Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
This thread is going to be full of so many tears in a couple months.

Many of them will be mine.

...please don't cop out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Mixed signals, Yuuri!

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

I usually don't share fanworks, but this is something special.

I'm moved to tears.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I'm not ready for Victor's violent love attack.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I wasn't ready. I'm still not ready. Please hold me.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

a cartoon duck posted:

See, it worked.

Thank you for your hard work.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I don't remember either of those being popular.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

I remember reading somewhere that the show barely passed Japanese censorship laws. (This is also my guess as to why it airs in the early morning in Japan despite not being that risque.)

That sounds like hogwash. I bet it's more that they wanted to tease the poo poo out of us. "Tune in next week and maybe we'll let you see them lock lips without something blocking the view!"

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Chris needs to step up his games and have multiple orgasms on the ice, perform the skating routine equivalent of tantric sex. Only then will he achieve true mature eros.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

Giant post explaining all the mistranslations in episode 1-6 <- Even if you don't normally click on the links I post, click this one. It's worth it. Check out the whole blog, there are a lot of relevant posts tagged with "catsudon on ice."

Wow, there are a lot of subtle things that are lost in translation.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

Does anyone know how likely we are to see better subs on the dvds? I've never watched a simulcast before.

Definitely wondering that myself. If there were adjustments made to the translation to make it more accurate, or at least tonally consistent, that'd go a long ways towards encouraging me to buy them rather than make due with Japanese BD rips.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I want to see JJ crushed, his smile gone, his dreams destroyed.

But, like, I mean that in the best way? I love his punchable face. And his punchable tramp stamp.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Perfect.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I want to drink his maple syrup flavored tears.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I tuned in just in time to hear a commentator call Yuzuru Hanyu "as agile as a freshly born kitten".

What have I been missing out on all my life.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Gnossiennes posted:

I'm hoping that round and gold thing isn't just a medal

My withered crone heart couldn't take it, but I'd die happy.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I've got the tissue box pre-ordered, but otherwise waiting for figures.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

They're both going to retire and start a poodle farm together.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Some people can't accept the reality of a happy, uplifting show whose unofficial tag line is "love wins".

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

Johnny Weir is about to start watching I know I will be checking for his reactions.

We live in the good timeline.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

They were born to make history.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Yuuri needs to drink more often.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Was this episode real? Am I still asleep?

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I need to buy more merch to express my joy.

Oh look, Phichit's phone case. How convenient.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I can't believe Viktor was the most beautiful woman in town all along.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Poor Victor.

Seriously, that party explains so much about the first few episodes. Mainly, why Viktor kept hitting on Yuuri with the force of a freight train when we all thought he didn't have any prior indication that Yuuri would respond positively to that.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Bless this fandom and all of the new stripper pole fanart.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

For that matter, who taught Yuuri how to pole dance. Those moves don't come from nowhere.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

To pay for his coaching fees then?

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Go Evgenia!!

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Does anyone else wander around with the theme tune constantly in their head? :saddowns:

I've found myself humming it while at the office. Often. And then I cry to myself because if my dreams would come true I wouldn't be in an office.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I actually feel bad for JJ.

Also, his maple tears are delicious.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I'm still hoping for the Instagram wedding album ending.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Viktor needs to straight up tell Yuuri "stay by my side, don't leave", because this whole non-verbal communication thing clearly isn't working well enough. Sometimes direct is best, kid.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Poor Chris. He puts up with so much.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I'm shelling out for the blu-rays, so I am heavily invested in there being some animation touch ups.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Adel posted:

I can't wait for Yurio's pissy face when he accidentally catches the bouquet.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

MattTheDoctor posted:

If When it sticks the landing it is definitely going to be considered one of my top five animes. I can't stop thinking about it.

ftfy

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Why, work?! Why did you have to schedule a meeting during the finale? Haven't you taken enough from me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Dear sir,

I regret to inform you of my resignation, effective immediately. To my regret, it has come to my attention that there are irreconcilable differences between your company's direction and my goals in life. I wish to have a life devoted to gay ice skating, whereas the company's interest lies in captive health plan budgets.

Gibbering fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 21, 2016

• Locked thread