Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Davincie posted:

i was a bit disappointed in the use of language of the show, i was hoping yuri and victor would speak russian in the scenes where they are alone or well, in russia. instead you just have a few words here or there and then some random english. no playing around with the language barrier either

agreed on them not speaking russian when they're by themselves. idk about doing more with the language barrier. i feel like it would slow things down if they didnt let viktor and yuri talk freely, or if viktor couldnt talk with yuri's friends and family in japan. like the scene where he chats with the ice rink managers might have been worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Good

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

this show is so goddamn loving good

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

Call them Yuri and Yurio instead of whatever you just called them please

yuri and Юрий

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Knorth posted:

That was a cool and interesting post

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

YURI ON ICE
UU
R R
I  I

O    O
N     N

I       I
C        C
E         E

is anime of the decade

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

the show continues to be excellent. georgi and chri's performances in particular were amazing. i was sold on georgi the moment he said that viktor's departure made him the top skater in russia, he's just so intense :allears:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

same

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

It was a good kiss imo

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

yeah ill be honest zhukov did some pretty messed up poo poo

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i'm glad we have fanartists willing to correct the mistakes in the show

https://twitter.com/mmmaoh/status/799024440495525900

good

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

different subs sure. better maybe? Depends on who puts them out

i hope its by that Davinci guy. he's always on point with the translations. beautiful typography too

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

JJ is amazing and I love him

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Kytrarewn posted:

There's no way that Victor survives to see the Grand Prix final, is there?

viktor was actually the ghost of a fox all along, and at the end yuri will marry him on a hilltop

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Does anyone else wander around with the theme tune constantly in their head? :saddowns:

Singing along while driving, right here

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I still think it's the anime of the decade

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The skating owns and they should keep it but make it better. I want the blades to reflect other objects

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

he rules the world, and the starry sky spreading above.

he'll never give up, even if the night should fall, always does his best.

he looks in the mirror, the king looks back at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Unmature posted:

Anime of the decade.

hell yeah

• Locked thread