Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

hyperdevbox posted:

Hello you awfuls,

So I hope everyone understands that we have been working very hard on the crowdfunding campaign page for the last 2 months, and therefore have paused all the work on the development of the game.
I am really looking forward to that moment where the campaign is a success, and we can continue developing the game while being in constant contact with you guys here, and update you regularly about our progress.
Which means, you WILL get to see ALL the juicy screenies, art, and music, as the creation process develops.

By the way, in our campaign page there will be a LOT of info and details about the game, and I'm sure that it will satisfy some of your cravings to a certain extent. Not to mention, as the campaign is running, we will update it all the time.

Update: We are now proofreading the campaign page (English, french & Japanese), and finalizing the Pitch videos. Everything is looking good and almost ready to go!

Why would developers have to stop to make a crowdfunding page? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Judging by the backer trend in the last 24 hours, it seems this campaign is on the fast track to the chopping block.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm All The Improper Capitalization In The Campaign Page

Also Someone Just Backed The $300 Tier So You Guys Can Suck It

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hyperdevbox posted:

if you want to buy a complete game, browse the steam catalog ^^

So you guys spent 4 months preparing the kickstarter page and you release a $30 game pitch that's nowhere near completion or early access... On the biggest games sale week of the year? You can be sure that browsing steam is exactly what people will do.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hyperdevbox posted:

In general it does matter to know about what you are talking about and/or criticizing about if you do not want to be seen as a troll. I agree, all 3D games are "rendered" by the GPU, it does become realtime gameplay if you do have some kind of interactivity with the game like we have, Prokhor Zakharov claim that we have 0 gameplay is simply false, I just pointed that ! The hardware used during the recording was a notebook + nvidia geforce gt640m, 1920x1080 HDMI out.

I think that you're the one who's missing the point here. Game dev frameworks are dime a dozen these days and loading character models and textures into something that has zero game logic behind it is rather easy. You guys never interact with the game in the video. And since the "gameplay" demonstration at no point shows anything resembling your own code running at the background, would it hurt that much to show, for instance, the player character attacking someone and demonstrating any semblance of damage calculation? Wouldn't that be pretty much an essential requirement for a Proof of Concept, and even more for a crowdfunding pitch? It kinda makes it look like you guys don't have the development resources to see this project through even if you somehow hit the crowdfunding goal.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hyperdevbox posted:

You must be mistaken We have NO Kickstarter campaign.

Whoa, it doesn't get any more pedantic than that.

hyperdevbox posted:

I am not missing any point, you do ! If you think that a game framework will do a game for you without any need of being a game developer and invest time in coding and money resources in assets then I am sorry you are living in a dreamland, but please show me I am wrong, pretty easy for you isn't it ? Post an exact similar gameplay video made by you using your favorite game framework and with your original character design, I just cannot wait to see your "0 gameplay" for next week ^^

The point I'm making here is that it looks like you guys have lots of people creating art assets and "lore" and voice lines and everything, but so far there has been no demonstration that your Tavern demo has any actual game logic behind it. This fits the profile of many other failed projects that came and went. People came here showing all the art assets and the mindblowing concept of the game but had no way of actually implementing any of that.

The only thing you had to do here was show us a video of one of your team playing that combat sequence of leandre vs the french soldiers. Crowdfunding is all about inspiring confidence.

hyperdevbox posted:

You are doubting about our credibility, it is your right, except that we managed to bring PSP, PS3 and XBOX 360 JRPG FULL games into a mobile platform when others were still working in Java, just saying....but you are right, we certainly cannot do damage calculation...sure.

Well, now it's even more baffling to me why you didn't show any of that in your crowdfunding pitch that is expected to raise two hundred and fifty thousand US dollars in 30 days.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 22, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gimbal lock posted:

CEO's wife gotta get paid somehow. Sounds like her job is to appease France for their transgressions.

Sandé Gardiné

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Golden Goat posted:

Could they have actually made a successful kickstarter if they spent more time on showing off the game instead of wandering to forums posting interest checks?

The funny thing is that if you look for thermidor on google you'll notice that they were laughed out of everywhere they posted about this game

And yet, they released the crowdfunding campaign.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'll create a game based on France's age of enlightenment where you shoot logic and facts to take down the brittle and unstable constructs of religion

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love how they kept lying way past the point they could actually do it.

before the indiegogo campaign:

"This is just a teaser, all the content we will release in the campaign will blow you away, JUICY SCREENIES etc."

Then they release the campaign with exactly all the same content they had and nothing more.

"That is a lot of content already! Can you do better UH?"

I'm not rooting for their failure, but this project reeks of desperation, kinda like a hail mary to keep their company running (which failed)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yo hyper dev dude, I'd suggest that you keep posting here or risk having your thread unstickied.

what do you have to say about your crowd funding campaign so far? what could have been done better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Reiterpallasch posted:

can you really hire a computer programmer with c++, java, and (presumably) obj-c or art for $24k/yr before tax in japan

I live in a third world country with the biggest currency devaluation of the last 20 years going on, and you wouldn't be able to find anyone in here for that salary.

• Locked thread