Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I just don't understand how someone can claim that they are listening to the fans while ignoring the frankly outrageous number of people crying for the addition of lore appropriate guillotines. Frankly heads would roll if you guys were working with a publisher and ignoring such a passionate fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Did it really take you two months to make a Kickstarter page?

No he said it took four months.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So for this theoretical croudfunding. Can one donate money to have a character in the game and how much would it cost for Brooks Cracktackle to be in the game.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Does it have to be myself in the game or can I just put Johnny Fiveaces in if I pay 35,000 american dollars?

Also come on.

quote:

Characters will be able to pick up weapons from the game field, but also lose them, similar to a “beat them all” arcade game style.

Come on. It's a beat em up. What is this. You took 3 months and you called it a beat em all?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

That is funny because, usually, it is EXACTLY how advance on royalty works when you develop a video game for a publisher..., either a working prototype or simply a game design document, so maybe you did not choose the right job after all ^^

Maybe if your publisher is your mom but an actually company always want to know how the full thing is going to work out. The point people are trying to explain is that you don't seem to be approaching it from a first time crowd funding perspective.

You keep using terms that you think are supposed to pop with video game players but don't actually say much about the game itself. Saying its a jrpg doesn't tell you anything about the game. Do you run around an overworld like final fantasy? Is it just a line map with vn segments like a neptunia game? Mission based like disgaea? Am I going to be balancing relationships or is it just a linear story? There's so many gritty details that you gloss over that any actual publisher would laugh at. Where is all your money going? How much are you spending on voice acting if it's all being done in house? Is that going to impact people's workloads when they're already doing their primary jobs?

And of what is there why should it appeal to people? Why would anyone care about character backgrounds? No one but your team have seen anything about the characters. You don't have a scene of funny dialog or cool action for these characters to make us like them. Even games like all of obsidian's crowd funding stuff focused on gameplay even though it was always going to be about their writing and characters.

Why should anyone believe in a story and be fans for something they know nothing about. I wrote a draft of a novel that's not done yet. I don't expect anyone to care because why would they? You can't just expect fans to exist because you say so. Your most expensive backer reward is to put yourself in the game but why would anyone want to be in the game? Would you like to give me 20,000 dollars to be in my incomplete novel? It's the same thing you're asking of someone.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

pixaal posted:

I'm honestly surprised how long the thread kept the joke going. I thought someone was going to nuts on them at any minute. I'm glad it waited until the campaign started.

He was just so gullible though. Any normal person could have seen the signs.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

thing is their crowdfunding page sucks but I've seen other terrible-looking projects do well at crowdfunding and people hurl money uncontrollably at anime garbage. Their advertising and outreach must be complete poo poo. Like why bother putting all that time in to starting a crowdfunding campaign with such an ambitious target if you're not able to spread the word.

That's really the key to it all. They didn't really focus on anything that they needed to succeed. They didn't go all in on the anime dating crowd. They didn't go all in on the tactical rpg. They just said a few buzzwords and tossed up character profiles that don't get you excited for the characters or interested in them. I said it before that no one cares about backgrounds and poo poo about characters they have no attachment to. It's like putting up a wikipedia page for something. No one cares and that's just not how you excite people about.

Then the second it didn't immediately catch fire he threw a tantrum and left. What a shocker that it didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

And where is the crowd funding page in three languages!? How can you be a professional with but a single language.

• Locked thread