Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

FiestaNinja posted:

Please can you confirm that Thermidor will have a similar 'breeding' system to hyperdevbox's acclaimed android rpg "RPG Record of Agarest War"

I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of your audience when I say I would not want to miss out on the chance to 'soul-breed' with revolutionaries of questionable age.

i'd soul breed with the question mark shadow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Kelp Me! posted:

we get it, you guys are into underage anime poo poo.

wow that's an intense accusation

how would this debate play out if we lived during the time period depicted in upcoming turn based rpg Thermidor JRPG? now that's a headscratcher

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

KingSlime posted:

how would this debate play out if we lived during the time period depicted in upcoming turn based rpg Thermidor JRPG? now that's a headscratcher

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
will there be soul-breeding or anything similar? thanks

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
can you gently caress it?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Please make Marat a party member and have him be wheeled around everywhere in a bathtub TIA.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Can I soulbreed Robespierre and Marat together to create an Uber-Jacobin who wields a portable guillotine as a weapon?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I want to breed with a guillotine

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Is this thread sticky because nobody reads sticky threads?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

"Whoa"

- Neo The Matrix

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
gently caress you charles dickens for making my middle school english teacher make us read your stupid book

dont worry, i know you're not charles dickens hyperdevbox. as an aside do not put in anything from a tale of two cities unless you put some super robots too

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

will Thermidor have in-game Assignat with a value based in a real world currency like BitCoin?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

The story of my life right here, right down to the Final Fantasy Tactics-esque Bug-Out mind grid whenever someone talks loudly in my direction.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 26, 2016

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Deltasquid posted:

This actually looks a lot better than I had expected from that announcement teaser. The character models look a bit wonky but otherwise it seems competently made. Not at all the RPG maker game I was expecting to see. So good job?

Your post on the uniforms made me curious, though. Is this a Japanese studio or are you a group of Frenchmen who decided to set up shop in Tokyo? Either way you are more knowledgeable on the subject of 1789 European uniforms than I am.

Thank you?
HyperDevbox Japan is a Japanese company owned by Frenchmen - Carlo Perconti, and consists of mainly a Japanese staff, but also other nationalities (myself included).
But, we all came from stardust, and that's where we shall return.

Blackdog420 posted:

will there be soul-breeding or anything similar? thanks

The soul-breeding system that was used in Record of Agarrest War was unique to that game, and we are not planning on copying and using it for Thermidor.
It just doesn't really fit the game...
Not to mention, this first chapter of Thermidor takes place during the first year of the revolution (1789), therefore a multi generation feature is simply not possible.
But, it's not impossible that in future chapters we will implement Thermidor's own mating system.
In a nutshell, the game will be more focused on the story line, rather than on breeding characters etc'.

Good Dumplings posted:

Do not put in anything from a tale of two cities unless you put some super robots too

Note taken.

Omnicarus posted:

will Thermidor have in-game Assignat with a value based in a real world currency like BitCoin?

The game will have an in-game currency that will be used to buy items/weapons/ammunition etc', at the shop, but we DO NOT plan on mixing in-game currency with real world currency, such as Bitcoin.
As a reminder, Thermidor won't have any IAP! It will be a full premium paid game.
Though, as mentioned earlier, there might be DLCs for extra levels/characters etc' in the future, depending on the success of the game.
So, if you are a committed gamer, you will finish the game. If you are not, you will simply have to try harder... ^^
You won't be able to buy yourself out of trouble, or purchase your way to victory.

I would like to kindly remind you that you can subscribe to our newsletter in order to get informed when the campaign launches, and about other Thermidor news.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

:getin:

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Sorry if this has been asked already but will there be any wizards in this game OP??

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
You should capitalize the "t" in "tavern"

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

thehoodie posted:

alternatively, add an 'e' to the end. 'taverne' sounds sophisticated

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zombie Squared posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already but will there be any wizards in this game OP??

In general, we aren't planning on having any fantasy/magic per-say, but there will be some religious figures in the game that might have some "spiritual" powers, and a secret society with some "alchemist" type powers.
It also greatly depends on the game scenario, which is still being written as we speak.
There is still a big part of the game that we do not know yet!

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

thehoodie posted:

Thank you, I agree!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

So if the game is only a few years long, how does that impact the mating system? I want many years to see my baby guillotines grow up

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I don't see any mention of the standard cliches that must be in every JRPG. Why isn't it schoolkids at some academy? Where are the silly haircuts and outrageously huge swords? You haven't even hinted at catgirls or other animal/human mixes. Is there at least a crazy loudmouth who actually turns out to be bashful? You must have the character who constantly tells you how average and boring they are right?
The union reps will be round with crowbars soon if you don't buck up.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Hopefully the currency will be something from the genre. Looking forwards to playing the alchemist character looking to turn lead into gil.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

If you can't guillotine the poo poo outta some bourgeois royal sons-a-bitches then what the gently caress is even the point of this game?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Please make the ending montage/credits with all the bad guys and most of the good losing their heads while giving peace signs and big selfie smiles and held poses and end up on a set of shelves together wherein the end credits song ("Vive la Rose") plays and they join in one by one tia. Like it's fine not to have any guillotines in game but let's get real for a second here about how many people would be livid if they made NO appearance in the game regardless of historical accuracy.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I like this game, I think it is cool.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Credible posted:

Please make the ending montage/credits with all the bad guys and most of the good losing their heads while giving peace signs and big selfie smiles and held poses and end up on a set of shelves together wherein the end credits song ("Vive la Rose") plays and they join in one by one tia. Like it's fine not to have any guillotines in game but let's get real for a second here about how many people would be livid if they made NO appearance in the game regardless of historical accuracy.

How about this, when the campaign launches, I will make a poll thread to see how many people want to see a guillotine in the game ^^

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Serious question: how many anime waifus will we be able to hit on in this game?

It's kind of my yardstick for measuring the worth of a JRPG

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Space Bat posted:

I like this game, I think it is cool.

Thank you very much, sir.
We are very excited about finishing and releasing this game ^^
But the crowdfunding campaign needs to reach the goal, so people sharing and being involved in the conversation is all we need right now!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

Thank you very much, sir.
We are very excited about finishing and releasing this game ^^
But the crowdfunding campaign needs to reach the goal, so people sharing and being involved in the conversation is all we need right now!

^^

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Will you be launching the crowdfunding campaign on fig so that we can become investors and share in the profits?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zombie Squared posted:

Will you be launching the crowdfunding campaign on fig so that we can become investors and share in the profits?

Probably not.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to introduce to you the characters of Thermidor!

Léandre (main character)
He is a romanticist with the heart of an explorer.
He is a quick thinker, persuasive, and likes anything heroic or adventurous, though lazy when it comes to house chores or work.
He is also an excellent rifler, and can use a sword better than most people his age (19).

Armandine (main character)
She is a beautiful 18 year old daughter of an Aristocratic family. A perfectionist who enjoys improving herself.
She has skill in the piano, etiquette, rhetoric, history, literature, and languages. All in the hopes of marrying for power and wealth.
Although she prides herself on being the perfect lady, she did develop one guilty pleasure - fencing.

Léonce - Léandre's father
Léonce was the son of a soldier.
He later on followed his father's footsteps and served in the French army himself.
Now he owns the family tavern with his wife, and they try to make a normal living, and live a peaceful life, though constantly under the heel of the aristocracy.

Marie. - Léandre's mother
Marie grew up in a small home with many brothers and sisters.
They all grew up working in the same tavern that she and her husband currently run.
Unfortunately the tavern fell on hard times and her parents were forced to sell a number of their children.
Marie was one of them. She and a few of her siblings were placed on a wagon and taken away.
She was lucky enough to catch the eye of a nobleman. At his estate, she was well cared for, and was taught the ways of the court, manners and cooking.

Camille de la Marne - Armandines father
A noble French aristocrat, and a staunch traditionalist.
He is a highly influential noble in Paris. His most notable contribution is his alliance with Abbot Gregoire Ouvirard who is the head of a local monastery.
When his daughter begins to show affections to a commoner named Leandre, he goes through a lot of trouble to keep them separated.
Although he seems to be cruel on the outside, not one of his schemes includes killing the boy.

Emerance de la Marne - Armandine's mother
A noble aristocratic woman and a devoted romantic.
She is one of the few people who knows her husband's true intentions toward the common people.
She knows why he helps them and why he wants their daughter to marry another aristocrat.
But no matter how much she tries, she cannot bring herself to agree with marrying their daughter off like that.
She believes in the significance of love and that sometimes pain is the price of true love.

Thermimi

King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette

Louis XVI (King of France) Inherited the throne of France in 1774 when he was 19 years old.
Although he's often blamed for France's poor state at the time, he actually inherited much of the debt and sorry affairs France had been in.
He was socially awkward, cowardly, fat, shy, and easily manipulated.

Marie Antoinette (Queen of France) was a Habsburg Archduchess and the youngest daughter of the Holy Roman Emperor Francis I.
She was married to Louis XVI of France when she was 14.
She was light hearted, and loved music.
She grew up pampered and coddled.
She was very attractive and enjoyed being attractive to people.

That's it!
Let me know your thoughts ^^

By the way, our #dailyquiz about Thermidor's characters will end this coming Monday (31st), but you still have a chance to win a framed picture of Léandre signed by our staff.
All you have to do is comment your answer in the respective post, on either Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+.
Try to answer all six of them!

And please subscribe to our newsletter ^^

hyperdevbox fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 1, 2016

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

It all looks pretty good but I'm thrown a little with the historical accuracy based on the concept art. Will there be rectangular paper bags like we have in the modern day that show up in the game proper? If so, then I would like to use that as a persuasive argument I'm not going to eloquently make in having our old friend Mr Headseperator show up as well.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I hate to be the one to tell you guy but the King and Lady King both get their heads chopped right the gently caress off by a guillotine

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Credible posted:

It all looks pretty good but I'm thrown a little with the historical accuracy based on the concept art. Will there be rectangular paper bags like we have in the modern day that show up in the game proper? If so, then I would like to use that as a persuasive argument I'm not going to eloquently make in having our old friend Mr Headseperator show up as well.

No head separators!!!
:smugjones:

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Anyway, happy Halloween to all ya'll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Frog was a deragatory word for french people right? Could you have one of the swiss guards say "Get out, frog!" in the game?

Also Halloween is on the 31st, i believe

• Locked thread