Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Will the game use the French Revolutionary calendar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I still say that the game should use the French Revolutionary calendar as a way to keep track of events happening in the game! Such a unique calendar that would be a waste to ignore!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Still no update about using the French Revolutionary calendar! It's almost like the devs are intentionally avoiding it for some reason...

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
What's this IGG nonsense? I was expecting Kickstarter!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Boy and for awhile I was wondering if it was still necessary to keep this thread as a sticky but I'm sure glad we went this far, it keeps getting better!

Anyway $30 is kind of a high pricepoint to back, I think for this sort of thing $20 is probably as high as you should go, $15 would possibly hit that impulse price range but $30 is too big a buy-in. I think the only Kickstarters I see with that high pricepoint are big games by established names.

Why did you go with IGG anyway? I don't have an account and I think not going on KS will limit your potential audience.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Isn't IGG usually not a good place for games of that budget anyway? I remember reading that it's incredibly rare for a high ask game to succeed there, I think the only ones that ever reached that range were the LabZero games and they were like working with the IGG staff to promote it, and their second game needed an extension anyway, and this is from a fairly well known studio that has a good reputation and a dedicated fanbase. Like it or not, KS is where the money is, barely anyone looks at IGG so your campaign will barely get any exposure and statistically people spend less money on that site so having a high buy-in won't do you any favors.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I suppose our fanart campaign did wonders for the Demon Rush, although that was a finished game with more to go on.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

The Crusher posted:

I remember a guy recommending Agarest Wars to me when I mentioned liking RPGs. I took the time to look it up and after a few almost literal juicy screenies of that game's potential love interests popped up I stopped talking to that guy and never really looked further into it.

From when I remember hearing about the game when it was new, the game is actually incredibly misleading with its marketing as the "sexy" stuff is apparently pretty rare and the rest of the game is a very monotonous and boring strategy game with a tremendous amount of pointless resource management.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I remember when HG101 made fun of the game in this article:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kusoge/kusoge-agarest.htm

In all honesty I'm surprised more people don't get pissed off about the apparently blatant false advertising, all the people who bought it to play around with sexy anime girls must have felt completely robbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I suppose this game will have the honor of joining the likes of the Demon Rush and Crimson Haze as ambitions projects that were run out of the forums in glorious fashion.

• Locked thread