Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who does updates worse
crapple
google alphabet inc
micro$oft
View Results

• Locked thread
crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
-apple will nag you until you cave to sir jony ive's latest vision of artisan bespoke UX by hiding more of the UI behind frosted glass etextures

-google will abandon you after a year to the wildlands of xda forums, sideloading and flashing roms

-microsoft will force you to download gigabytes of updates and turn all their data telemetry mining back on resulting in your business shutting down for days.

somehow apple still seems the worst to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

abraham linkedin posted:

also lol if you have a googlephone

enjoy waiting to get updates when your carrier finally decides to give them to you shoved full of bloat

i have a googphone that i bought outright so i dont really have that problem

also i dont think carrier bloat is much of a thing here

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

abraham linkedin posted:

literally any android phone not made by teh goog is subject to updating whenever the gently caress your carrier wants it to update if i am not mistaken

this was my experience over three different android phones befor i got an i phone

it goes goog -> oem -> carrier so it depends how good/bad you have it at both those points

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Millstone posted:

No it goes

Trash

step 0: htc hires a graphics artist to make excuses in the form of an infograph

• Locked thread