Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I don't see any mention of the standard cliches that must be in every JRPG. Why isn't it schoolkids at some academy? Where are the silly haircuts and outrageously huge swords? You haven't even hinted at catgirls or other animal/human mixes. Is there at least a crazy loudmouth who actually turns out to be bashful? You must have the character who constantly tells you how average and boring they are right?
The union reps will be round with crowbars soon if you don't buck up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SSNeoman posted:

Despite Agarest's reputation for that poo poo in reality there's only about 9 or so of these sorts of CGs in like an 80 hour game.

No the real reason it sucks is because it's filled to the brim with needlessly obtuse mechanics, a crafting system from hell, an incredible grind unless you know exactly what you're doing and a story that requires you to make the exact right choices across the entire experience to get the true ending. There is no margin of error and if you gently caress up well enjoy New Game +

I picked up Agarest zero when it was on sale on steam last and someone told me it was 'the playable one'. After a little time being very confused I hit google to try and make sense of it. There are 3 page spreadsheets for this poo poo, not the usual guide or walkthrough, a real colour coded spreadsheet which gives the one and only way to win. Unsurprisingly I lost interest at that point but it was too late for a refund.

• Locked thread