Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
i want the guillotines to be somehow integrated into the breeding otherwise I AM OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
well maybe not entirely out depending on how questionable the ages are but you know what i mean

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

we get it, you guys are into underage anime poo poo.

wow that's an intense accusation

how would this debate play out if we lived during the time period depicted in upcoming turn based rpg Thermidor JRPG? now that's a headscratcher

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

hyperdevbox posted:

And that's also part of the reason we are going with crowdfunding, instead of the traditional way.

but mostly it's because you don't have any money, making the "traditional way" a non-option

like if you stopped being a bitch and just added guillotines (which you can breed) you are aware that we'd fund the poo poo out of your game, right?

seriously being a game dev isn't that hard dude, just tighten up the graphics and give the people what they want, or someone else will (I am contacting the appropriate copyright authorities as I type)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Since other professionals are pitching in: if you don't have enough business sense to present yourself professionally and insist on writing out paragraphs filled with poor grammar and awkward sentences, as well as nebulous answers lacking the technical depth that people are asking about, why should I believe that you can produce a quality title worth investing in when there are 100's of other SRPGs I could check out instead? Also, you're getting defensive. Don't be dumb. This is marketing 101, guys. Surely you can hire a PR guy if your earlier projects were such hits.

Link us to your earlier projects, maybe that'll boost your credibility.

Source: Am a professional/technical writer whose clients understand how important it is to deliver clear, consice messages when it comes to communciating with people whose money you want, and when marketing/pitching your game.

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 23, 2016

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

hyperdevbox posted:

As Hyperdevbox Japan, we have an official public website where details about past published games are available, ...now what about you ? who are you ? Please kindly link some of your earlier projects so we can check the result of your past campaigns, maybe that will boost your credibility more than any of your post in here...

lol I'm not the one trying to get my game funded, fuckstick, and nobody pays me to clean up grammar on my forums posts so

this was fun though, I've enjoyed thermidor the guillotine forums experience

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 23, 2016

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He's not trying to launch a videogame crowdfunding campaign

you don't know that !!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
that is literally the most obnoxious reply

homie don't get it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
if the rest of the team can read this, you need to replace the person who is typing out the replies with someone else, just toss someone else in that chair and see if they can do a better job

that's a freebie, any more advice is billable at $40 an hour fyi

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i came here for juicy screenies, this is more than i ever bargained for

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

im sorry for being rude!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
christ is that real? i love it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

grate deceiver posted:

Lol at people itt honestly engaging the amine shovelware gamedev.

wow that is just taking it to another level, please don't harrass the High Quality Developer with your pedestrian bullshit

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah I saw that and noticed we were the only ones to talk to them

Obviously that's because we're pretty mentally ill ourselves

Nevertheless I await guillotine breeding with much anticipation and fervor

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

randombattle posted:

He was just so gullible though. Any normal person could have seen the signs.

I like to think the cultural gap was just too wide for the small but humble team behind Thermidor The Juicy Screenshot.

Then it became entirely too obvious that they were way over their head when they resorted to "that's what you are but what am i??" level of discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Original_Z posted:

I suppose this game will have the honor of joining the likes of the Demon Rush and Crimson Haze as ambitions projects that were run out of the forums in glorious fashion.

glorious is a strong word

E: had to quote because you nerds speed posted :mad:

• Locked thread