Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Gobblecoque posted:

I don't think anybody asked to see some game play screenshots but this is definitely lining up to be the best French Revolution JRPG.

please don't imply that many unrelenting gamers across the world aren't extremely excited for this educational english as a second language video game set during the french conquest of spain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
are you trying to imply that this romance game about the foie gras industry is not worthy of being stickied

e: this is actually a better idea. change your game to this, OP

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's a divine form of magic known only to worshipers of Pan.

:perfect:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
mr ward, would you kindly post some of your other compositions? work on other sound tracks or otherwise, I'm sure we're all curious

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I've figured out that this game is FAKE. don't be fooled.

like, there is no 2000 year old witch with the body of a 12 year old? sorry Mr ward, but you've just slipped and outed yourself. At the very least, this game is NOT a JRPG, confirmed.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hyperdevbox posted:

We don't want any beheading of any sort in the game, even if it means less sales.

You claimed that this game would be set during the French Revolution. Why don't you just claim it's set during the secession of the Conch Republic instead? You obviously don't care about historical accuracy.

Have we been duped again, just like with Star Citizen? Is this game even real?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hyperdevbox posted:

No and No, in both of your claims ^^

must be a seriously air tight nondisclosure policy you've got there

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I can't wait to sex all of these hip characters

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Glad that the NDA has been lifted and super hype that guillotines are now confirmed!

hyperdevbox posted:

the other 20% are genuinely interested in the game! And that is good enough ^^

:lol:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hyperdevbox posted:

In the meantime I give you permission to continue talking about guillotines and lobsters

:siren:NDA BROKEN:siren:

guillotines AND lobsters confirmed. best day.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Libluini posted:

Serious question: Are you aware that the guillotine is actually one of the most humane tools of execution during the time your game is set? Putting someone on a wheel and breaking all their bones and then leaving them to rot may have less "gore", but I assure you this doesn't mean it's less horrifying than just getting your head chopped off real fast

As an certifiably insane person, I think I can speak for everyone that is interested in this game when I say that we'd prefer guillotines to wheels.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Further proof that guillotines are the humane method, really

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
seriously though, getting back on topic, hyperdevbox, what is the ingame fois gras situation like? I have very strong opinions on the matter and it is crucial that the bonuses given by eating fois gras are appropriately magnificent.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

:yeah:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
question: does force feedback work properly for all controllers in mating mode?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm really just glad that we've got more than just hyperboxdev posting in here now.

It's nice to know that they really care about the fans!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
After the extensive outreach program we've seen here on the hip internet web spot "Something Awful", I think it's safe to say, pouring their entire company's resources into registering an account with kickstarter is absolutely the kind of quality we should be expecting.

I hope one of the stretch goals is a collector's edition guillotine. Maybe even a set with different outfits! can any of the devs please confirm this so I can get my wallet ready?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's the french revolution.

power epaulettes, if anything.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
how do you say "for fucks sake" in the japanese dialect they spoke in late 1700s france

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
what's the toilet situation like in revolutionary japance?

sit or squat?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lmao if any of you believed they put literally any thought into any of this

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
are there going to be minotaurs in this game? this is important

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Golden Goat posted:

Cause they wanted to make a cute anime kickstarter game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Crossposting but in honor of our fallen heroes, I'm making this for the SA Gamedev thingy.

Fructidor: Juicy Fruities, a guilloutine-themed fruit slicing game, set in the French Revolution. (First "gameplay" video in the second link)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post467970233
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=3#post467984112

work on a crowdfunding campaign and I bet you get more money than thermidor did

• Locked thread