Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

please tell me I get to guillotine monarchists with some sort of limit break attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

game play idea a sneaking mission where you have to murder Marat in his bathtub

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Charles Sanson would make a much better game protagonist, why didn't you go with him?

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Will there be a sewer level?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Requesting that I be put into the game as Monsieur Quebec. Make me fat, French and fat as hell.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Op must be too hard at work on the game to listen to our excellent ideas

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Looking forward to the cart driving section where you try to catch up to the fleeing royal family.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Who are you going to vote for in the upcoming presidential election, and why?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I think I count seven different fonts in one screenshot.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
If you were sent to a deserted island and could only bring one French revolution JRPG, which would it be?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I don't see any nanomachines in them there screenshots. Pass.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Will there be support for the Hebrew character set?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Does the entire game take place in the month of Thermidor, or will it spill over into Fructidor?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Deki posted:

I came in expecting an rpg centered around lobsters, went away disappointed.

I had never considered lobsters before but now that I have, I am also disappointed :sigh:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lalaland posted:

The whole game.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I hope there's Baguette Magic in the game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Chomp8645 posted:

The whole game.

:drat:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Will Jean Valjean be the T.G. Cid of the game?

I will settle for the compromise of Javert being the Gafgarion.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

yo put me in this game tia

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Power Walrus posted:

I hope there's Baguette Magic in the game.

What is Baguette Magic

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

New Zealand can eat me posted:

What is Baguette Magic

Baguetteomancy, Charcuteronomy, all the main schools of Fromagic.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

New Zealand can eat me posted:

What is Baguette Magic

It's a divine form of magic known only to worshipers of Pan.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The OP has given me permission to link a bit of concept art to all you fans.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Why is this stickied and who are you op

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Where do I sign up for the free hubcaps?

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Guys let's help the op in writing a sidequest. I'll start it off: the main character is walking around on the market. All of a sudden an old man approaches him. He is holding a large fish.

Old man: Hello young man could you help me with something?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's a divine form of magic known only to worshipers of Pan.

:perfect:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Archenteron posted:

Will Jean Valjean be the T.G. Cid of the game?

I will settle for the compromise of Javert being the Gafgarion.

You're in the wrong genre buddy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ING9kPgEU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

jokes posted:

Baguetteomancy, Charcuteronomy, all the main schools of Fromagic.

Oh man a tactical rpg based on 'Chew' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chew_(comics)) with a cooking/crafting system where all the foods are your weapons and power fuel would be AMAZING.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
The month was named after the French word thermal which comes from the Greek word "thermos" which means heat.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Cosette uses Valjean as her Stand. Javert literally drops Stars on people as a special. The generic police officer can do a shun goku satsu. Enjolras drops The Barricade on people, Marius attacks with his dead skeletonified friends. The Thernardiers are a puppet character. There's a Robo-Valjean. This is amazing.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Holy gently caress this is amazing

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

There better be a fire spell called Thermidorian Reaction. I also want to romance Danton.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
OP please make this the opening theme to your soon-to-be-legendary French Revolution JRPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnP_apeb6Pg

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Can I equip "stink" like I can in LISA or not?!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Here's a question for those of us in the alpha testing:

How do you keep Ben Franklin from leaving my party every time a rich widow appears? It was funny the first time he left to go plow a milf but now It's getting ridiculous. He's my party's only real heavy hitter.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Erata posted:

Can I equip "stink" like I can in LISA or not?!

It's a French game so that's equipped by default.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you for all the comments, and I apologize for not replying earlier.

To all the comments about the screenshots, I'd like to remind you that Thermidor is in early development! We are working hard on the most important aspects of the game, which include the game play and story. Polishing the graphics and fixing (one pixel) alignment problems will be taken care of soon, but is not of our main concern at the moment, but before releasing the game all the material will be sent to the QA department...

Man Whore posted:

Just so you know OP, the uniform of French soldiers at the time was white.

Those are not French soldiers! But rather the king's guards, which were actually Swiss.

Thermidor is not exactly a historical game. It takes place in France at the beginning of the French Revolution, and there will be some depictions of historical figures and landscapes, and perhaps some connections to historical events, but it will largely be fiction. Though there will be no "lobster men" or anything related to lobsters for that matter, but if you back this game generously, we might invite you to dinner with us, and lobster will definitely be an option (:

Defiance Industries posted:

What mod did you bribe to get this stickied

MageMage posted:

Why is this stickied and who are you op

I don't know why this post was stickied, but I am grateful for that.
We are very passionate about creating and finishing Thermidor, and we want this game to be enjoyed by many people all over the world.
So your support is important to us, and just by sharing/commenting etc', you are helping the cause!
So making this post sticky is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. A big Thank you to the mod!
My name is Ron J. Ward, and I'm the composer and sound designer for Thermidor (:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

OP please make this the opening theme to your soon-to-be-legendary French Revolution JRPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnP_apeb6Pg

That was INSANE! guillotiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!
But seriously, there will be no guillotines in the game...
The game takes place in the year 1789, and they haven't been used yet (as far as I know).
the guillotines were largely used during the "period of terror" from 1793~94.

lalaland posted:

There might be. But we are definitely looking in to implementing the dark underworld of the Paris Catacombs.

tote up a bags posted:

OP DO YOU HAVE PLANS TO DO DLC BECause I love rpgs and want one about feudal Japan to be made

There are no plans for DLCs at the moment. The released game will be fully playable with no crappy IAP or whatnot. To quote our CEO - "games should be play to win, not pay to win".
But it is possible that in the future we will provide extra missions/quests. This entirely depends on the success of the game.

Baller Time posted:

What political and sociological messages are you planning to incorporate in the story?

Love, peace and equality.
No matter where you are from, how rich or poor you are, we all live in the same world.
Also, we are not trying to take any sides in this historical era. There was good and evil on both sides...

That's it!
Thanks again for all the comments (even the silly ones).
I will be here for a few more hours, and then checking this thread again on Monday. So feel free to ask/comment as much as you like!
You can also contact us on our website , or on all the social networks mentioned in my last comment.

Cheers!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hyperdevbox posted:

That was INSANE! guillotiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!
But seriously, there will be no guillotines in the game...
The game takes place in the year 1789, and they haven't been used yet (as far as I know).
the guillotines were largely used during the "period of terror" from 1793~94.

I feel like you're missing the point Ron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I feel like you're missing the point Ron.

Which is?

• Locked thread