Liked YoI a lot though. I'm losing my mind over Yurio's free skate outfit. Really enjoyed all the later skating sequences (and all the rear end) The ep. 10 credits sequence was

Looking forward to next year's female skater focused spinoff, Bella on Ice.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/blau678/status/825386246625120257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Yuri's thick red squid

• Locked thread