Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Can you put the legendary french hero, André René Roussimoff, into the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

You still haven't said if André René Roussimoff is gonna be in the game or not. He is important hero of French people, he needs to be in!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

Sorry, André the Giant is not going to be in the game.

This is really hosed up and I cannot support you are game any longer.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

So tell me why I should buy this game and WWE 2K17 when 2K17 has Andre The Giant™ in it but this game does not?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Is this game atleast gonna have ULTRA-VIOLENCE in it? I mean, it doesn't really seem to have anything going for it and the inclusion of ULTRA-VIOLENCE is in my opinion the best way to make a game appealing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Farg posted:

Anyways what will the final boss be

Hull Kogan

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The cast seems pretty sparse for a tactical RPG. You only have two playable characters listed. Are you really sure you don't want to add in Andre The Giant, if only to fill out the roster better?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

Léandre (main character)
He is a romanticist with the heart of an explorer.
He is a quick thinker, persuasive, and likes anything heroic or adventurous, though lazy when it comes to house chores or work.
He is also an excellent rifler, and can use a sword better than anyone his age (19).

Couple of problems with this one too!

First, his gun is far too skinny. Firearms of the time were much thicker for a large number of reasons. The most important being bore diameter, that is the width of the barrel which is determined by the width of the bullet. Bullets and the guns firing them were much fatter back then due to the use of blackpowder, which burns much less efficiently than modern smokeless gunpowder. This results in lower velocity which results in less damage. In order to give guns enough stopping power to kill a man in one shot (since reloading took a while) they had to shoot very big bullets.

The term "rifler" is not accurate as most guns in France in 1789 would have been smooth-bore. They had no rifling and as such were not rifles. But muskets. Now rifles did exist but they were significantly less common due to the spherical projectiles they shot not benefiting very much from being shot from rifled barrels as well as machining techniques were much less developed in the 18th century so making a rifled barrel was prohibitively expensive.

Finally his description says that he's both good with swords and with guns. While such a dual proficiency is not uncommon in real life, for a JRPG having a character use two very different types of weapons doesn't really make much sense. In Chrono Trigger for instance, Lucca could only equip guns and Marle could only use bows. Sure there are exceptions to this rule, but with the other party member being a dedicated swordsman, it seems to me that it would make more sense for Leandre to focus on guns and have her focus on swords. Instead of having one guy use swords and another get to also use guns.

I hope you and the rest you are dev team take these into consideration.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

We based Lendre's rifle on this one, which is called "fusil de chasse hessois"

That picture is of a Chassepot. Which was adopted by the French military in 1866. I'll give you that it's a blackpowder gun but it's still much more modern than what would have been available to someone in 1789. Like in 1789 a bolt action rifle with metallic cartridges would have been straight up futuristic.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The thread or the game?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I think one of his devs got onto his account and then changed the name to something more accurate.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Are you saying that in Thermidor I get to gently caress around the American Southwest as part of a gay boyband?

In that case I'm down.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Anime is already a French word. OP didn't know that since he doesn't know anything about France.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Arcaeris posted:

I was gonna come in here and poo poo on this game generically and then I saw this line and now I'm generally interested.

Leandre is "the best swordsman his age" and he is 19, but Armandine who is 18 is better than him.

Is there a plot point where Armandine has a birthday and Leandre then has to admit that he is no longer the best swordsman his age? Or are they exactly 1 year apart so this never happens?

He is the best 19 year old swordsman. So an 18 year old swordswoman could be better.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah please show something more substantial. We don;t want this to become the No Man's Sky of guillotine simulators.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Where did Optimus Prime get two Dragon Balls?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Also Saiyan was spelled wrong. Christ so much poo poo wrong with this game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Grats on the $80

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Grats on the $80

Grats on another $30.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Grats on the $60 you got since I went to sleep.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Please do not be rude to the devs of Guillotine Simulator 2K17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

POST 1000

• Locked thread